Register now to get rid of these ads!

trying to find real junk yards

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by shane85, Jun 17, 2012.

1. OldoginMd

OldoginMd

Here are some pics

Attached Files:

2. Hey Willey been to the one in Humansville MO. many times. I remember when Roy was alive you could buy by the pound ;) I live about 25 mi/ away Pomme De Terre

3. 1950 silver bullet

1950 silver bullet
    from Austin, TX

try hines in oceola indiana lots of old stuff that will never be crushed. 3rd gen yard, hemis- tracktors-train cars..... and lots of old autos. none of it cheap but some real good stuff.

4. There is one down here in North Texas, CTC Auto Ranch. The place is HUGE, he has vehicles from the 20's through the early 70's. He can be a little pricey, but he has everything and is VERY knowledgable (not to mention nice guys).

5. shane85

shane85

Definitely interested in this one... not too far away. Do you know any address or streets or anything? having trouble finding it.

Thanks

6. Mac_55

Mac_55

Shane , 207 miles south of ya in Casey Il is my favorite . Its called Stutesmans and they will not crush anything old . I went down last year and had my choice of 5 different 55 chevys to get windshield trim off of . , all 4 pieces of it cost me 25 dollars, also picked up and automatic shift lever and nova badges for another 10 spot. Whats nice is they will let you walk the yard until your legs break . Great folks and a great yard. Looking to go down again because my buddy just bought the house directly across the road from it !!
    you can call them at 217 932 230
    give em a call for regular buisness hours . Last time i went was on a saturday when they closed at noon , i got there at 8 , walked for four hours and didnt get to see it all lol.

7. We had one way out east on the Island, appears to be out of business. A couple of the older established yards will still have some old parts in trailers, but all the old cars are practically gone. Once the 'yard changes hands, the culture changes and the older heavier relics are cashed out.

Cars don't sit around forever like they used to, once enough parts are picked off 'em, they're off to the steel mill... or on a slow boat to China.

Bob

8. 390Merc

390Merc
    from Indiana

Been here 3 times already this winter/spring before it got terribly hot and grown up. It was a great place to stroll around and I actually found a lot of stuff to pick over even further. Reasonably priced too. You metioned he hasn't crushed yet, but according to him he has quite a bit the last couple years or so, even though there are still quite a few cars left.

9. petritl

petritl
    from Marion, TX

Here are a few pictures taken a few years back at the Ponerosa I mentioned: located ~ 35 miles outside Bloomington, IL.
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

10. 1950 silver bullet

1950 silver bullet
    from Austin, TX

its HEIN & SON 14851 roosevelt road.

11. marxjunk

marxjunk
    from KCMO

I got transfered to KC Mo 4 years ago...i havent been back..sucks hes crushing..he had some cool stuff

12. kjlockhart

kjlockhart
    from Illinois

I am not sure if you are still looking, but my Dad and I found a great junkyard south and a bit east of Cabool, MO. This is one of the largest yards I have ever seen and it is full of cars from the '40's through the '70's. Check out the satellite view on any online map...you can't miss it. They are very easy to work with and will let you walk out in the yard. Prices are reasonable too!

13. Don Martin

Don Martin
    from West Tenn

Ck old cars guys on the net, several in Mo. Happy hunting

14. 56FRLN

56FRLN

What are you looking for? Freshwater's in Springdale, AR is small but he has mostly mid-50's cars/parts. Here is a google map pic.

[​IMG]

15. 56FRLN

56FRLN

Sorry - Freshwaters is mid-50's FORDS