Register now to get rid of these ads!

Sold my '32 mordor but I replaced it with a '32 Tudor Sedan

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by HOTRODPRIMER, Jun 18, 2012.

1. This long story started about 15 years ago when I traded Rick (racinman) my 1939 Ford Convertible for a stone stock non running 1932 Ford sedan and a glass Gibbon 3 window body.

[​IMG]

I sold the coupe quick and started the sedan build,,at the time I was not going to build a triditional car rather a resto rod so I sold the running gear and a Model A coupe body to finance a complete TCI chassis.

I used a crate engine and transmission.

About 2 years into the project my mom health took a nose dive and between 65 hour work weeks and helping take care of her the sedan just collected dust,I just walked away from the shop for almost a year.

During this time I didn't have a hot rod and almost lost interest in everything,,then one day a good friend of mine ask me if I might be interested in his roadster because he had found a 1940 Ford woody.

Roger called me that very same day and I quoted him a price,,he showed up the next day with cash in hand and as he drove away,,I knew I had made a mistake!

Roger and I had become good friends over the years and every time
    I saw him I asked if he is ready to sell it back to me,,the reply was always "you will have to take that up with Bevery when I'm dead and gone" with a big grin on his face.

Sadly, last November Roger died suddenly,,I went to the memorial service in North Carolina and had a chance to talk to Beverly but never mentioned the car,,it was not the time for that.

Ralph,one of Roger & my friends lives in the area and has kept close contact with Beverly and informed me recently that she had made the decision to part with the sedan and Roger had left instructions that he wanted me to have the first refusal.

I didn't have the cash to buy the car back and after Brenda & I talked about it,,we decided to sell the moordor,thankfully the car sold fast and yesterday I was able to drive to North Carolina and drive my old 32 Tudor back home.

It ain't shiny,it ain't pretty but I'm about as happy as a kid on Christmas Morning!:) HRP

Brenda took this photo as I pulled out into the highway headed for home.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Last edited: Jun 21, 2012
  2. 3wLarry

3wLarry
    Member Emeritus
    from Owasso, Ok

don't you touch that paint...

kidcampbell71 likes this.
  3. KustomCars

KustomCars
    from Minnesota

Great story! Congrats on getting it back! Looks really cool .

4. Larry,the original 25 louver hood is now on Deuce Roadsters 3 window coupe and the original grill shell and inset is still in the closet in our bedroom.

I'm gonna rob the hood off the 5 window and the car will be running all Henry body pieces! HRP

12 years ago,,

[​IMG]

yesterday

[​IMG]

5. bluesman

bluesman
    from spring tx

Looks good Danny good for u,,,,, I love it!!!I would gladly give you your money back;)

6. Great story and congrats.
    Looks like you got a little taller as time has passed. :)

7. Cool story......

8. I'm very sorry to hear of your Mother's Health problems, (did she pass? If So, My sincere condolences sir... I dont know what I'll do when my mom passes...) and that your good friend had to pass away as well, but I am thrilled that you got your hot rod back :)

James

9. Slick Willy

Slick Willy

Im not sure who has aged better!!??!!:p:D

10. Sorry about your friend but glad you got your car back.

11. Deuce Roadster

Deuce Roadster
    Member Emeritus

Congratulations !! :D

I know you have been jonesing for the old sedan back ever since it slipped thru your fingers. I am so happy for you and Brenda. I told my wife that I will bet you twenty dollars that Danny goes to NC and gets the sedan back after I saw you had sold the MorDor.

The MorDor was a nice car ... and looked vey nice but the NEW sedan ... is better suited to white line chasing. You and Brenda drive it down one day and we will go eat some Bar-B-Que ... :)

12. 32Gnu

32Gnu

Some things look better with age.. :)

13. Rex_A_Lott

Rex_A_Lott

Congratulations, and thanks for sharing the story and the pics. Nothing like owning a car that belonged to an old friend. I've got an old truck that most dont think too much of, but it means a lot to me.

14. Mr48chev

Mr48chev
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

Roger sounds like one of those guys who a gent could call a real friend. Especially when he left specific instructions that you were to get the first call if the car ever came up for sale.

It's nice to see that Roger didn't go wild making changes but created a car that you can jump in and drive the wheels off without having too many worries.

15. Congrat! Great story and personal history to a wonderful car! Can't wait to see it in person one of these days.
    Brett.

16. Wow. Super sweet sedan. Congrats!

17. deuceman32

deuceman32

That is one sweet Tudor, HRP. Thanks for sharing.

18. LOWFOMOCO

LOWFOMOCO
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

Very cool...I agree with 3WLARRY, Dont touch that paint!!!

I can relate, I just re-aquired a 64 Galaxie that I sold almost two years ago...I have been regretting it since the day I sold it. Now I have it back!! I wont make that mistake again..

Glad you were able to get it..Very nice car..

19. Awesome-----and envious.

20. I loved the Fordor but I agree with Randy, this one looks more suited to serious travelling.

Congratualtions!!!! It looks like a really nice car.

JH

21. I wish the "patina" crowd were here to take a look at genuine patina. That is beautiful. Maybe a little wax to protect the paint and cruise and grin. I would think that I may get arrested if I got caught cruisin' it, it is no doubt illegal to grin as much as I would be grinnin'. :D

Sorry your friend passed buddy and I am glad that he doesn;t have to worry about the old sedan. It is in good hands.

22. Malcolm

Malcolm
    from Nebraska

Sorry to hear about your friend's passing.
    Congrats on getting your old Sedan back! Looks pretty darn cool to me..

Malcolm

23. brady1929

brady1929

24. Well,to tell the truth,,the car is lower and I've gotten wider.

Mom died in 98,sadly on my wife's birthday,4 months later my dad passed away on our anniversary,it's part of life we can't control,,Rogers death was sudden but I have a photo of him I will keep in the car.

I'm sure your talking about me and not the car,,Right Tom?:D

Yes,I was thrilled to get the call and your right the car remained pretty much like I remember it.

You are so right.

Jim,you know how much I like the old Fordors and how I always fought for the credibility of fordors and their owners when they were referred to as parts cars,,,I still like Fordors,,but this car has always been near to my heart.

This car is the reason I put the old Fordor up for sale when I heard Beverly was ready to let it go.

Yes,this is not the way I wanted to get the old sedan back but I guess it was meant to be.

And yes,the patina is real,,not rust,,yeah there is some peeling and chipped paint,a little rattle can black to cover the repairs on the fenders and the few dents that have been fixed. HRP

25. DeuceDog

DeuceDog
    from Breese, IL

Things have a way of working out...congrats
    DD

26. so_dak_kid

so_dak_kid

I'm stoked for ya Danny! Glad its back in your family...Congrats!

27. Boones

Boones
    from Kent, Wa
    1. Northwest HAMBers

it would seem strange to see you in sedan after so many yrs in the multi-door. congrats on getting it back.

28. As said before. Very sorry to here about your bud.

But congrats on getting the car back. It's funny I am 37 have a wife and two kids (5 and 7) and we have god parents set up for the kids. I often think about who should get my car if anything happens to me. Is that crazy?

29. F&J

F&J

:) congrats on both. (the buy back, and the "all happy now"):D

cool story, but also sad, about your friend passing.

30. Sad, but kool story! Congrats.