Register now to get rid of these ads!

is there a chart for steelies from certain makes?

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by mothradeath, Jun 15, 2012.

1. mothradeath

mothradeath

basically, i need steelies for a ford in 14x5 or 6 that have alot of positive offset. little to no dish for lack of a better description. ive got a 65 ford econoline and i need to get more turn to turn clearance up front and these shitter mags ive got aint cuttin it! what vehicles should i go scouting at the junkyard that could be just what im looking for? thanks
    [​IMG]

2. mothradeath

mothradeath

dang these threads move fast! anybody know?

3. F-6Garagerat

F-6Garagerat

find out what was on there to begin with, then what fords used the same wheels. or ask what mags would fit and what the back space is at the local wheel shop.

4. King Karl

King Karl
    from N.C.

Try Early wheel company. They will do any offset you need and, they are affordable.

5. mothradeath

mothradeath

I will check it out. I wanna say stock wheels aren't going to quite work since I don't see them tucked under in anybodys pics who have them.

6. Dog Dish Deluxe

Dog Dish Deluxe
    BANNED
    from MO.

Check into late 50's and early 60's Rambler wheels. They look like 50's Ford steelies but are narrower and have less dish and the bolt pattern is 4.5" just like Ford. I have a set that I ran on a shoebox for a while. I can get some more if you need some.

7. ask poverty flats he knows where some are cheap

Last edited: Jun 16, 2012
  8. estes

estes

I second the Rambler wheel, i've got a '63 classic with 14x5's (they measure 6" from outside lip to outside lip) with a 3.75" backspace. They're practically FWD wheels!!

9. Jalopy Jim

Jalopy Jim

I have a set of 4 5x14 mustang 5 bolt and a set of 4 6x14 Granada wheels if they will work for you.