Register now to get rid of these ads!

Grundy Insurance

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by krylon32, Apr 13, 2012.

1. krylon32

krylon32
    ALLIANCE MEMBER
    from Nebraska
    1. Central Nebraska H.A.M.B.

Just got a notification that my policies that had been moved to Philly Insurance were now back at Grundys. That's good!

2. Carnuba

Carnuba
    BANNED

I just added another car thru Grundy and it came back Philly in an email confirmation

3. Aviator

Aviator

Received my car insurance renewal today in a Grundy envelope. The cover letter was "Grundy Worldwide...a Division of Philadelphia Insurance Companies". The premium is payable to Philadelphia Insurance Company. The ID card shows Philadelphia Indemnity Insurance Company. The agency is listed as Valley Forge Insurance Brokerage. No emails yet. Is this a Nigerian front that can also offer me diamonds or a split of the uncle's inherientance?

4. At least you recieved a renewal, I had to call them but they are back in business and still going.................just renewed............

5. swanwaco32

swanwaco32
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

I have been with Grundy since my accident in 2005 (had Chrome in Springfield Mo,total crap) Not happy with Philly and have not got notice of change yet. Was thinking about moving to someone else. There service is horrible! JS

6. jswilke

jswilke

Same here...good question. My Grundy policy renews in July so it looks like I may change insurance after many years with Grundy.

7. I just renewed with Grundy after getting a paket in the mail for my renewal. Haven't got anything else about a change. The large envelope does say Grundy Worldwide then below that it says A Division of Philadelphia Insurance Companies. And the address is different than it used to be.

8. Byron Crump

Byron Crump

I went with Classic Underwriters recently.

The Philly whatever guys were not fun to call, the Classic people answered the phone right away and were very helpful.

I had been with Grundy/Philly for years and did not like the changes in service.

9. rustyford40

rustyford40
    from Mass Bay

The Grundy add. on TV sayed no decidable, I was in a Auto Zone when a woman hit my 40 Ford pick up. My Grundy agent told me I had a $500 decutable.So the ad. for Hagerty sayes no decidable?

10. EVANS and 3 97s

EVANS and 3 97s

Had two recent claims with GRUNDY on seperate cars. They were prompt in both cases and had a very settlement on both .I am very pleased,and know several others who had similar experiance. I will stay with them. You never know how good your insurance is till you use it.

11. a40lover

a40lover

I've had Grundy on my 40 for several years, had a claim a couple years ago and they paid out fine. Got my renewal just yesterday and will renew again.

12. I recently had my annual renewal come up and I had some questions for them. After dealing with them I was very unhappy with their crappy customer service since Philadelphia Insurance took them over. Since I insure three of my original cars with CWG Insurance (http://www.cwgcollectorcar.com/) that is just 30 miles away in Luverne, MN, I am dropping Grundy and moving the rest of my cars over to them. I like the personal service and you always talk directly with a person, with none of that automated phone crap that I detest. And their rates have been pretty consistent over the years too. Best of all you'll receive a 10% discount if you belong to a local or national car club (like the NSRA or GoodGuys). Unfortunately they only insure in CO, ID, IL IN, IA, KS, MN, MO, MT, NE, ND, OR, OH, SD, TX, WA, WI, WY.

Last edited: May 17, 2012
  13. Don's Hot Rods

Don's Hot Rods
    from florida

My Grundy policy expires in June and I have just gotten the renewal packet in the mail. It says Grundy Worldwide, a division of Philadelphia Insurance Co. I looked at last years policy and it reads exactly the same.

My rate stayed the same and although I haven't had to use them I have no reason not to go with them again this year. The rate is half of what my Son is paying on his T bucket and I have $ 5000 more agreed value than he has. My other Son is moving his policy to them and for $ 60,000 agreed value the premium is only $ 300.

I just don't see any reason to panic and jump ship now.

Don

14. Bullet Man

Bullet Man

i've been with grundy for 5 years with 5 cars. i was getting my 41 plymouth ready today for a weekend of fun, while i was cleaning it insurance came to mind and i realized grundy had not billed me for this years premium that is always due in may. i found an insurance card in the glove compartment an my ins. expired may 20th. i never got a bill in the mail or even a cancellation notice in the mail by law in Pa you must receive one in the mail giving you fair notice. so i called grundy and they gave me an explanation that since nov. they no longer deal with them and 6,000 invoices were never sent out. ok how can we fix this? i was asked for my policy number and they couldn't find it in the system. by the way i was on hold for 45 min. before anyone answer the phone. they said they would call back and never did. well i called back hours later and after another long wait to talk to a human i got a girl that was really trying to help and she couldn't find me in the system either but atleast she called back to tell me someone will call me tomorrow to reinstate me and to have a credit card ready. that is the part that gripes me their concern is is get their money instantly with no attempt to build some sort of faith in there company by at least saying put a check in the mail next week and your insured as per this conversation. they said they are giving a 45 day grace period to the affected people but nothing is in writing so they can keep it. in a reality you can not give a company that drops the ball on your valuables a second chance to do it again. i will file a complaint with the Pa insurance commission for violating the law. and go with someone else on monday. anyone who has not received invoices from them beware! there is more to loose than just your car with no insurance.sorry for the long rant but i had to cancel plans to go to the lead east this weekend because of this.

15. Cooder2

Cooder2
    from tejas

I have been with Consumer County Mutual collectors for 9 years. Good service so far but no claims.

16. GARY T.

GARY T.
    from S.W. Pa

[FONT=&quot]I e-mailed them and ask about people not getting renewals,and just who I am insured with and this was their answer

[/FONT]
    [FONT=&quot]Philadelphia is the underwriter on all the policies. They issue the renewals to the customers. About 6 mths ago they upgraded are computer system and there was a lot of problems with renewals being released. They are about 90 percent from correcting the problem.[/FONT]

17. papas34

papas34

I just called around yesterday.

Grundy quoted me $171 a year on my 1st call, then $121 a year later the same day when I called back??????

Hagerty quoted me just a little more than Grundy's 1st quote, but then seemed to have more to offer.....but then they want me to have separate policy on my vintage trailer.

Each state has different requirements for the insurance companies, so we will all have different stories.

18. ....Sounds like different stories even in the SAME state!:)

19. Been with Hagerty for nearly 15 years, with zero problems. I have always found it very curious and suspicious of the claims of premium quotes from Grundy being "half" that of Hagerty, though. I shop around occasionally for insurance, since I am not married to ANY company, to see what's out there. The three times I've checked with Grundy, they were 35 - 40% HIGHER on their quotes than Hagerty. I'll stick with what works.

20. 1949 caddyman

1949 caddyman
    from arizona

I have Grundy. Renued over phone by card. Was given a referance number. Got a letter 45 days later saying my coverage was cancled due to non payment. Called them and they said they were having problems. [no kidding!]. They did make it right and said that Grundy is taking control back from Philly but Philly is still the underwriter.

21. .......and the saga continues.

22. silentpoet

silentpoet
    from NWA

I don't know about the coverage, but his eyebrows are the Chuck Norris of eyebrows.

23. Dakota

Dakota
    from Beulah, ND

This is who i deal with, never had an issue

24. cshades

cshades
    from wi

I have continental western also just make sure you read their policy.I found out the hard way they dont cover mouse damage.I didnt read my policy.

25. I just got my Grundy renewal policy in the mail today. Return address has "GRUNDY WORLDWIDE" in big bold letters on the top line. Underneath in smaller type "A DIVISION OF PHILADELPHIA INSURANCE COMPANIES". What ever that means.

26. GARY T.

GARY T.
    from S.W. Pa

Is Grundy Still my Insurance Agency?

As of October 20, 2011, Philadelphia Insurance (PHLY) has assumed administrative responsibilities of policies previously issued under the name "Grundy Worldwide" in all states except Massachusetts and South Carolina.

In 48 states, PHLY has imposed a "non-compete" on Grundy Insurance at the current time, which prohibits us from writing new Collector-Car-Only policies. We hope that in the future, the non-compete is reversed, rescinded or expired. Until that time, we can insure collector vehicles, but only in conjunction with other policies.

If you want to take advantage of our expertise and legendary service, please check out our two new, breakthrough insurance products. We believe these new programs will evolve to be the future standard of insuring all your vehicles.

27. Just renewed after a letter came that said insurance had lapsed. I let them know I never recieved a renewal and was told that , that has been a promblem as of late. Hopefully all is good from here out.

28. I have Hagerty right now but priced Grundy but the difference wasn't enough to get me to change, especially with all the uncertainty...Tim

29. kbuhagiar

kbuhagiar

I just purchased a Grundy policy in May.

The quality of their customer service has been outstanding. I've never had to wait more than a couple of minutes on hold, and every CS rep I've dealt with has been well-spoken and helpful.

They, too, are somewhat frustrated by the current turmoil and are anxious for things to settle down.

Just my 2 cents...

30. Don's Hot Rods

Don's Hot Rods
    from florida

I mentioned on another thread on this subject that when I called in June to renew my existing policy I could not get through to a human being there. Kept getting voice mail box that said "Full." I finally got another dept and they promised to have the appropriate people call me back, no one did, so I called them a couple of days later and asked for a Supervisor.

Lady came on and was very apologetic and said that since Grundy took back the insurance they found out Phiadelphia had not sent out any renewal forms to people for at least all the month of May, so now Grundy was being flooded with calls. She said they normally handle 600 a day but are now getting 2,000 calls or more a day.

She took my info and renewed me on the phone. I have never had to use them for a claim, but I feel pretty confident they are ok because of reports, some on here.

Don