Register now to get rid of these ads!

Long time lurker here, finally decided I felt like contributing

Discussion in 'New to the H.A.M.B.? Introduce yourself here!' started by Adran, Jun 15, 2012.

1. Adran

Adran

Well, I've been lurking in the shadows here for a long time now... looking at my profile, apparently since 2010 at least.... Whodathunk. Time flies I guess.

Anyway, a little about me and why I'm here. I'm a youngin', coming up on my 20th here in a few months, and came into possession of this four door 1963 Fairlane a few years back at the end of high school. It was supposed to be my daily driver for a while. Well, that didn't work out so well for a number of reasons, but I hung onto it nonetheless. Payed way too much in retrospect, but I try not to dwell on the past.

Anyway, here's where the HAMB came in and actually changed the path of my life a little bit. See, I was getting kinda disappointed with this car, starting to have second thoughts about its styling, maybe thinking of ditching it for something with two doors and more conventional looks. Right when I was all ready to see her go, I found a thread here on these forums with a bunch of incredible examples of early 60's 4-door Fairlanes, and it just completely changed my mind. Totally turned me around seeing all the potential that was out there. And I've still got those pictures saved if I ever need more inspiration.

IMG_9883.jpg

(Please disregard the crummy aftermarket mirrors and license plate frame. They've long since been done away with.)

So yeah, glad to finally be doing something here other than lurking.

2. AGY mechanic

AGY mechanic

Welcome to the hamb.

3. Welcome to the H.A.M.B from Ga

4. raymay

raymay

Welcome from New York.

5. rustednutz

rustednutz
    from tulsa, ok

Welcome from Oklahoma. Glad you hung on to it. Just driving around in it you won't see very many more like it.

6. Welcome from Susan & Larry in the MO. ;)zarks Nothing wrong with moredoors

7. SaltCoupe

SaltCoupe
    from Indiana

Welcome to the H.A.M.B.