Register now to get rid of these ads!

Hot Rods 1941-8 ford dual exhaust routing?

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by Tim, Jun 13, 2012.

1. Tim

Tim
    from KCMO

Hey guys,

Crawling out from under my 46 I can't help but wonder how you all are running dual exhaust on the drivers side of things. Between the X member, mc, pedals, and steering it's more then a little tight.

Anyone have any photos of how they made it fit? Doesn't really matter what motor at this point just as long as it runs down the left side :)

Thanx in advance
    Timm

2. Tim

Tim
    from KCMO

3. millersgarage

millersgarage

4. ml68nova

ml68nova

I said screw it, Fenderwell headers and sidepipes.

5. Tim

Tim
    from KCMO

that does help a fair bit millersgarage, thanx.

anybody with a stock front end want to speak up? curious about the steering etc

6. Tim

Tim
    from KCMO

Checked out a few at a show this evening but they mostly had the mc on the firewall so that gets rid of some of the squigling I'm going to have to deal with.

Anybody else out there have photos?

7. badlefihand

badlefihand

Guys got one on ebay shows duel exhaust and pipes.Good pics 46 deluxe. item # 170856738355. may help some.

8. fordor41

fordor41

Flatty or OHV? I bough a couple mandral bent tubes from Speedway. Cut small curved sections and welded them together until I got past the M/C. Then had a muffler shop run the pipe thru the frame, over the rear end and out. Just make sure all pedal linkages clear the pipe.
    Had to do a bit of jogging with my SBF/C-4

9. Tim

Tim
    from KCMO

OHV and my brake lines and etc all run on the inside of the drivers frame rail with the proportioning valve right were that pipe wants to be to run threw the frame. Guess I could have had some more for thought on that placement but it's cramped and I took whatever space I could :p

I'm thinking at this point I'll just have to box o' bends jog a head pipe around and then either run the drivers side under the frame instead of threw it or just make a Y pipe and run a single on the passenger side threw the frame like stock

10. fordor41

fordor41

My buddy ran the left pipe around the front of the engine and both down the right side. It was a Mopar truck/engine. I couldn't find the room on my '41. I believe mine is jogged toward the center around the M/C, then out to the left side frame rail. It's tight. If too close to the brake system install some metal heatshields in the exhaust like newer cars have.

11. I though I have more pics, I can get more friday night if you want to wait. But I do have this one.

Attached Files:

12. punisher7

punisher7

You could do like the previous owner of my 47 and take a torch and just cut the piss outta the x member. Then you can run the exhaust quite easily..