Register now to get rid of these ads!

New Johnny Cash Movie

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by GRSMNKYCUSTOMS, Jul 24, 2005.

1. GRSMNKYCUSTOMS

GRSMNKYCUSTOMS
    from TUCSON

I dont know if its already been discussed already but i just watched a 20 minute trailor for the new johnny cash movie starring Joaqine Pheonix (as johnny cash) and Reese Witherspoon (as June carter Cash)..all i can say is WOW!!!!!

I DONT THINK EVER IN MY LIFE HAVE I ANTICIPATED A MOVIE SO MUCH

i cant really stand reese witherspoon but she does a great job as june. and Juaquine Phoenix although doesnt look exactly like johnny , has the man in black exact movements and characteristics and sounds just like him ..perfectly.... he had to have studied johnny cash for years to prep for this

its called walk the line it supposed to be out soon i will search for a trailor online and put the link up.

i saw the 20 min. trailor at a theater, where the managers screen whats up and coming...so to see this on the big screen was very intense

just thought id share this with all you Johnny Cash fans

2. Sounds pretty cool to me too. Reese Witherspoon as June? Having a hard time picturing that, but we'll see.

Did you know you can sing the words to Pinball Wizard to the tune of Folsom Prison Blues? Then again, why would you want to?

3. kennedy

kennedy
    from TN

My dads shop restored the maroon 36 roadster in it. I beleive its at the very beginnig driving threw some cotton fields and a young johnny see's it while picking cotton and says hes goin to have a car like it someday.

4. GRSMNKYCUSTOMS

GRSMNKYCUSTOMS
    from TUCSON

well heres the first trailer i found, i actually havent seen this link's trailer, im in such a rush to get this out for you guysYahoo! Movies - Walk the Line

Attached Files:

5. TxRat

TxRat

Awesome man. I cant wait. I guess now all the harry potter and star wars fans can laugh at me. I'll be the FIRST in line for this!!!!!!!!!!!

6. J.B.

J.B.
    from Sweden

Fabulous !
    Spreading the TRUE gospel of Johnny Cash - Tennessee Drifters

7. BenD

BenD
    Alliance Member

My boys too, once we know what it is rated, but Ben and I for sure. Release date is Nov. 2005, and look at the credits for other interesting people in the movie- Waylon's boy plays Waylon and Johnny's boy plays a character (Bob Neal).

Missy

8. JamesG

JamesG

It has been.

9. mikey1610

mikey1610
    from San Diego

Here is a link for the prieview. [font=arial,helvetica,sans-serif][size=-1]Joaquin Phoenix learned to play the guitar and sing for this movie, he does a pretty good job too.

http://movies.yahoo.com/feature/walktheline.html
    [/size][/font]

10. LoBrow

LoBrow
    from MI

Awesome news! Thanks for the heads up.

11. GRSMNKYCUSTOMS

GRSMNKYCUSTOMS
    from TUCSON

thats neat that they got the kids to play in it too, man am i exicted...:D

12. OH MY GOD!!!! Thanks for the trailer link man. If I never see but one more movie in my entire life, this will be the one.

13. labelkills

labelkills

Kick ass! This movie will be sweet

Hey I hear Hank III is gonna be in Phoenix again on I think the 31st for anyone who cares.
    If you guys havent been to one of his shows I recommend it.

14. Damm........

About time!

Just gotta wait till November now...... :(

15. 2xcrash

2xcrash

:cool: I'm getting my camping gear and headed out to hollywood. If starwars geeks can do it so can I... opps I forgot, I got a life.... This looks good

16. blue collar guy

blue collar guy

17. yorgatron

yorgatron
    Member Emeritus

18. No kidding, super glad to see a home town boy get the part.

19. marq

marq

i love johnny cash ,he sang the blues in a different way to any country or black blues artist.He made me sad he made me happy and still does ,he just seemed to know exactly what words to put in a line to make you feel.He done a great job of covering the nine inch nails song so much so i think it was better than the original.The last video he did with his wife was so painful and sad i cried, 'they both knew they were dying 'and would only meet again in the afterlife, but still put the energy together to do that one last song for the fans as money didnt matter one jot to them.The man in black and his wife rules and i will always put johnny at the top of my list with Roy orbison above Elvis.'i'm gonna follow you big river until the day i die'....................Marq

20. SpeedRacer2002

SpeedRacer2002

did anyone else get a warm fuzzy feeling watching that trailer???

21. SuperFleye

SuperFleye
    Alliance Vendor

Hell yeah...... hardly can't wait......
    man...it will probably not come to norway before next year or something:mad:

22. drhotrodmd

drhotrodmd

I might enjoy this better then some of the bad life story Elvis movies they made.

23. trey

trey

my computer at work is filter to block this, and it sucks. my computer at home is too slow to play it, and that sucks. damnit, id like to see the trailer for it.

trey

24. TNsportster

TNsportster

Gave me a warm, fuzzy feeling!

25. jimmyfromhell

jimmyfromhell

I'm in the same boat, my work computer sucks ass, but I'll have to remember to check it out at home tonite.

26. We were just talking about this the other night and can't wait for it to come out down here. Problem is, looks like we'll be waiting for a while! :(

As we were driving around the US on our honeymoon my wife was reading Johnny's autobiography and quite often she'd read bits out to me. He sure led an amazing life and was a truly brilliant songwriter and performer.

One of my favourites also. His voice was unique, brilliant and imperfect, which made it perfect for what he sang.

27. toledobill

toledobill

Listening to the latest "I've been everywhere" commercial last weekend, I said to the collected relatives, "God, I miss Johnny Cash". They looked at me like "sure, we all do, why are you saying that right now?"
    Does anybody today really know how much that guy contributed to, or MADE our music and our culture?

28. His imperfect voice carried every emotion known to man, without even trying. His lack of range and frequent flawed notes made him the hero of the everyday working joe, and his songs spoke poetry to that joe, stuck in a shit job for all his life. He was neither country nor rockabilly, nor folk or blues, but an amalgam of all those.
    He was/is my hero, along with Bill Haley & the Comets, and Sun Studios-era Presley.

29. GamblinAJ

GamblinAJ
    from Corona Ca

I can't wait till this comes out.....As everyone has stated, makes ya feel like a Star Wars geek anticipating a movie.:eek:

30. I am so very excited.... There is a Johnny Cash Musical coming to San Fran in the fall, that will be interesting