Register now to get rid of these ads!

History Hey you Aussies!! Show me your survivors!!!

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by Evel, May 26, 2012.

1. Evel

Evel
    1. 60s Show Rods

So it looks like i'll be heading out to Australia in October for the chopped show thanks to Ryan and Kyle Ford for sending me out!!!..

I'm hoping to hang around just long enough to get kicked out of the country.. But in the mean time I'm looking for some kick ass survivors to shoot...as well as some chaos surrounding the show.. So who knows of some good stuff that no one has seen yet?

Lets talk about it.

Not looking for 70's 80's survivors.. Pre- 65 era Hot rods and Kustoms please..

Thanks
    Piero

2. A trip to Oz wouldn't be complete without filming Swifty's T

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

or the ex Darryl Harvey roadster. Was featured in Rod & Custom in 1961.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

3. Mark in Japan

Mark in Japan

Most of the cool unseen original stuff is in the Ford family's farm ......

Castlemaine is a pretty special part of the world in general.

It would be great filming at Joey Pirotta's - a real survivor in person, let alone his surviving cars and photo collection around his workshop!!!

4. What about that green flaked T bucket a guy from the Spades owns?? Anyone got a pic of that? That car rules.
    Ben @ Rancho Deluxe just finished a survivor pick up, posted on here a few times.

5. lowsquire

lowsquire
    from Austin, TX

I talked to you about this one Piero, its not an Aussie survivor,its a so cal one.but still..

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

6. Evel

Evel
    1. 60s Show Rods

Yeah this stuff is good!! I'm down to film all this stuff!!!

Where are all these cars in relation to the show???

7. 1 1/2 hours drive, unless you want to go to other states.......then its time to remember Australia is only a tiny bit smaller then the USA :)

8. Royalshifter

Royalshifter
    from California

Those guys know how to party it is a wonder there are survivors? Oh shit sorry Piero you are talking cars.

9. captainjunk#2

captainjunk#2

that black T bucket is beautiful , nice car

10. HOTFR8

HOTFR8

Make sure you spend some time in Castlemaine before or after if you are going to be at the Chopped event.

11. flatoz

flatoz

Finding true survivors in Australia is going to be difficult, we didn't have the number of cars here so a lot of the rods from back in the day have gone through 3 or 4 itinerations.

I know of a few cars that were 'famous' back in the day, but now they are unrecognisable as those cars. There are still a few around, but they are scattered. There are a couple in Perth, but again, it comes down to your time schedule and $$

( bottom photo dstaig's )

[​IMG]

Attached Files:

12. 63Compact

63Compact

13. striper

striper

That truck looks great Ben. Martin just told me it was done and looking good. Congrats.

14. Evel

Evel
    1. 60s Show Rods

That thing rules!!!

Thanks Flatoz for the in hell I would be happy even with those few that have been posted...not sure how much time i'm gonna spend out there but at least a week and half...

I'm sure i'll have plenty to film... :D

Ben I love that truck, the 34 and Swifty's T !!! all kick ass!

15. alky

alky

How about this car it was bulit in 1961 by my dad and recently put back on the road (but now has a 351c )
    Martin

Attached Files:

16. Dago 88

Dago 88
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

How about these two, built in the mid sixties.

Attached Files:

17. Dago, have you got the info of the owners of those coupes? Do you think they would come down for the RCCRC run? Worth a nomination for an invite?

I am trying to uncover a pic of Vic O'neils T bucket in its current state. I am going over to Col's to get a copy of the orig article on it. May have to call Vic directly about the pic and also see if it worth a nomination for the RCCRC run.

18. Morgan91

Morgan91
    from Australia

You won't be disappointed at chopped. It's always the best weekend of the year!

19. austlinc

austlinc
    from Australia

Your best bet will be the hotrod clubs from Castlemaine and Bendigo, only 1/2hr from the Chopped event and have some great history. The Jadis club from Bendigo still has some original members from the 60's in it.
    I will make some calls in the morning.
    You should pop into Rod Hadfields place in Castlemaine while your there.
    It looks like I have an end date for my Deckson Dasher mini drag bike build now..... Cheers Angelo

[​IMG]

20. We'll make sure we're all extra stupid at Chopped this year then... :)

21. Dago 88

Dago 88
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

The black coupe is owned by Lynne Arrowsmith. It was on the cover of Custom Rodder in 1967 , it was blue & unchopped at the time. The blue coupe is owned by Joe Formoser, it was origionaly built by Greg Siegel in '67 or '68. I will talk to them about your invite.
    Is the Vic Oniel bucket you seek a metal flake green Dodge with a "Y" block ? If it is, I have pic's of it. It was built by Laurie Beard in Sydney in '67 or '68.
    Thanks Charlie.

22. That would be good if you could mention it to them.
    Yep, thats the bucket. Can you post your pics?

23. Dago 88

Dago 88
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

Hey Fly, sorry this is the best I can do. The cover is missing of this magazine so I scanned the feature, & I also found an old b&w photo from the 1968 Roselands Hot Rod Show. Hope this helps.
    Cheers Charlie.

Attached Files:

24. Thanks Dago, those pics do the car no justice!

You like Piero? Trust me, in the flesh this thing will kill you!

25. Gareth

Gareth
    from San Diego

This is the bucket Human Fly was talking about. The same guy also owns the red channelled roadster. Also an old aussie car. These and the Ex Darryl Harvey 34 also pictured are all owned by members of the 'Spades' I believe (correct me if i'm wrong) and are in the Melbourne area Piero.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Pics courtesy of 'Mr Model A' and 'JimmyB'

Last edited: Jun 6, 2012
  26. Evel

Evel
    1. 60s Show Rods

Look forward to seeing these cars in person.. I'l be in town from the 3rd to the 11th and would like to shoot what I can at the show but if theres something else that I should see or shoot i'll try to make time for it..

Come by the booth or hit me up when you see me and will talk about it...

See you guys soon!

27. Evel

Evel
    1. 60s Show Rods

Look forward to seeing these cars in person.. I'l be in town from the 3rd to the 11th and would like to shoot what I can at the show but if theres something else that I should see or shoot i'll try to make time for it..

Come by the booth or hit me up when you see me and will talk about it...

See you guys soon!

28. The bucket does not get out all that much and I doubt it will be at Chopped, thats why I was trying to hook it up for you outside the show, but you never got back to me..........so I didnt hook it up.

29. Evel

Evel
    1. 60s Show Rods

Sorry dude.. I would love to get that car still if possible..

Posted from the TJJ App for iPhone & iPad