Register now to get rid of these ads!

38 Pontiac Coupe

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by arbs1976, Jun 5, 2012.

1. arbs1976

arbs1976

Dug this project out to get it running and driving, but keep it looking as is. The last time this car was driven was in 1976 by my mother when she was pregnant with me. Can't wait to get to working on it. With that said does anyone know of a place to look for parts such as fuel pumps , belts , hoses etc. you know all the stuff that goes bad over time just sitting rotting away.

Attached Files:

2. Nice ride! Try the Filing Station. They have lots of older GM parts. Good luck with the car.

3. goose-em

goose-em
    from Louisiana

california pontiac restoration will have all that you need.

4. 70kid

70kid
    from Denver

Oh Wow, what a beatiful car that is, try here for parts
    http://www.kanter.com/
    Good luck on getting her runnin!

5. lvlynyrd

lvlynyrd
    from Las Vegas

Might wanna join the Buick Club of america also. The monthly Bugle has a lot of adds for OEM and stock parts.

6. what a sweety! i also ordered the entire axle- and brake stuff at kanters, great guys, very patient even on the phone with me stupid german. since last year they offer rubberware for our cars in complete kits! i'm gonna order mine in a few weeks as soon as the money is okey. California Pontiac Restoration (calponres at ebay) is a nice source for nos-parts,nice guys, too! is it a six or eight? ;)

greets, Carsten

7. arbs1976

arbs1976

Awesome! Thanks so much guys! I worked on it all last night and briefly tried to start it up. Need to check spark fuel etc. because it didn't sound like it wanted to awaken from it's 36year coma. Perhaps today is the day! Only time will tell. Cheers!

8. 55chieftain

55chieftain

Nice looking Pontiac. I had an extra 55 Pontiac I bought that sat for many years. Once I figured out the points were stuck together and a new coil and some fresh gas it fired up. Take out the plugs and put a little oil in the cylinders so you don't run it dry when it does fire. For the flathead 6 I had in my 41, I just went to carquest and bought a universal set of plug wires, some of that stuff you can get local..