Register now to get rid of these ads!

carb runing and fuel line questions

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by onetruth1130, May 28, 2012.

1. onetruth1130

onetruth1130

hi everyone, and happy memorial day! i have 2 questions, i installed dual rochester 1 barrel carbs on my 235 engine, i was wondering what was the right way of tuning them to run as they should. i did the dual carb install on an offenhauser intake and i did the split header setup. just wanted to get this bad boy runnin right. second question, is it ok to use teflon tape on fuel line fittings. seems as though the lines goin directly into the carbs are leaking eventho i used teflon tape. perhaps its not designed for fuel, sooo is there another product like teflon tape but made for fuel so it wont desolve and cause leaks. unless, i just installed it incorrectly...any advice is truly appreciated!!

2. aaggie

aaggie

Not a good idea to use Teflon tape on either fuel or brake fittings. Fuel proof pipe joint compound is reccommended for fuel fittings, a little goes a long way.

3. JohnEvans

JohnEvans
    from Phoenix AZ

Use a "Uni-syn" to get the carbs pulling equally. If fittings into carb body it's self are pipe thread sealer is not normaly used as they are designed with a taper to self seal.

4. cicciobilly

cicciobilly
    from italy

I'm doing the same setup on my car... looking at pictures on different websites I saw that sometimes the vacuum advance line and the choke are connected just to one carb... what do you guys think about this? onetruth, sorry to hijack your topic, but this question seems to work fine with yours!

5. onetruth1130

onetruth1130

Hah that's fine! Yea I run my vacuum advance on the front carb and the choke setup on the rear carb. Not sure if that's ok, but I don't see why not. I guess aslong as the carb without the vacuum line is plugged.