Register now to get rid of these ads!

tri-5 chevy stash, i wish they were mine.

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by gilby's garage, Jun 1, 2012.

1. gilby's garage

gilby's garage

i've been keeping my eyes on this stash for a number of years, these cars are sitting on a farm that is a registered california landmark. no one has access to these car, trust me i have tried many times and the foundation just says no way. there is only one spot on the side of a hill that you can see these from and now that rock is becoming overgrown with bushes... i guess well have to wait for the next california wild fires to clear the brush befor i can take more photos, these pictures are about 6 years old,
    enjoy.

Attached Files:

2. raidmagic

raidmagic

Damn I hate to see that, there is a perfectly good Jeep Cherokee going to waste. :D

3. Model T1

Model T1

You guys from Florida are strange. Who cares about a stinking Jeep? Look at those nice 55-57 Chevys rusting away!:(

4. slowmotion

slowmotion

Lawd have mussy!!!....it's the Promised Land!!!!! :eek:

5. gilby's garage

gilby's garage

i wish i could get close enough to take better photos..

6. junk yard kid

junk yard kid

yall can have them 57 chevys ill take what looks like a convertable olds. Or that flatbed.

7. gilby's garage

gilby's garage

ok deal, you dig them out and i'll take them off your hands...

8. ernest t bass

ernest t bass
    from Iowa

I'll take that nomad. I can use it to pull my hondo.

9. I'm with you!!!!!
    I want the Nomad!

10. BOWTIE BROWN

BOWTIE BROWN

X200 on the NOMAD .Wildfire ????? DAMN THERE GOES THE WIRING.
    B.B.

11. Fleetside

Fleetside

Unbelievable how some people will just let things of value just sit and rot like that. Plus they are sitting on a pile of money there, you would think that might motivate them a little.

12. lawman

lawman

They are sittin on YOUR tax money.That's
    Al Gore and your fellow "Tree Hugger's" !!!!

13. raidmagic

raidmagic

Calm down it was a joke...notice the smilie guy? Geeze

14. MrGasser

MrGasser
    from DETROIT

I see TWO Nomads!!

15. Model T1

Model T1

I figured it was. Notice where I'm from! Let's go over there to Californification and drag some of those cars home before they end up at the scrapper.:)!

16. CutawayAl

CutawayAl
    from MI

Why is that? I assume the cars are not of historical significance to the site. If anything they would be detracting from whatever the place is. Because of lubricants, fuel, coolant, and assorted other chemicals, old cars are usually considered to be contamination or potential contamination. More places than not have laws preventing a person from having a bunch of cars sitting around outside, even when it's having absolutely no effect on anyone else.

17. You are right! That makes me even sicker (more sick?). There was a sweet '57 down the street from my grandmothers when I was a kid. I would stand there and drool all over it when ever I went over there. Old man wouldn't sell it, I think it was his kid's that never came back from Vietnam. Really sad, the car sit there for years and years. Never found out what happened to it when the old man died.

18. The 56 Conv is a dream car of mine.. looks like a 57 Conv in front of the wht 57H.T

19. Liken the '56 Crown Vic.

20. hkestes

hkestes

I would imagine that the tree huggers do not want all those "old junk cars" on the road burning all the fossil fuels and polluting the air in the People's Republic of California. Now if they were a bunch of Priuses or Leefs that would be a different story.

21. RagtopBuick66

RagtopBuick66

What is THIS one?!? Hard to make out through the trees, but I've got dibs on it!

Attached Files:

22. Looks like a 50's Mercedes convertible maybe?

23. I agree, I think you are right.

24. RagtopBuick66

RagtopBuick66

OK, I could TOTALLY see hot rodding a 50s Benz just for the IRONY of it. We had only a few years prior finished wiping the European countryside clean of German advances, how more fitting than to "Americanize" a German made car of the era? I'd be all over that.

25. devilleish

devilleish

Looks like a '55 from the parking lights.

26. Oh, heck yea, I would do it in a heartbeat.

27. gilby's garage

gilby's garage

Well I wish I can give you a little more info of where this stash of cars is but you SFV people would be able to figure it out with ease,

I did a lot more checking and found out there still is a private residence on this ranch. A little Google search got me even closer than before. Here is the awesome part, I can get there and back within my 1 hour lunch break, I now know where the gate is, I found the farm house and barns, now I just need to find a way in. the ranch was given to Los Angeles back in 1987 and the residence is the grandkids of the original owners of the ranch dating back to the 1800&#8217;s<O:p></O:p>
    <O:p></O:p>
    I really don&#8217;t want to spill the beans manly I want to protect their privacy as well as my leads on the cars, besides that granny may be sitting on the porch swing with her double barrel 12 gage just waiting for a chance to pick off some varmints. <O:p></O:p>
    Send me a PM and maybe I&#8217;ll give you a hint. <O:p></O:p>
    Cheers, Rod! <O:p></O:p>

Attached Files:

28. low budget

low budget
    from Central Ky

Usually the only time you see a pile of desirable cars like that is because they wont sell any,at least not cheap or affordably,If they would, they wouldnt have collected and kept that many to start with.

Being a car guy you hafta ask but I bet you could find one everyday (these days) just as cheap or cheaper thats actually openly for sale on the ole puter,If they think they have the only ones left on earth:D

29. fts55

fts55
    from guthrie ok

bump for info

30. TheDozer

TheDozer

Sickening is right! My dream car is a 55 shoe! (2 door, 150, 210, bel air) I've wanted one all my life.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk