Register now to get rid of these ads!

another 'hello from Ohio'

Discussion in 'New to the H.A.M.B.? Introduce yourself here!' started by Rindy, May 28, 2012.

1. Rindy

Rindy
    from 43351

Name is Rindy - live in north central Ohio. My project is a '54 Stude hardtop, a former c/gas car originally built between '58 & '61. I've owned it since 1968. I watched this car going together as a bicycle-riding kid.
    I worked as a tool & die maker since 1966, worked for GM from '83 until I retired in '09 due to GM announcing they were closing my plant. Not my plan, but that's life. Money's tight but ya just have to prioritize.
    Really dig the traditional rods/customs... done the ol' school way. Not into billet & electronically-assisted everything. :mad:
    That's it for now. :D

2. Sumfuncomet

Sumfuncomet

Love the 54...... Sounds like a cool project with some personal history. What kind of drivetrain, paint etc ya have planned? Any pics?

3. welcome from hamilton ohio love 54 studes the BEST of the breed

4. dniemi

dniemi

Welcome from Ontario

5. "T'RANTULA"

"T'RANTULA"
    from Ohio

Welcome to the hamb

6. Welcome to the H.A.M.B

7. SaltCoupe

SaltCoupe
    from Indiana

Welcome to the H.A.M.B.

8. tommyd

tommyd
    from South Indy

Welcome from Indy. Loved the old Ohio gassers. Spent a lot of time at Edgewater and Tri State watching them.

9. Rindy

Rindy
    from 43351

The plan for the '54 Stude is a restoration to how it was in '61 (an NHRA c/gas car). When I got it in '68 the drive train was missing, except for the '61 Corvette rear end. Plans call for a 301" Chevy, T-10 4-speed, Hilborn Injection, fenderwell headers (the originals were home-built), etc. American Torq -Thrust mags, M&H slicks. I rode in this thing (with open headers) as a 14-year-old kid and it was one of the best highs I have ever experienced! It will be painted the original Stude. cream (top) and something close to Honduras Maroon below. It will be painted by the SAME GUY who did the bodywork & paint on the car in '60 & '61!

Attached Files:

Last edited: May 29, 2012