Register now to get rid of these ads!

You know I just don’t show off My Max Wedge enough, enjoy!

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by gilby's garage, May 17, 2012.

1. philo426

philo426

Yep! it rocks! [​IMG]

2. imanut

imanut

That's a very sweet car. My uncle bought one new with the super stock 426 & cross ram. Love listening to the stories about that car.

Attached Files:

3. DAMN !! What a story.

YOU Sir, MUST LIVE RIGHT !!

Whilst driving in LA is risky, I say take it to the track at least once and MASH the throttle....thats what it was built for !!

Awesome car/story

Rat

4. GassersGarage

GassersGarage

I gave my buddy a drill press and took it to his house. He opened his garage and I saw a car underneath a cover, sitting in the corner. I said, "Hey, that's a Corvette!". He pulls the cover off and it's a '63 split window. I said, "When to buy that?'. He said he bought it new in '63. The car looked showroom condition, so I asked how many miles. He said it had 125K and he still drives it. I told him good for you!

There was a car for sale on another site, I was trying to buy. It was a '38 Gasser, which started as a magazine project. The owner asked what I was going to do with it. I told him I was going to drive it on the street. I don't think he wanted to sell it to me after that. Last I saw, it was in a museum.

I with you Don, I can't have a car I'm unwilling to drive. :D

5. Oh, be still, my freakin' heart! God, I love it.

6. Shane Spencer

Shane Spencer

Cool car with an awesome story behind. Congrats

7. RagtopBuick66

RagtopBuick66

I recently made a friend who has been a MOPAR "hoarder" for the past 45 years. In (one of) his warehouse workshops, amongst rows of V10s and old Hemis, sits an original black 1967 Barracuda Formula S 383, up on jack stands, engine pulled, rear axle removed, some body panels cut out for repair but never finished, mint interior... and the whole damn thing covered in a thick layer of dust. I was awestruck. I asked why he hasn't (obviously) worked on it in so long, and he said even if he did ever finish it he would never drive it because it was worth too much. I just can't understand logic like that. I guess that car will sit in its state of disrepair for all eternity.

8. You are one lucky man! Damn cool car, enjoy it and DRIVE it.

9. KustomCars

KustomCars
    from Minnesota

10. gilby's garage

gilby's garage

vroom-vroom!

11. Wow, just wow man - not only did you find an original maxie, but an aluminum nose maxie! And in such great condition! Just wow! Never tubbed, no cage, just freaking wow!