Register now to get rid of these ads!

Hi everyone

Discussion in 'New to the H.A.M.B.? Introduce yourself here!' started by jesdude, May 14, 2012.

1. jesdude

jesdude

First of all, I'm glad there is a cool place like this to come and ask questions, get cool ideas for my own project, and hopefully one day be able to pass on my new knowledge to others!

I've looked at the hamb before but never needed to subscribe until I bought my 1953 chevy 210 2 door club coupe back in february. It's a great body style and I hope to turn it into a rat rod cruiser that I can drive to Austin and back without a problem. and I've always had trucks for my daily driver and I want a change of pace!

Right off the bat, there is no engine or transmission. It has what I believe was a popular front seat swap with a 60s impala, and the floors are rotted out. It has the factory torque tube rearend, gauges, what I believe is the factory rear seat frame with springs (all rusty of course), all the glass was busted out by bored kids(grrr) a long time ago except for the vent glass, passenger door glass, right rear quarter glass. I don't know how to show y'all pictures on here so If someone could tell me how to do that I would appreciate it! I tried the attachment loader below with small .pdf picture files but it wouldn't let me load them for some reason. said invalid link specified?

Thanks

2. tommyd

tommyd
    from South Indy

welcome from Indy. Read a little more about the HAMB and R..Rods.;)

3. mikeallcars

mikeallcars

Welcome from Tennessee ,be careful with the r.. rod term;):eek:

4. SaltCoupe

SaltCoupe
    from Indiana

Welcome to the H.A.M.B. Please don't say the "R" word again! And do you really live in a place called friendswood?

5. KustomCars

KustomCars
    from Minnesota

Welcome from Minnesota!

6. jesdude

jesdude

Arrgh!! sorry! people at the shows around here seem to use the term more often than they should so it kinda slipped out :( Thanks for the welcome guys. I do have a couple of questions though if someone would be willing to help me out? I bought an engine for my project and it should be a 250 inline 6. the guy i got it from pulled it out of a 1963 chevy truck. i wanted to figure out what the engine was installed in from the factory though and hoped someone might know? the castings on it starting from the back end going forward are CON2 A161 (JAN 16TH, 1971) 3994257 GM 61 and then the pad by the distributor has this number F0323TCL. the intake has the number 3923418 also. i'm not sure about the cylinder head number..do you have to take off the valve cover to see it? this should be good for swapping into my '53 without many modifications correct? the carburetor is a Rochester Monojet with the numbers 7041021 on it. What do y'all recommend for intake and carbs? I like the idea of dual 1 bbl or dual 2bb intake to get the more even fuel distribution but i've seen the 1x4 bbl intake with the holley carb on it. would that be just as beneficial? i would like to get the motor running but swap some stuff out to make it more reliable and responsive like the distributor and then some day down the road i might rebuild it for more power. i would like to eventually make it produce a hp per cube.

7. 32-3 WINDOW

32-3 WINDOW
    from utah

welcome from utah

8. Welcome to the H.A.M.B

9. forty7ford

forty7ford
    from Iowa

Welcome from Iowa