Register now to get rid of these ads!

Jag rear end identification ?

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by '49 Ford Coupe, May 21, 2012.

1. Hey, guys, Need help identifying my Jag setup. I have the rear end broken down now, and need to order the disk/pads/caliper rebuild kit, but since I don't know exactly what the thing came from, I can't order till I have confirmation of what the heck it is..

So here goes..
    herethe 's what's in casting on the bottom..."CO4HU004032" then under that is "+GF+L".
    and the tag (there is only one) indicates 2.88 ratio.. there is a stamping in the machined surface next to the cover the appears to be an "L" above an "E" and what looks like "2" and "5". There is also an "86" above the "2" and "5"... so I guess it's an '86 ???? The flange to flange dimension is 61" (or 60.75?)

Thanks fellas.........

Paul

PS... it appears that photobucket has LOST MY FRIGGIN ACCOUNT along with a couple of hundred pictures in a number of albums....GRRRRRRRR

2. Aw, hell, never mind.. guess everybody is too busy posting pictures of old rods..

3. 383 240z

383 240z

BPI Parts Hotline: 1-800-231-6563 Give these guys a call, they were AWESOME in helping me when I was restoring a XKE for a guy a few years ago. Keith

4. Weasel

Weasel

Curt Hamilton @ Hamilton Automotive Industries 15824 Stagg Street, Van Nuys CA 91406 - he's been doing nothing but these for over 40 years. 818 787-9695

5. THANKS.. I talked to him for a good two hours the other afternoon... THAT guy is a dang TRIP ! ! AND, at 77, he knows EVERYTHING about Jag rear ends...

6. warrjon

warrjon

The diff is a GKN Sailsbury 4HU the disks are different to the Dana, easiest way to identify - is the GKN has a drain plug in the bottom and the Dana does not. Pads and calipers are the same