Register now to get rid of these ads!

Who is spending Memorial weekend Thrashing on their cars 2012

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by carcrazyjohn, May 26, 2012.

1. carcrazyjohn

carcrazyjohn
    from trevose pa

Who is spending Memorial weekend Thrashing on their cars 2012 Ill shoot some pics soon.Ive got the motor in ebay pics 1600.jpg Fuel line is ran ..........And Im installing starter and trans lines tomorrow . Just wondering who else out there have some good stories out there,,,,,,,,With pics or without...

2. Yep, Caddy motor out for rebuild after snapping 2 push rods, swapping out the 4 speed for a Tremec TKO while I'm at it.

in between that building my A roadster as well...

3. KJSR

KJSR
    from Utah
    1. Utah HAMBers

Bled my brakes today...does that count? I may get crazy and install my cab mounts!

4. carcrazyjohn

carcrazyjohn
    from trevose pa

Thats cool ,,,I thought I was the only one..........

5. upspirate

upspirate

Installed new locking door handles,knocked the 1932 a/c (cowl vent) loose(and sealed it back up....no room for the handle/mechanism).

Timed ignition and adjusted carb.

Then cruised to H-D to see if they had some SS bolts to replace the standard ones someone put in the steering wheel

Will clean garage out tomorrow to make room for refinishing the bed

6. tommyd

tommyd
    from South Indy

Me too! Swapping out a early 302 and C-4 with a H.O. 302 and AOD. Taking a lot of time because I'm bead blasting all the aluminum pieces and detailing everything. VERY O.C.D. here! Yeah....very sparkly.....K Mart sucks!:p

7. upspirate

upspirate

Going to put it on a friends lift Mon morn to check out the bottom side

8. carcrazyjohn

carcrazyjohn
    from trevose pa

Im even gonna be at it tomorrow ,Ill get pics up over the weekend on this thread////// Post up pics If you can.........

9. Captain Geech

Captain Geech

Friday Did some wiring and rebuilt the carb on the 47 coupe and then tried to start it when the starter was making some bad noise so thought it needed to be shimmed i realized that theres no ground strap from engine to frame so i since i didnt want to spend my weekend being frustrated i went to visit my great friend B Chrismer and his 40 ford stake bed pickup at the NSRA nats today,needless to say i had alot more fun today then yesterday

10. old soul

old soul
    from oswego NY

I tore apart my wheel cylinders for my 50 chev and cleaned them. Then went to a kick ass car show and swap meet and got rebuild kits. does that count??

11. HomemadeHardtop57

HomemadeHardtop57

I'm in too... Finishing up some things so I can yank the body off my project

12. jcapps

jcapps
    from SoCal

Worked on my coupe and some tools for my shop. My bud came over and worked on my new shifter knob. This guy is an artist on a mill or lathe

13. Chopped 66 Bug

Chopped 66 Bug

I plan to. Tomorrow I hope to finish wet sanding my hood and put a few coats of paint on it. May pull the rear fenders off and work on the wiring some more too. I need to install a 3rd tail light ( brake) in the back window. Hope it will give me a bit of insurance from dumb asses on their phone!

Mike

14. timmy25252

timmy25252

Put in a 12 hour shift getting it back together on Saturday, Many more hours to come on Sunday and Monday.

[​IMG]

15. Jokester

Jokester

Replaced the master cylinder, booster, prop valve, and added residual pressure valves today. Also re-ran most of the steel lines. Thought I was the only one staying home.

.bjb

16. Humboldt Cat

Humboldt Cat
    from Eureka, CA

Just got home from a bud's fabbing front air bag mounts for an A-arm setup, will got to the other bud's tomorrow to assemble Olds motor #2, will hopefully be droppin in motor into my 57 F100, along with fitting and wiring in the new front 'bags system, Monday. Devoting Memorial Weekend to my project each year: old habit. Finding friends who can commit and follow through: another story entirely.

17. Patrick46

Patrick46

Other then spending a few hours fishing with my son...I'll be burried elbow deep in my truck all weekend.

...(there may be a few beers consumed durring this highly delicate operation!) :D

18. forty7ford

forty7ford
    from Iowa

I will be working out some details on my 47 Ford that I'm chopping.

19. Mr cheater

Mr cheater

I'm off all week going to try and make this more of a car. Got the wishbones tacked up today tomorrow I will start on the steering and then try to make some headers.

Attached Files:

20. Me!

I'm running Thompson next week. Leaving Thursday morning and I've still got a lot of work to do on my car, truck (tow vehicle) and golf cart. I'll be workin' my ass off this weekend but hope to have fun next weekend.

21. mwhistle

mwhistle
    from sacramento

Put my model A body on a different frame over the winter. Still working on the various systems to get car running again. Today, I finished most of the wiring. Will work on gas tank installation tomorrow.

22. Doing light maintenance work to get the Roadster ready for 2012 El Mirage event #2 on June 10.

Willi

23. scibjenkins

scibjenkins

24. scibjenkins

scibjenkins

I'm actually undergoing major work... Switching the ol' flattie out for a 350 (don't rip on me too much, I want a driver!) and helping my dad rewire his 40 Ford.

25. c6_rob

c6_rob

Ill be playing in the garage. POR 15 on the frame time[​IMG]

26. Groovybaby6

Groovybaby6
    from Denver

Me, I just spent all day putting together my '32 chassis after everything was painted.

Attached Files:

27. Johnny1290

Johnny1290

Just a little body work...or a lot of bondo work, one of the two!

Attached Files:

28. 48FordFanatic

48FordFanatic
    from Maine

I wouldn't rip on you.....I understand. I have 10,000 plus carefree miles on my coupe with a 350/700R4.

29. Terrible Tom

Terrible Tom

Car shows today and tomorrow, but it looks like they'll get rained out, so doing some odds and ends on the roadster.
    Tom

Attached Files:

• 003.jpg
      003.jpg
      File size:
      516.2 KB
      Views:
  30. ChefMike

ChefMike

Doing body work on my picku bed , taken today off so that my wife and I can go to the red soxs then back at it on Monday