Register now to get rid of these ads!

Road trippin' to Canada to sell a car/buy a truck

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by NEWFISHER, May 25, 2012.

1. NEWFISHER

NEWFISHER
    from Oregon

I have enjoyed reading everyones tales of out of state purchases, so I thought I would document my next one here. Eugene to Bellingham via Victoria Island.

The car is loaded up and leaving tonight after work(6pm) headed to Bellingham Wa. to Sell the wagon and buy a 50' suburban. Headed straight to the ferry dock at Annacortes and sleeping in the wagon for a few hours to catch the one and only ferry at 7am to Sidney B.C. we plan on driving around the Island for a couple days as tourists and then up to Bellingham to sell the wagon and buy a sight un-seen 50 Burb. Tools, jack, visa, AAA cards and a cell phone baby.

Here's the Wag and hopefully, the new Burb
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

2. SHORTDOG

SHORTDOG

Those are both good looking rides, good luck on the deal.

3. Wolfman1

Wolfman1

I'm assuming you mean you're going to Victoria on Vancouver Island
    If so, it's a beautiful place and lots to see, enjoy.
    Those are both great looking rides.

4. jaymann

jaymann

Victoria Island is an island in the Arctic.
    Vancouver Island is home to Victoria BC. :p

if you end up north of Victoria BC, and run into trouble, (I'm in Nanaimo) if I'm around I'll lend a hand. my cell# is 250-619-9152

5. ...and passports if you're planning to enter and leave Canada.

Sounds like a good trip.

6. NEWFISHER

NEWFISHER
    from Oregon

yes, Victoria on Vancouver Island I have just always called it "Victoria" since I was a kid riding the flip and fold seat in the waaay back of dad's wagon. We are taking the passports. Apparently Canada is like a Rotweiller, they let you in but wont let you leave ( unless you have a passport, well it's the U.S. that won't let you back!).

Thanks Jaymann! You never know what will happen with cars 60 yrs old.

7. Dont tell em you are selling the 55 when goin in or you may have to spring for the Canadian SVT,then recoup it from the buyer, I had to do that once.......

8. NEWFISHER

NEWFISHER
    from Oregon

AHHHhh....the power of the HAMB! Thanks for the heads up, I hadn't even thought of that one! ;)

9. This sounds like fun. Good luck with the sight un-seen situation, take lots of pics for us! -H.R.D.-

10. 33 coupe

33 coupe

Love the cars. Just got back Sunday from the same trip. Went up the interstate to Vancover drove around a few days and took the ferry back to Seattle from Victoria, BC. Going up, the customs agent was a dick. Coming back from Victoria via ferry to Port Angles the US cutoms agent was super cool. We talked cars, motorcycles and politics for an hour. Good luck and have a good trip.

11. Gromit

Gromit

I remember an american border guard going stem to stern on my 49 Ford P/U when i was going down for a tank of gas and a cold beer. Not sire what he was looking for, but the dolt had a pen in his hand and accidentally marked my passenger kick panel (they were new...) I was gritting my teeth but he appologized like there was no tomorrow. I think he learned a valuable lesson about not being a tinplated dictator that day. I smiled and told him accidents happen. (could barely see it)

12. NEWFISHER

NEWFISHER
    from Oregon

Got outta the shop late, in a hurry and went to throw some food in our saltwater tank. I must have spooked the 14" lion fish (think duece bigalo haha) whom we have had for 4 years, and he spiked my hand with toxin. A trip to the emergency room for a poisonous fish mishap and we were on the road a little later than I thought
    [​IMG]
    What a start to a road trip. I told my wife there is now way this is getting in our way and I'm sure plenty of people drive 60 yr old cars on oxycodone etc.
    [​IMG]
    Made it the dock first in line. Slept in the back of the wagon (late start) and packed like a sardine behind the motorcycles.
    [​IMG]
    The swelling is starting to go down,still no feeling in my hand. Who need feeling in your hand when you are road tripping?

13. Gromit

Gromit

I love the roof rack!
    Enjoy the journey. Wish i weren't camping today I'd buy you guys a coffee.. or beer.. or both.

14. NEWFISHER

NEWFISHER
    from Oregon

Thanks Gromit! We've been taking "the big bus" tours all day. Great place, will have to come back when we have more time for sure.
    Water taxi on the inner harbour is cool
    [​IMG]
    A moose or a "goose"? Lol
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

Last edited: May 26, 2012
  15. NEWFISHER

NEWFISHER
    from Oregon

[​IMG]

Made it back to the U.S.A today! Drove to Bellingham WA and met the new owner. We all had dinner at a local spot and she opened her doors for us to stay. A great lady getting a great car. She also has a 56 Tbird ,a couple vert beetles and 2 restored Scotty canned hams. I think the wag will fit in just fine.
    [​IMG]
    Here's our new dog hauler
    [​IMG]

16. shoobear

shoobear
    from BC Canada

looks great!!!!
    love road trips!!