Register now to get rid of these ads!

Event Coverage Slick Devils Drive In Movie Car Show

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by Don Moyer, Mar 31, 2012.

1. next year....lets see if we get through this year first! ha! Several members have made trophys for the show. Bill made these.

Attached Files:

2. I don't have a picture of the "Best Paint" award yet that Mark and Steve made but it is pretty damn cool. A spray gun cut in half and mounted to a candied and flamed panel! This trophy was made by littleman and it is an Anglia axle and he mounted our club logo on it!

Attached Files:

3. 00-DIRT

00-DIRT

Those trophies look freakin awesome! I wont be able to make it to the car show this year, I wish you guys the best of luck in packing that place out. I am definitly looking forward to seeing you guys at thompson, the only two times I got to see the rebel reaper last year you were broke, was totally bummed but you did try the wheelie contest at beaver springs and thats what we have deemed the moyer attitude, can wait to see you and the other guys this year.

4. thanks...last year was a bad year, had the breakage bug bad!

5. Littleman

Littleman
    Alliance Member
    from OHIO, USA

Today is the day..................should be fun................littleman

6. Weather is looking good!

7. Wow, what a busy day. IT all went by so fast. The show started slowly. Then it gained momentum and by the end of the day we had over 60 cars on the drive in field. Not bad for a first time event put on by a club that doesent do car shows.....In typical fashion I did not take any pictures. Saw plenty of folks with cameras ( did see 2 magazine guys) as there were as many spectators as cars, thank you all for coming! A TV crew was there and will send out a link for their show as well. A trucking company brought in a flat bed for our stage and it was great for the bands. They all sounded great with the big screen behind them to direct the acoustics! It looked pretty cool to as they all looked like they were on the big screen! Everyone loved the trophy's, thanks Bill, Mark, Steve, and Curly. Thanks to all the Mayfield Drive In and all its employee's you guys did a great job! A big reason we chose to have a show at the drive in was cause it just made sense. Cars and Drive Inn's go together. In our fever that is the automobile, we seem to have forgotten the Drive Inn....Missed our show? If the drive in in your area is still there, grab some friends and go see a movie in an old car! Don't know where to find a drive in? go here:

http://www.driveinmovie.com/mainmenu.htm

8. Gasser57

Gasser57

I was fortunate enough to have my car in the show AND play on stage, so it was twice as fun! Great job! We look forward to next year. This is one of those shows that's going to get big, fast!

9. Cam VanDerHorst

Cam VanDerHorst

Gasser57, you guys put on a hell of a show, and The Mortician was easily my favorite car there!

10. tjmercury

tjmercury

Sounds like a lot of fun, don't know as of yet if we Okies, will be able to go. That's a pretty long haul with two little ones. If not this year, next year the 49 Dodge should be finished and we can bring it out.

11. Gasser57

Gasser57

12. SniffnPaint

SniffnPaint

Hey! Great show guys, check out some pics on my blog.

13. Cam VanDerHorst

Cam VanDerHorst

Hey guys, my friend Sarah took a ton of pics! I'll post some here but you can see the rest at photos.sarahsobole.com or on Facebook at http://www.facebook.com/?ref=logo#!/pages/Sarahs-Photos/316546471761202. She shoots on real film so these pictures had a great vintage vibe!

First up is Bill's truck right out in front of the joint...

[​IMG]

Don's (in)famous Rebel Reaper...too bad y'all can't hear it, it sounded rad...

[​IMG]

Dale's in progress coupe...lots of wicked fabbing on this one.

[​IMG]

A close-up shot of the mill that propels Dave "Littleman" Lohr's Model A pickup into the 9.50s...and that's in the quarter, folks...

[​IMG]
    <O:p</O:p
    Stay tuned for more...

Last edited: Dec 1, 2012
  14. Cam VanDerHorst

Cam VanDerHorst

I love '49-'59 Fords so I bugged Sarah to take lots of pictures of them.

[​IMG]

Here I am being a jackass with my favorite non-Slick Devils car at the show.

[​IMG]

Every once in a while you see something that reminds you why you're a car guy, and for me last Saturday, it was "The Mortician." Here's a shot of the decals on the left rear window!

[​IMG]

Nice Model A owned by a Slick Devils member. Cool gasser in the background.

[​IMG]
    Still a few left...remember to check out Sarah's websites for more!

15. Cam VanDerHorst

Cam VanDerHorst

Curly's Pontiac...my Dad tells me stories about buying one as his first car! Way cool.
    [​IMG]

I love me a damn Ford Customline.

[​IMG]

It's not a real party until a Henry J gasser shows up...
    [​IMG]

Hamming it up Slick Devils-style.

[​IMG]

More to come...

16. Cam VanDerHorst

Cam VanDerHorst

Tired of seeing these yet? Well, you can kiss my ass.

[​IMG]

Bitchin' old racecar.

[​IMG]

Jim's shoebox is way more fun than anything you'll find at Foot Locker.

[​IMG]

O/T car snuck into this one, but I'm posting it anyway 'cuz you can see me manning the model car make n' take tent in the background.

[​IMG]

Make sure you join us next year for even more fun, and remember to check out Sarah's photography at photos.sarahsobole.com and http://www.facebook.com/?ref=logo#!/pages/Sarahs-Photos/316546471761202. That's all folks!

17. I just got the Feb, 2013 issue of Car Kulture Deluxe. Check out page 28 Drive-In Movie Car Show. Congrats on the show. Maybe I could make the next one.

I just got my copy at Barnes and Noble.

18. 33cruiser

33cruiser

@HJmaniac...yeah we were pretty surprised at the article...great publicity for the 2013 show. There will be an official posting...from Don Moyer most likely, but just for everyone's information...the Slick Devils Drive-In Car Show will be held on Saturday, May 25th, 2013 @ the Mayfield Rd Drive In. Details will be posted soon!!!

19. Grumpy

Grumpy
    from NE Ohio

Didnt see a new thread for the 2013 show, so BTT on this one.
    Show is this Sat, May 25th same drive-in location.

Weather is looking perfect

20. Thats funny Grumpy! I noticed the same thing today and started one..

http://www.jalopyjournal.com/forum/showthread.php?t=803930