Register now to get rid of these ads!

Hot Rods What does paint color say about your hotrod?

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by oldrelics, Dec 17, 2010.

1. Blackmaria60

Blackmaria60

One of my favorite colors is pink, and I ain't no pillowbiter. I'm getting ready to paint part of my house pink - it was built in '54. I'm not one to let some dumbass social rule tell me I can like every color out there but pink or I'm a fag.

2. I have owned a lot of white cars and trucks. An indication that I live a clean life and only have pure thoughts.

3. Tommy's Cycle

Tommy's Cycle
    from So Cal

I love monochromatic period correct colors on cars. Single stage, no clear coat. I had a '57 painted Jade Green metallic which was correct for that year. I think Buick had a mint green available that year also and was a little more muted than Belmont. Good luck.

4. slim tempo

slim tempo

I think the politically correct word is homo not fag.

5. RayMiller

RayMiller

My paint color says "hey look I'm oxidized" lol

6. Blackmaria60

Blackmaria60

I like pillowbiter, too, but I already used it and didn't want to be redundant.

BTW, the "fag" was in reference to what people think when they see a pink car.

My sis-in-law is a (hot) lesbian and drives a black car :rolleyes:

7. nmbuellist

nmbuellist

Okay--I drive a pink car--I'm no fag--for you macho guys that would never be caught dead in a pink car--let me tell you, I have had more women come on to me driving this that I am amazed I am still married--would never happen if this car was black

Attached Files:

8. MrModelT

MrModelT

Black, One word....SINISTER

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

9. I call BS without pics

10. 1great40

1great40
    from Walpole MA

My 40 pickup is in the process of being painted Meadowmist green. It's a muted soft green that says I'm partially a fag, somewhat unsure of my bodywork and blocking abilities and I have never waxed a car in my life :)

[​IMG]

Last edited: Sep 24, 2012
  11. 32Gnu

32Gnu

Says I'm part Dego.. A whop..
    Forget about it..

Attached Files:

12. Rocky Famoso

Rocky Famoso
    BANNED

Was already painted this when I got it. It'll do until I can afford my own choice.

[​IMG]

13. Goatdave

Goatdave

Metallic silver is a nice color especially on a car with a lot of chrome. It can have a nice mechanical/metal/ function over form look. Plus doesn't show dirt

14. BISHOP

BISHOP

Green says your fuckin awesome.

Especially a dark green with a gold kick, I got a gallon mixed up already... preparing for utter awesomeness.

Last edited: May 15, 2012
  15. I saw some lettering on a Harley chopper once that said, "It's salmon, damnit!".

16. AndrewnTX

AndrewnTX
    from Plano, TX

I tend to pick a car that I'm interested in, then when and if one comes along, I buy it, regardless of the color. When I heard about this '56 Thunderbird for sale, I called the fellow in Colorado. Not knowing what color it was... when he said "Green", I almost said thanks but no thanks.

I gave it a few days, thought it over... he sent some pics, but you know color on email pics is hit and miss.. the first pic is one he sent, the 2nd is a recent one...I decided to go for it and buy the car.. it was a factory green Thunderbird...my thought was lower it a little, put some wheels that set it off a bit.. it will look cool... . it's the most out of the norm color car I've ever had.. so now, coming up on three years, I love it, tons of compliments. Green is pretty popular, and the vintage green like this is pretty unique.

The car is in the paint shop at the moment, going back same color, minus waves, thick peeling edges and dents and scratches. I hope the shade and feel of the new paint are as appealing as the old look!

Attached Files:

17. bonesy

bonesy

Great looking combo. Wheels, paint, model. All cool together.

18. BISHOP

BISHOP

Those wheels look surprisingly good on that car, and the color.

19. PRB

PRB
    from Az

In the day it said, this flat primer is what I can afford

20. Dirty Dug

Dirty Dug

I was thinking of painting a car maroon but an old timer told me that was a color for a restored car. He said' "paint it black". So that's what I do. Like the song, "Paint it Black".

21. AndrewnTX

AndrewnTX
    from Plano, TX

One fall evening a little gecko walked into my garage. From the floor, he was eying my green Thunderbird that was parked inside. As I watched him, I noticed he really liked getting a view of himself in the various chrome bits like the hubcaps.

Next thing I knew he had climbed up the wheel, onto the car and quickly matched up nicely to the shade. Take a look at these pics, it's all him, I didn't touch him or place him on the car, that little guy stayed there on the Thunderbird for three days!!

Late at night I would check on him and he would be asleep eyes closed there on the car. His favorite spot was the chrome trim by the windshield base, the picture shows him and his reflection... too funny!! Then one day, he took off never to be seen again!

Attached Files:

22. langy

langy
    Member Emeritus

I agree !!!

23. Swifster

Swifster

I've had to look at a '57 Buick Roadmaster on two different claims. The car is Belmont Green and Jade Green as the two-tone. What a gorgeous looking car. Add a lot of chrome and it's hard to beat...

[​IMG]

24. Swifster

Swifster

The original color on my Studebaker was Astro Blue. This is an extremely light shade of blue and I hate it. I've thought of other colors (not blue) but I've seen a few interiors with the same blue mine had and love it. So I'm going to be painting it a slightly darker shade of blue. Chrysler had a color in 1969 called Ice Blue Metallic. It's lighter than Marina Blue but still looks really good.

I had a '69 Valiant in this color and I wrecked the front end. The shop had Sikkens mix the paint and when the car was shot, we found that the metallic was left out. It actually looked better with the base coat/clear than it would have with the metallic. This is how the Stude will be sprayed.

25. Swifster

Swifster

For all the homophobes out there...

It never fails, the 'kids' (under 30) in my car club ask about once a month, "What color should I paint my car?" This club has a lot of guys with Fox bodied Mustangs. The smart ass that I am, I post this...

[​IMG]

PANTHER PINK!!!

I don't know why, but they take a dim view of this... I think if it's good enough for Chargers, Challengers, Barracudas and Road Runners, it's good enough for a Fox body Mustang.

[​IMG]

My goal in life is to find a car to put this color on. Even if it's part of a tri-color paint job on a late 50's car. It's just something about it I like. It takes a man to drive a pink car...

26. My wife complained about driving my 66 vette,rally red BTW, because it didn't have any PS/PB & a 4 speed sooo I found her a 57 bird fully equipped with power . i mentioned it was going to get painted as it had the usual door parking lot chips down the sides. She sez if it's my car I'll pick the color so I brought home a 97 ford color chart from the ford dealer. I think she nailed it pretty good. The interior is stock two tone green kind of unusual as you don't see too many around.

27. Fedcospeed

Fedcospeed

It means if I want to see any on my car I,ll have to take it completely apart this winter,cause there is nothing on it now.

28. Orlando1701

Orlando1701

Although it's going to be a year minimum before I need to really think about what color I want to use I've been thinking what color I want to paint my 50' Ford. It's currently baby-shit brown and I want to repaint it but I'm not sure what direction to go. I don't want to do flat-black because everyone does flat black.

29. amphicar

amphicar
    BANNED

I'm not gay but my favorite "thing" in the world is PINK! :D:D:D Hummm?? :eek:

30. You can get it in any color as long as its black