Register now to get rid of these ads!

Hot Rods Modified Murray - The Final Chapter

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by scootermcrad, Feb 7, 2012.

1. scootermcrad

scootermcrad
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

Bwahahahahaha!!!! :D:D Thanks buddy! I really appreciate it! If you can, stop by breakfast on Saturday. Looks like it will be my last Anti-donut for awhile...

2. speters

speters

I really love the way this has come together. It gives me horribly wonderful ideas!!!!

3. gnichols

gnichols
    from Tampa, FL

^ditto. 160+ posts and not one star? Jeepers. Gary

4. retroridesbyrich

retroridesbyrich
    from Central NC

Looks great. So, is it going to done in time for the Charlotte Gay Pride Parade?

5. cruzr

cruzr

Scott wouldnt miss that for anything Rich:D

6. The37Kid

The37Kid

I had to reread that, thought it was GRAY Pride, a Sothern thing. Bob:rolleyes:

7. scootermcrad

scootermcrad
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

Thanks guys!

Haha! I heard you repainted the Thimbledrome rainbow colors so you can drive it in the parade. I'll definitely be there to see you dressed in your favorite Liberace costume...

Randy... How's Laguna? :D

8. retroridesbyrich

retroridesbyrich
    from Central NC

Scott - One word - garters! :)

9. JeffreyJames

JeffreyJames
    from SUGAR CITY

Did you intentionally misspell SoUthern?? Or was that part of the joke? :D

10. JeffreyJames

JeffreyJames
    from SUGAR CITY

AND is this referring to the Iron Lords Party? :D:D:D

11. Maybe I'm glad I'm missing this years suare!

12. retroridesbyrich

retroridesbyrich
    from Central NC

No, but if you insist...:)

13. I dunno- a bunch of guys spending their evenings together and working on each others bodies... :)

14. The37Kid

The37Kid

No, another spelling mistake on my part, should know better I'm in Southern Connecticut. :rolleyes:

15. Must be hard to see the keyboard in the basement, Bob :)?

16. FritzTownFord

FritzTownFord

I just finished the whole thread (followed the earlier one too).

Wow. Just F'in WOW! I just hope I someday get to see this little bomb live and in person. Round Up 2013? I'll be the guy sitting on the ground just staring.

17. scootermcrad

scootermcrad
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

Hey man! Thanks a bunch for the words!

I think there is a strong possibility, unless there are some circumstances that are out of my control, that it could be at the round up next year.

All this car needs at this point is a the body work finished, lay down the paint, get the plumbing and electrical done, glass, have a drive shaft made, and get the hydraulic t-out bearing. Few things with the Hemi need to be done as well, and little odds and ends, but those are the main things. SO CLOSE! But before all that can happen, we've gotta' get to NC, get settled, and then I've gotta' get the garage up to par electrically and pneumatically (need to plumb in a big ass compressor!)

I really thought when I started this thread it would be THE FINAL CHAPTER. Damn book just keeps going... Ready to close it, already.

Something good for this car that's coming out of this move is, I was starting to rush things a bit. Once I'm settled in and start work, I can get back to doing things without rushing the work, and now that it will be in MY OWN garage, I can work on it whenever I choose and not work around the schedule of the building it was in.

18. The37Kid

The37Kid

Does North Carolina have a chapter of the East Coast Unfinished Projects Club? :rolleyes:

19. You Are Moving! I need to check in on the HAMB more offten...the Car looks RAD

20. Hope you can make it. We (the wife and son)are hoping to make it back next year and would love to get the chance to meet.

21. Yep, And I'm the president! :eek::D

22. Scott,

I cant believe I am local and have never got over to help out or just see this car. Well someday I will see it hopefully running.

Good luck to you and your wife, in your new city and job.

23. 50Fraud

50Fraud

Steampunk lives! Don't take offense; I like steampunk.

24. jbtine

jbtine

Some of the work and imagination makes me feel like a real rookie. I'm glad to see how some other modified Murrys look. You really shortened your body. I took a different approach. I lengthened my doors 4" and put the rear door/quarter windowm together to be about the same length as the front doors. My doors are about the same length as Vicky doors. I filled the top using a 63 Plymouth trunk lid that was going to scrap and the top from the same car to finish it. I appreciate the skinny tire look but for me I like some meat on the back. I just didn't like big tires sticking out 2' from the body. Before anyone rags on my choice of wheels it was a case of USE what was laying around the shop taking up space.. and of course the budget. The spinners were with the wheels so I spent 2 days masking them. I used a 341 Desoto hemi and built the 3 duece intake. I have enjoyed building this car more than any before it. Let the imagination go wild. Looks likes your functions a bit better than mine. Maybe we need a modified Murray thread.

Attached Files:

25. davo461

davo461

Scootermcradical !Although not my first choice of styling,that car, and how you've planned and constructed it,is truly amazing and a credit to you.
    I hope everything goes smoothly for you and your wife regarding the move, the job and, importantly, the workshop.
    May your life require no Bondo !

26. GDoug76

GDoug76

Scot this looks really good, when did you move? I remember seeing all the early posts and bare metal pics on this

27. scootermcrad

scootermcrad
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

Well, I don't have any really exciting updates for you guys, except to tell you that I haven't died or totally dropped off the planet. Just haven't got totally unpacked enough to do anything with the car. AND! I have to wire up my garage so I can get some compressed air goin'. Gonna' be a bit. BUT! At least I made it safely to North Carolina. Work has kept me very busy and I don't quite have the internet access I used to have. Doesn't help that I went from a 7 minute commute, to almost an hour commute each way to work. So, when I get home I'm not on the computer much. I'm COMPLETELY out of the loop!

Few pictures since I last posted. Some of these are sell phone pics. Sorry!

Packed up the shop. This was a LOT of work, and definitely an emotion reality check of what was happening...

[​IMG]

Got the Pontiac ready for BenD to ship out to me. THANKS BEN!! Ruler!!

[​IMG]

Our lives packed into a big yellow truck! Could not have done this without the help of my good friend Eric! (Chevy54) Saved my ass!!!! :eek:

[​IMG]

The car loaded up to pull out...

[​IMG]

The trip was the most difficult thing I've ever done. I've moved a lot, lived in several states, but this was by FAR the most difficult move ever. The truck was a dog with how loaded down it was (literally 20 mph going up some hills!!!!!), we had very long days, which made for some scary moments during the trip, we drove through some TERRIBLE weather, and at one point we drove through a storm cell that had a tornado in it and we didn't know it until after the fact, my wife's car got broken in to in Alb-q, New Mexico (really bad situation and got screwed by the insurance company), but... We made it. We saw plenty of good stuff along the way. Even got to meet up with a HAMBer, Texas Speed (Great to meet you Matt!! You rule!). Saw some incredible scenery, and spent some great time with my wife and my parents.

On the road!!

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

1:30 in the morning, driving through the mountains, after the scariest storm I've ever experienced, and in a huge ass truck, to-boot!

[​IMG]

But now it sits in its own garage, waiting for me to give it some attention.

[​IMG]

I've really missed working on cars and shaping metal. Everything morning when walking through the assembly plant where I work, smelling the welding smoke, and hearing the crisp welding sound gets me by, but I miss my machines. Looking forward to getting back to the swing of things. In the mean time, I've been workin' on the house and planning out a new garage (hoping for next year).

OH! And now I have two Murrays in the garage! :D

[​IMG]

28. The37Kid

The37Kid

Sounds like both of you need a trip to Hershey, Pa. next month to get a few days of vacation. Welcome to the East Coast. Bob ........................the car looks great with some paint on it, will look really nice after you fab the hood for it.:)

29. a bloke

a bloke

Great work, I have enjoyed following this build. Looking forward to seeing it finished some time.

30. Good to see you are still alive Scott! I hope we get to see some updates rolling through again. At this rate, even though I am doing almost nothing on my build either, I may catch up to you.:eek::D