Register now to get rid of these ads!

Event Coverage EL MIRAGE, Opening Day, 2012...!!! PIX+

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by Mazooma1, May 20, 2012.

1. Here ya go! I think this was the best run of the day, although the track had gone away by then. Enjoy!

<iframe width="560" height="315" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/u8HvqkP9xF8" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

2. Great photos! Wish I was there! Planning on going to Speed Week this year.

3. LANCE-SPEED

LANCE-SPEED

HAHA, You know me I'm a hoodlum. I was probly just trying to keep it running. we were having trouble getting her started so I didnt want it to die.

4. Beef Stew

Beef Stew
    from So Cal

suuuuuuuuuure lance.

[​IMG]

5. Catdaddyo

Catdaddyo

Not a HAMB truck, but what is the engine in this thing?[​IMG]

6. LANCE-SPEED

LANCE-SPEED

This guy could be your twin Nate?

7. Dynoroom

Dynoroom

Detroit V-6 diesel. Owned By Jim Dunn.

8. Thanks to all for the great Pictures, and Mctim64, that y-block sounds great!!

9. Beef Stew

Beef Stew
    from So Cal

Dude, that IS me.

10. Mazooma1

Mazooma1

You guys behave, or I'll post the photo of Lance doing his Bill Clinton impression..."boxers or briefs?".....:eek:

11. Great coverage. I will have to head up there sometime this year.

12. If we weren't both in violation of some kind of copyright law (I won't say anything if you don't...) I might think I gave these guys the idea, however, my spidey senses tell me it's just a matter of great minds thinking alike. (we better watch ourselves...)
    Of course, the one above actually works in the real world so they win...

[​IMG]

13. 24 Dodge

24 Dodge
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

Great pics went to El Mirage in 08 ended up buying a car that I saw there. It was a 24 Dodge that Larry Mitchell owned, he is such a great Guy. If anybody saw him there tell him Hi for me

14. CARRILLO

CARRILLO
    from SO CAL

right on, bad bob,catch you next time....by the way,i realy dug your truck.

15. Wow thanks I thought a Y block would split at those revs, whats your red line?, H.R.D.

16. Elmo Rodge

Elmo Rodge

Great talking with you again Doug. Thanx for the help with the armbands. They were eating them like Halloween candy. Wayno

17. It, like most Ys, runs out of breath at 7000 but I've hit 7500 before. It would rev higher and still stay together but the heads just wont let it.

18. MO_JUNK

MO_JUNK
    from Rolla, Mo.

I just got back home yesterday. My son and I were there on Saturday. It was a good father and son day. It was great to finally make it to El Mirage. I got to meet some of you(Mctim64, Elmo Rodge, Kaui, The BMR Group). Looking forward to B'ville again in August. Hope to see some of you there. Thanks for the great photo coverage. Sam

19. Elmo Rodge

Elmo Rodge

Sam, good meeting you too. See you in August. Wayno

20. Thanks! subscribed.

21. Found this on YouTube, thought it would fit here.

<iframe width="560" height="315" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/OCamPfthAfs" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

22. Thought I should also say it was good meeting all the guys out there, I wish I could have talked more but when you are running a car it gets hard. I just barely had a chance to say "Hi" to Buddy and Wayno we need to have a beer or something at Bonneville after racing is shut down for the day.

Always a good time. Cheers!

23. Mazooma1

Mazooma1

Tim, and all the other HAMB guys that are going to Bonneville:

We need to exchange cell #'s in July.
    Also we need to get one pit as our "homeplate' of sorts to make for a place where we can go use as a centralized meeting place.
    Too many times I have gone to events and not known that the guy right next to me is someone who I communicate with on the HAMB.
    At Bonneville in 2010, I was parked sitting in my car and took a photo of this fella parked to my left, not having a clue that it was "Bob K" until after I had posted the photos several days later. I would have loved to have chatted with him,but I didn't know it was him....:(

[​IMG]

24. I was looking at getting a Jockey Journal group together, we could combine it with the HAMB. Feel free to stop by Tims 416 pit at anytime and say hi, Tim will be working my job is to bullsh............I mean run PR!

25. WOW! Thank's for taking the time to post all the great photos. Can't wait untill Aug. for Bonneville speed week.

26. cool, thanks for the ride. :)

27. Great idea Doug! Trent (Tman) introduced me to Bob last year, among others. Trent seems to know everyone out there that's why he's my BS errr.... PR man.

28. derFREUD

derFREUD

Outstanding fotos.