Register now to get rid of these ads!

ford shoebox drive shaft

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by tedley, May 20, 2012.

1. Question for 49-51 shoebox ford guys running sbf-c-4- maveric rears. Did you find a driveshaft that fits or get on made up.Just thought i'd ask before i lay out 400 hun for a tailor made one. 400 includes new u joints,new tube, new front and rear yokes, balancing and assy. Not that bad if you break it down.

2. Royalshifter

Royalshifter
    from California

Wow seems high.

3. LOL not around here. costs alot to build a car here. You guys are so lucky in that respect

4. Retro Jim

Retro Jim

Don't know of any drop in d/s . Just get the d/s you have cut down and should work just fine . Having them made cost way to much unless your building a high hp race engine .
    Just me opinion but that's what I am going to be doing in my 50 !

Retro Jim

5. Brickster

Brickster

6. Problem is i don't have driveshaft to work with and finding one has been a problem as well. No one wants to part with them and even the pick a part wreckers are short of stock and tired of running around looking for one just for the yokes. Looks like i'll bit the bullet and have one made.

7. Price is about right. More here of course. I live next door to a great machine shop. Thanks anyway.

8. JeffB2

JeffB2
    from Phoenix,AZ

9. I'm assuming that you haven't looked at other cars like the GM's and Mopars.
    I've had luck with 70-80 Monte Carlo's. They are at a good length to cut to size.Plus they don't have the expanded driveshaft that tapers to the ends.
    The yoke situation is easily solved with the u-jounts that match ford to chevy.A good driveshaft shop should have them available.

Frank

10. UnIOnViLLEHauNT

UnIOnViLLEHauNT

Lincoln town cars have always been magic for me.

11. Russco

Russco
    from Central IL

I just had one made for my shoebox new yokes tube and ujoints and balanced for 239.00

12. 40FordGuy

40FordGuy

Look around....My custom made driveshaft was $200 from a shop here in Sacramento......

4TTRUK