Register now to get rid of these ads!

Hot Rods 32 Roadster has entered the building....

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by rat bastad, May 19, 2012.

1. OK so time being of a premium and after being on the hunt for a long time for the right car, I turned up this deuce roadster out of KY.

The car ticks the boxes for a pre WWII dry lakes styled car and runs a '37 21 stud, headers, Thickstun PM7, rebuilt stock 6V ignition. rebuilt 32 top loader, rebuilt 32 rear end, undropped heavy 32 axle, mech brakes with floater kits, 16" wires and stock style Le Baron Bonney interior and the stock rumble seat.

Plans include a little sorting, a 25 louvre hood, a nice cam/adjustables, black wires, some higher CR with factory heads, a top and a few other era correct bits and pieces. I'm shooting for a look reminiscent of the Henderson roadster as I've always loved that car.

I'm super happy with this car - many thanx to Bill who did a great job putting her together, great job guys !

Pix....

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Rat

Last edited: May 20, 2012
  2. very nice period ride. LOVE IT!!!!!

3. Good seeing it in the flesh.
    Those red wheels have to go ASAP!

4. Yeah man....they'll GO !!

5. That thing is awesome.

Last edited: May 20, 2012
  6. hotrd32

hotrd32
    from WA

Nice damn car..............!

7. TexasSpeed

TexasSpeed
    ALLIANCE MEMBER
    from Texas

Pre-WWII perfection.

8. knumb knuts

knumb knuts
    from tempe az

love it, great roadster

"F" the haters of the red wheels, they offset the red interior, don't change because of "hambthink"

9. Deu55

Deu55

Very nice ...

Sent from my iPhone using TJJ

10. Reindeer

Reindeer
    from Finland

Very nice car. Do you have any plans for colour change yet?

11. Yes they do match and not so much worried about "Hambthink" but what I was wondering was - what would some young guy pre WWII most likely have done ?

IMO he would have bone to the boneyard for his wheels, scored a set and bolted em on right? So the question then would be, is the colour on these wheels an early Ford wheel colour?

Black wires look really cool to my eye and would also suit this car.

Subjective I know but I wonder how many guys actually ran black wires on their [re WWII rides ?

Interesting question to ponder....

Rat

12. MR. FORD

MR. FORD
    from Austin, TX

Man, I couldnt agree more!

13. Congrats on the new car but damn how many cool cars is one bloke allowed to own???

14. HotRodMicky

HotRodMicky

Loose the red on the wheels, dye the seat darker and give the windshield a bit more rake,
    and i think it would be perfect!
    And yeah a full hood!

Apart from that it`really cool !!!!Reminds me of my old roadster , just had hydraulic brakes and 39 wheels

How does it stop with mech. brakes ??
    Michael

15. HeyyCharger

HeyyCharger

Congrats Frank! Itching to come check it out in the flesh.. enjoy!

HC.

16. Mickey the seat is darker than it looks...its actually a darker red. The flash makes it look brighter !!
    The screen will be raked eventually and it brakes well but needs a slight adjustment to pull up straight rather than to the right.

THe full hood is a MUST !

Binga - one will go eventually, can't keep em all brother.

The question is, which one?

17. brandos55

brandos55
    from Australia

Great score and a Cool ride,cant wait to see it at one of the runs /meets Im sure it will be at. B

18. Good for you, this is such a cool car. I was drooling over it and really wanted it, glad it is going to a good home.

19. Great Looking car well done. Personally I think the red wires would have been 'the hot ticket" on low buck modifications done way back then. Manny Betes A Roadster - red wires, Iskys T Roadster - red wires. They would have made the car stand out from the crowd with minimal outlay & shout "Look at me I'm a Hot Rod". It's only in more modern times that the red wheels have been done to death.

I think that 40's ford disc wheels always look good in black but wires look great painted red.

Did I mention that I love the car....

20. 327-365hp

327-365hp
    from Mass

He would've painted 'em red!! Haha.. Everybody hates red wheels because it's over done. It's over done for a reason... It looks good. :D I think maroon would look good.

21. red wheels done to death like red cars hehe....

Some goods points there BT....but I won't taking credit for the car's build as I did'nt build this one. With all due respect, the builder was an older gentleman who would definately have a way better idea of what was "correct" and what was not.

And that was my point, other than disc wheels, what % of wires would have been painted red or black pre WWII ?

22. Take it easy chief :)

Red wheels are fine, but this roadster has a little more class, like wearing sneakers with a suit........dig!
    Frank is able to make his own mind up.......that I am sure of.

23. HAHAHAHA ...the great HAMB red wire wheel debate.

As said fellas....color choice is highly subjective, I prefer the black but was curious as to what guys preferred/did way back when.

I know...I'll knock off Thommo's 40 disc wheels and paint em black and change the look of the car whenever I get the urge haha !!

Thommo?

Thanx for the +ve input Tom & others !!

Rat

24. I think the bigger question you need to ask yourself (not us, we can't make up our own minds let alone yours), is what colour are you going to paint the body.....go on paint it red to match the wheels....:rolleyes::D

Congrats' bro, now update those brakes, at least to '40 spec....:)

Cheers,

Drewfus:)

25. tbcworks.com

tbcworks.com
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

Nice Lil roadster Bro!

26. Was the 'heartbeat' around back then hahahahahahaha

27. yeah, with a 'pecker pink' TM stripe to match....:)

28. thommoina33

thommoina33
    Alliance Member
    from australia
    Staff Member

Frank, terrible car man, i really hate it, it makes me want to puke,
    just shittin;). Yeh, i hear ya about the wheels, get me at a moment of weakness and who knows.

i'd really like to see a set of 18's and black hoops on it, whatever way ya go, killer ride.

thommo.

29. In the immortal words of a "famous" gentleman :

Why is everybody so unkind !!

Ahhh Thommo...you are the mindreader. 18s what what I had in mind for the rear.

Haha

Rat

30. terry48435

terry48435