Register now to get rid of these ads!

What Does Your H.A.M.B. ID Mean?

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by RagtopBuick66, May 18, 2012.

1. 30 year life member of the NRA and the name of my punkin gun.

2. likes ihs

likes ihs
    from petaluma

likes internationals, some of mine,

Attached Files:

• 3int.jpg
      3int.jpg
      File size:
      131.4 KB
      Views:
    • 33.jpg
      33.jpg
      File size:
      317.6 KB
      Views:
  3. jchav62

jchav62

My name, Joe Chavez... and the year of my pickup... '62.

4. Larjk9

Larjk9

I train dogs for a living. I always remind them I AM the Big Dog.

5. Model T1

Model T1

6. tommy

tommy
    Member Emeritus

It means that I have been around longer than the other guys that add numbers and years of their cars.

7. aircoup

aircoup

cause i have an old ercoupe emblem on my car , on the lower cowl , an it fits it

8. Sweepspear

Sweepspear

Buick reference.

9. Greaser Bob

Greaser Bob

From my days of being in a country band years and years ago, it just stuck. But some other dude had it so hence the thirteen:)

10. Model T1

Model T1

For years I said I never wanted a computer because it's a waste of time. Then for years more I said I never want to go on the internet, I'd never get any work done.
    My kid brought me his used computer. Then the kid living with us signed up for dial-up. Then I got satellite hi-speed.
    Now I don't get any work done!
    But all the good names were gone!:confused:

11. Voodoo Trucker

Voodoo Trucker

A combination of my military call sign and the day I signed up I had attended a Dead Bolt concert the night before, kinda stuck in my mind ever since. :)

12. Mine is my alternate persona. I spent ten years managing a retail computer store here in Houston called Consumers Computer Exchange. Its the oldest computer shop in the city.

One of my many jobs was manning the phones and, as a result, I answered a great many solicitation calls from people selling advertising, insurance, phone services, etc., etc. I was the gate keeper so my job was to fend them off from the boss.

I got tired of fending them off so I came up with a name of the fictitious person in charge of all that crap, Zeke Fishburn.

"Yes, the person you want to speak with is Zeke Fishburn and he's at lunch right now." That way, when anyone called asking for Zeke Fishburn, I knew instantly is was a BS call.

It got so funny in the end because Zeke started getting mail sent to him soliciting business.

"Mr. Fishburn, I'm Fred Johnson with Southwester Bell Yellow Pages and I'm following up on my many recent phone calls about how my company can help get you more business." It became sort of a running joke around the shop. "Hey, line 3 is holding for Zeke Fishburn." Which meant, don't pick up line 3, just let them rot on hold.

I'm still close friends with the owner of that shop and he still gets calls and mail for Zeke.

I just used the name for my Hotmail account and the ZRXOA and the rest is history.

Incidentally, if you ever heard "Line 6" on the intercom at that shop it was code for, "everyone up front there's a hot chick in the showroom." The phone system only had 5 lines.

13. falconsprint63

falconsprint63
    from Mayberry

mine was the first online ID I had--was my orginal AOL an Ebay id (until another guy and I had nearly the same ebay id AND the same password and accidentally got our accounts confused). I generally use it as my fall back online ID--not trying to keep myself secret--It's just an id I know I won't forget--unlike teh 500 different passwords I seem to have between work and home.

14. Dammit

Dammit
    from Canada

Mine comes from my childhood, thought it was my name for awhile...
    " Stop that, Dammit; shut the door, Dammit; put that away, Dammit; stop picking on your sister, Dammit; shut up, Dammit." You get the picture...:)

15. Then you know about this clip, right?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=34qB4tQHy-g

16. BOWTIE BROWN

BOWTIE BROWN

Iam changing mine .Don't go no where anymor to wear my BOWTIE.
    B.B.

17. Orn

Orn

My last name is Ornberg and my ID is a short version….and yes I’m lazy…

18. jydog

jydog
    from Griffin

Junk Yard Dog. My wife rescued a dog from a junkyard that i bought a bunch of my parts from and the name stuck with me for the last 20 years.

19. Colville

Colville

Nothing fancy... My middle name is Colville so figured that'll work. I go by Cole

20. chopped

chopped

Had a chopped Chevy, thought I'd keep it forever. Wish I had.

21. Mines actually from the movie state fair, When the dad says talking about the son. " What did we end up with? A piston farmer"

22. 35desoto

35desoto

I bought a 35 Desoto airstream back in 98. Around the same time we got internet at home and from there needed an ebay acccount. So I had to think of a trading name and thats what i came up with. Seems the title or name has stuck cause my other forums i use exactly the same name. Cant confuse myself then as to who I am. The car has since been sold however i am now attached to the name and yes it will continue. There are times when my trading history helps in long distance trading and that means a lot to me so the name and the trading history attached to it become one as a recognition of my sincerity in buying stuff half a world away

23. It's my name.

24. Mine was a nickname that I shortened....When I was driving Limo I got to drive back driveways and back roads not traveled on a regular basis. I started finding cars and during conversations with clients we talked about cars and they gave me all kinds of leads. Some panned out some didnt. Sooo, I started posting what I found , 'cause I couldnt buy'em all. One guy called me one day and asked if I knew of any insert car name here and when I started telling him where a few were setting, he said "Man you are like the AUTO LOCATOR", I laughed, told a few friends and it stuck. Plus if I see anyone on here looking for anything I always send a PM. Just trying to help everyone out. I know there are alot of people that dont pass on leads for fear of someone else getting a big score, not me, if I cant make it happen, Id like to make it happen for someone else, who knows maybe they"ll do the same for me someday. KARMA BABY KARMA

25. cederholm

cederholm

It's my name too..

26. cc51

cc51
    from So Cali

Off Road Racing Crew Chief........CC #51

27. jazzfidelity

jazzfidelity

dedicated jazz buff and trumpet player..

28. I must have missed something along the way butI had or have always heard it 22 skidoo. But I used to watch the 3 stooges and lots of bigs bunny and his pals so I probably have it wrong.

You mean its not Steve? When I talk to Robin and say Steve he always knows who I'm talking about.

29. pride63

pride63

i use pride as its the name of my first full custom scooter as i am proud of my country and all who make it the best place in the world and 63 as that was the year i was born
    [​IMG]
    pride by mark & anne's photos, on Flickr and

30. I have an affection for the W head engines (348 & 409). Have a couple hanging around. Then I guess I figured I lived in Vermont. The rest needs little explanation!