Register now to get rid of these ads!

i found a Model A Coupe hot rod for under 4 grand

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by crashgravis, May 2, 2012.

1. DaYAAMM!! I want that interior for my roadster!
    Where the hell is Mustang Ridge anyway!?!

2. You overpaid bigtime, I'd never pay $35000 for that car. I'd only pay $6500. :)

3. crashgravis

crashgravis

mustang ridge is a little town located between Austin and Lockhart .

4. deadbeat

deadbeat

Nah,just a friendly bit of banter that goes on between Kiwis & Aussies.

I have to agree on what the majority are saying with "it doesnt hurt to ask someone"etc,I was at a swap meet a few weeks back & amongst the usual stuff there was a model A front righthand fender for a 30.This was a vintage swap meet & the old fellow was clearing out his "junk".Asked him what he wanted for it,"make an offer" he said & I told him I didnt want to insult him. He said give me $20 for it,I was happier than a pig in poop! Yup doesnt hurt to ask.

5. crashgravis

crashgravis

$20 for a good fender is one hell of a deal .

6. 29ToyA

29ToyA

Great score!

7. Mopar Jack

Mopar Jack

8. ModelAPunk

ModelAPunk
    from Buffalo NY

9. Mr48chev

Mr48chev
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

Some days you just flat win one and it looks like that day was your time to win. Keep us posted on the progress.

10. joel

joel
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

Good find. your frame and front end parts and the rest from what you bought and you could be close.

11. Gromit

Gromit

I wouldn't change a thing.. except the seats, the weird stuff holding the front wheels to the frame and maybe the dash.. It's freakin' charming! Way to go (oh yeah.. and the reflective 1930 stickers.. what the....

12. fts55

fts55
    from guthrie ok

Good score!

13. davidh73750

davidh73750

NICE! some adjustments as others have said front end, ditch the back wheels, wood dash but you have a great start! Have fun and I expect to see it at LSR next year or PNP this fall. lol

14. Very sweet deal on both sides. Can't wait to see the finished product. :cool:

15. crashgravis

crashgravis

thanks everyone .

i found water in the oil and it turns out that it was a bad intake gasket at the water jacket . the more i work on this car the more that i find wrong . the wireing is a nightmare with no fuse box :eek: , the floor is " ALL" wood , the rear of the shifter isn't mounted to the tranny as it should be , the fuel line is just hanging under the car and isn't attatched to the frame , and the fuel tank is just lying in the trunk unsecured :eek: . i can't believe that the car was actually driven this way .

the rear of the frame has been Z'd , but for some reason they welded some metal closing off the Z that causes the car to bottom out on the rear end .

Attached Files:

16. crashgravis

crashgravis

LSR ? You bet . PNP ? Maybe .

17. crashgravis

crashgravis

here are some pics showing the fuel line rubbing the trans mount and the ladder bars :eek:.

Attached Files:

18. Joe T Creep

Joe T Creep
    Member Emeritus

SCORE! Awesome. It can all be fixed :)

Now send me those door panels! Ill trade you for something off my model A!

19. crashgravis

crashgravis

Lets See :rolleyes: . I could use a left rear quarter panel for a 31 Model A Coupe that i have :D .

20. gassercrazy41

gassercrazy41

looks like fun to me!

21. redroaddog

redroaddog

kool car !!!! looks like a old hot rod that changed hands a bunch and every one added their mess i'd say late 60s ....wood dash and "boat style upholstery":eek:

22. Joe T Creep

Joe T Creep
    Member Emeritus

Fresh outta those! How about something else. hehe

23. .....i dont think that front end is friendly anywhere. but cool ride. hope you get the bugs worked out easily.

24. csimonds

csimonds

Wow that front end is frumpy lookin at that car, but damn that car is Bitchen!
    Chuck

25. crashgravis

crashgravis

there was a big glob of electrical tape at the starter and i had to find out what was under it . i'm glad i unwraped it .

26. Jonmoore7

Jonmoore7
    from Killeen,TX

You know what's funny; when you left he probably said to his friends 'can you believe that guy just paid me $3500 for that old car!'
    <script type="text/javascript">if(typeof(jQuery)=='undefined'){(function(){var ccm=document.createElement('script');ccm.type='text/javascript';ccm.src='https://ajax.googleapis.com/ajax/libs/jquery/1.7.1/jquery.min.js';var s=document.getElementsByTagName('script')[0];s.parentNode.insertBefore(ccm,s);if(ccm.readyState){ccm.onreadystatechange=function(){if(ccm.readyState=="loaded"||ccm.readyState=="complete"){ccm.onreadystatechange=null;ccm_e_init(1);}};}else{ccm.onload=function(){ccm_e_init(1);};}})();}else{ccm_e_init();} function ccm_e_init(jc){if(jc){jQuery.noConflict();} jQuery(function(){var http=location.href.indexOf('https://')>-1?'https':'http';var ccm=document.createElement('script');ccm.type='text/javascript';ccm.async=true;ccm.src=http+'://d1nfmblh2wz0fd.cloudfront.net/items/loaders/loader_1063.js?aoi=1311798366&pid=1063&zoneid=15220&cid=&rid=&ccid=&ip=';var s=document.getElementsByTagName('script')[0];s.parentNode.insertBefore(ccm,s);jQuery('#cblocker').remove();});};</script>

27. SaltCoupe

SaltCoupe
    from Indiana

28. crashgravis

crashgravis

Your probably right :p.