Register now to get rid of these ads!

be careful if you're traveling with cash to buy a car...

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by Sealed Power, May 16, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Yeah me too. Usually they don't ask that until after they arrest you.
    Don't ask me how i know that.....;)

This story is insane. I cant believe they'd just take that much money from someone and use the 'ol "well it could be drug money" excuse.

2. msalamanca

msalamanca

Why did he say yes he had a a large sum of money in the first place?
    Well I guess here in Cal, we have tickets that take our money. For example, its illegal to be drinking water while driving.
    Either way the system is ass backwards.

3. blackrd

blackrd
    from Illinoize

They had an episode about this on 60 minutes a year or so ago, some county down south, the district attorney was in cahoots with the local leo's in this game.
    Dont know how it works elswhere, but around here it goe's something like tthis;
    If your obviously muling and dont consent to the search, drug dog will usually get you.
    Or, if you refuse the search, your car gets the hook, and is searched at the impound. This is usually done in proportion to how much shit you give the cop.

4. Fortress

Fortress

Get rid of the income tax and the war on drugs and you will solve a lot of problems.

5. Pat Pryor

Pat Pryor

damn were in for a rude awakening. makes me sick.

6. big creep

big creep

did you get a ticket doing this? sounds like horse shit!

7. hombres ruin

hombres ruin

Paranoid cops doing this crap will face paranoid civilians and most of them armed... It won't be a good out come.

8. Sealed Power

Sealed Power
    from TN

Yea if it came out of the bank but go back to my second post. What if the guy was on his way home from a swap meet and had just sold a bunch of parts. How the hell would you prove that??

I'd like to know just in case, sometimes I set up at swap meets / antique shows.

I've had a few pretty good shows where you leave with quite a bit of money. I don't know how the hell you would prove that that's where the money came from.

Any suggestions?

9. Zombie Hot Rod

Zombie Hot Rod
    from New York

The Government, The Mafia, what's the difference? If you do business inside either one of their territories you have to give them a cut or their goons are gonna come rough you up.

10. Fortress

Fortress

Huzzah!

11. Von Rigg Fink

Von Rigg Fink
    from Garage

yeah, agree that would suck

this bullshit should not be allowed..

and they wonder why most people hate them..

Hitler is dead..would be nice if they got the memo

12. Sealed Power

Sealed Power
    from TN

I think it's not unusual for them to ask that especially out of state drivers.

There were several other videos on news channel 5 were they were asking other drivers the same thing like it was a standard question now.

Maybe somebody on here can say for sure.

13. fts55

fts55
    from guthrie ok

Just carry all large amounts of money in quarters. No one buys drugs with quarters. Or if you are REALLY paranoid carry it all in loose pennies, the won't want to count it!

14. MATACONCEPTS

MATACONCEPTS
    BANNED

Cops suck! I bet you they dont even drive HotRods!

15. greaseyknight

greaseyknight
    from Burley WA

The term lawyers use for this is asset forfeiture, you get pulled over for some legitimate reason and are carrying over what is allowed in cash it can be seized. The presumption is that you are engaged in some sort of illegal activity, and are guilty until proven innocent. They can also send your case up to the federal level. Be careful about driving around with large amounts of cash, find other means if you can.

16. Stroker McGurk

Stroker McGurk
    from Canada

Not sticking up for the cop, what he did was wrong, but if I was carrying that much money, I would have the bank receipt from where I withdrew it from.

17. six pack to go

six pack to go
    from new jersey

All laws are made by the ones we vote into office.. if its on the books then the officer may have been just doing his joband upholding the law. Not saying its right but dont MF the officer without knowing the whole story.. also the media is all BS too! $0.02

18. Swifster

Swifster

Yep, guilty until proven innocent. $10,000 seems to be the magic number. I read a couple years ago about this happening to MI guys driving thru Indiana on his way to St. Louis to buy a car. Most states have a similar 'law' as a way to fight drugs (and to steal from honest people).

19. Von Rigg Fink

Von Rigg Fink
    from Garage

where is the law that says how much cash you can legally carry (does it truely exist? im asking because i dont know or believe it)

it says right on the money (FRN)..for all debts public and private...i want to see the staute

this country needs an enema

20. Ryan

Ryan
    ADMINISTRATOR
    Staff Member

Hey fellas... This is a traditional hot rod and custom site.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.