Register now to get rid of these ads!

Projects '37 Ford Taillight stands or mounts.

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by modified, May 15, 2012.

1. modified

modified

I,m building a chopped & channeled '29 closed cab Ford pickup.
    I want to use '37 Ford taillights mounted to the upright section of the U channel around the rear of the bed.
    I know alot of cars are running '37 taillights, but I can't see how they are being mounted. Got any links or ideas? Thanks!

Attached Files:

2. dodgerodder

dodgerodder

I did something similar on my rpu. Wish I had some better close-up pics of the taillights mounted, but I can't seem to find any.

I bent up a bracket out of some 3/16" steel to mount the light to the u-channel of my model a bed. For better visibility I mounted mine up higher on the bed.

Here's a pic I found of the brackets after I got them chromed. The longer side of the bracket mounts to the taillight bucket, the short side bolts to the front-side of the u-channel:
    [​IMG]

Though this doesn't show a close-up of the bracket, it shows what they look like mounted up:
    [​IMG]

Sorry I don't have better pics, if you need any let me know & I can take them when I am at the shop this weekend. Cool truck you have btw!

Dan

Last edited: May 16, 2012
    kidcampbell71 likes this.
  3. modified

modified

Dan, The taillight buckets have two threaded mounting holes and between them a square hole with the wires. your brackets have two holes close together, how do they mount and where did you run the wires? I guess I don't get it!
    Thanks!
    Joe

kidcampbell71 likes this.