Register now to get rid of these ads!

Hey, my first hotrod build.

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by Mooseman, May 11, 2012.

1. Mooseman

Mooseman

Yeah I know what you mean now, the socal crossmember I am using has that built into it the center of the crossmember itself is actually tilted 7 degrees when sitting flat on the radiator mounts.

Last edited: May 13, 2012
  2. 31 Coupe

31 Coupe

Excellent, I looked at your photos again after posting and thought that could have been the case. I'll have to go and check my ASC one before I start construction. GB.

3. Mooseman

Mooseman

Well this week I will be able to get my gas for my welder and then I can do some welding and we can start seeing things taking shape.

4. zomb1e

zomb1e

subscribed and good luck!

im 27 and just starting my model a, all junk parts ( no realey, everything is fucking junk) pinched outa scrap bins and metal yards, i also have a very under standing boss, gave me a key to the shop (enzed hyd hoses) and said go for ya life!

5. Mooseman

Mooseman

For all you guys using model A rear crossmembers with a channeled body how much boot space do you guys have? I wasn't going to use an A rear crossmember but would be nice to minimise the rear kickup. Also what springs fit in an A rear crossmember do the latter flatter springs fit?

6. Mooseman

Mooseman

Well Its a very wet rainy day here in the river city, am very happy though I sorted out my gas rental today so will be welding soon. Awesome. I want to get the frame somewhat mocked up to determine ride height I don't want it to sit too high but not too low either looking for that in between sweet spot.

7. Mooseman

Mooseman

Do turkeys eat cheese? Only on tuesdays! Well I get my gas tomorrow so I can start putting the frame together and getting things looking like something and decide what might need changing or altering.

8. Mooseman

Mooseman

Interesting how things change over the course of a build, got some cool updates coming soon.

One update that I can show off right now are these American stamping deuce rails that I got for a great price.

[​IMG]

Also managed to get a 39 rear crossmember off of a mate of mine.