Register now to get rid of these ads!

Giving away my stuff. yup. come get it, but it does come with strings sorta

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by 1950coronet600hp, Mar 8, 2012.

1. ac duster

ac duster

vary cool hope gets a good home

2. okay, 2 people that backed out for the poor 50 dodge, I need someone to take her, I don't wanna give her to the scrap yard... no one wants the poor thing?

3. helples

helples
    from australia

i would love it but sadly i am in Australia :(

wish you the best of luck with everything hope you find her a good home :)

4. You are one hell of a guy!!!
    I barely have ever recieved anything for free but the few times i have it has felt soo Great!!

Good on ya!

5. 1950ChevySuburban

1950ChevySuburban
    Member Emeritus
    from Tucson AZ

Did you take the Dodge off your profile pics? I couldn't find it.
    Where in AZ are / were you?

6. Lone Star Mopar

Lone Star Mopar

I had a 50 Dodge 4dr and couldnt GIVE it away either! Neighbor ended up cutting it up in pieces and hauled nin for scrap. I'd hate to see another one go that same route.

7. squirrel

squirrel

I'm going to do recon today, I'll see if I can post pictures later. I hope the van will fit on my trailer! so I have a measuring tape with me.

8. good luck jim, if ya want the engine puller I made you can have that too...

9. squirrel

squirrel

It's there....looks kinda big compared to my trailer, according to my tape measure.

Attached Files:

10. ok last call on the dodge... gonna sell it and everything with it to the scrapper.......

11. ScottyVenture

ScottyVenture

PM sent.

Only issue is that I get back to Fort Hood, TX from Afghanistan the week of the Roundup.

12. squirrel

squirrel

Planning on pickup the van Monday. Should be an adventure....will be hauling it with my 57 truck.

13. hey jim do me a favor, take some pictures of the dodge stuff for me.. need to show folks what state its in. It occurred to me I never described the 50 dodges condition, body has almost no rust except for a couple little tiny holes (the size of a quarter) in the floorboard. the body is off the frame, and comes with a 01 dodge dakota chassis with a 9.25 rear with disc brakes all the way around, comes with an unnasembled machined 413 industrial (which has a forged crank and the RB 6 pack rods) .030 over pistons, 927? casting heads from a passenger car, edlebrock intake, carb, and a motor home 727 which I have been told has a 4 planetary gears instead of 3 which makes it stronger, never had it apart so I wouldn't know. also it has a new wiring harness. all it needs is wheels, and someone who sees the potential of the car. so please fellas, someone take this thing.

14. squirrel

squirrel

Ok, I'll try to remember! The body is nice on it....

15. ScottyVenture

ScottyVenture

Just figuring out the logistics of it all.

16. ScottyVenture

ScottyVenture

It looks liek you need it gone ASAP; I won't be back to FT Hood for another two weeks; and the wife won't be able to do it herself. And after talking it over, a serious project will be a problem if I come down on orders to move when I come back, which is likely.

I'd hate to see it scrapped but it's not in the cards for me right now. :(

17. my sons coming home from the Marine corps in 14 days permanantly and is looking for his first hot rod to build . the 50 dodge would be PERFECT for him. HINT HINT

18. 1950ChevySuburban

1950ChevySuburban
    Member Emeritus
    from Tucson AZ

That Dodge sounds like it deserves a good life, though I haven't seen any pics of it yet. Where in Arizona is it?

19. 1964countrysedan

1964countrysedan
    from Texas

You know pictures and a travelogue will be wanted...

20. Dang man....I have the acreage behind my house and I'd take that Dodge in a heartbeat, but being without a tow vehicle and trailer is killing me.

Anyone coming to the Roundup from or through AZ that can haul an old Dodge out to TX?

21. squirrel

squirrel

The Dodge body is off the frame, sitting on the ground....

[​IMG]

22. squirrel

squirrel

We made it up there and hauled the van home....that was a long drive!

It was snowing in Alpine.

The van just barely fit on my trailer, but it towed ok. The hills are fun with an old truck with a noisy old granny 4 speed. 3rd gear howls, and I got to use it all the way down and back up the Salt River Canyon.

I have some pics, I'll try to get them posted tomorrow.

23. Mike

Mike

"Endeavour to persevere" is what the Great White Father (The President) had said to Chief Dan George's character in The Outlaw Josey Wales. That was when he decided to make war on the white eyes.

24. squirrel

squirrel

A couple more pics of the dodge.

Attached Files:

25. Hemi Joel

Hemi Joel
    from Minnesota

What town is it in? Maybe my Dad would take it if it's not too far from Florence.

26. squirrel

squirrel

It's in St Johns. That's a little bit of a drive, almost 200 miles...highway 60 has several thousand feet elevation change too, going thru the Salt River Canyon.

27. Hemi Joel

Hemi Joel
    from Minnesota

He won't go that far, and especially won't tow thru the Salt river Canyon. Been there, done that. St. Johns isn't too far from Springerville. If I remember right, there is a boneyard there that parts out the old stuff rather than crush it. But that's been a while.

28. austinhunt

austinhunt

Man I would be glad to ONLY drive 200 miles for a car.... here its more like 3 or 4 hundred... for a can of one shot or even a small chance of a rusty flat head for wayyyy too much money.

This is a great thing to do... And how I got started on my project.

A guy named Alen gave me a sand blaster and carolina parts washer and pointed me to a Graham truck for cheap.... If I ever get the chance to drag another young guy into this hobby I will certainly share what I can because its the best way!

Thanks for keeping our hobby going for people like me.

29. still nothing, I have held out for as long as I can, to the junkyard it goes....

30. Nick Flores

Nick Flores

I can't believe nobody took that thing off your hands.