Register now to get rid of these ads!

Event Coverage Steel In Motion 5/19/2012 - Shadyside Dragway, Shelby N.C.

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by Geargoyle Curtis, Jan 4, 2012.

1. doc's

doc's

We'll be there Saturday morning....looking forward to seeing some friends & maybe a car or two.

2. Geargoyle Curtis

Geargoyle Curtis

3. Not to be missed!!! Campin' Friday and Saturday.....be there, be there...!! Camp SFCC!

4. toucan

toucan
    from sc

ill be there!curtis how bout the food?

5. Geargoyle Curtis

Geargoyle Curtis

Toucan, thanks for asking because I know the track`s concession stand got overwhelmed last year and folks had to wait in long lines, so we made some changes for this year`s show.

We will have two food vendors on hand this year. One will offer BBQ, the other vendor will have burgers, philly cheese steak and corn dogs.

There will also be a vendor offering carnival style treats and lemonaid.

6. hotrod_willie

hotrod_willie

It all must here. Me, Bill Reese, and Mike Myers are leave T and A truck stop in Burlington about 6:00 am. if anybody want to tag along let us know. We plan on go down 40 to Hickory shoot down from there. Hope we are blessed with nice weather and safe trip. Pease

Last edited: May 12, 2012
  7. chevydeucewagon

chevydeucewagon

I was at Quain Stott's shop today and he is busting his hump to finish his Willys gasser in time! I finished my son's bike and got my fender skirts primed. Come on weekend!!!:D

8. VOLKSWAGNUT

VOLKSWAGNUT
    from NC

Operation X is almost ready.....It will never be "done". Ill probably allways be modifying/changing something.... See youz guyz there..

[​IMG]

9. TUCKERBOY

TUCKERBOY

Vair 140 looks good in that vw , just wondering what supports the front motor mount or rear some call it? Can't wait for saturday its one of the best shows around !

10. toucan

toucan
    from sc

just got the sleeping bag out! still smells like burnouts from last year!

11. Turtle64

Turtle64

:D
    Nice! Isn't it too bad that they don't make air fresheners in that scent? Right next to the pinetree ones.

12. VOLKSWAGNUT

VOLKSWAGNUT
    from NC

Well drop by and have a look when you see it.:D
    It will be there make or break.

The rear of the flat 6 monster is on extra support I built. A 5 foot long 2x3 rectangular tubing....cantalever'd from the front of the transaxle on the poor ole' VW spine. Im sure the "140" Corsa engine feels like an elephant on its back.... but it sure pushes it pretty darn good.

13. four day and counting. BEER is on ICE 34 gassed up and girl friend making plans with her sister. I am ready.

14. toucan

toucan
    from sc

toilet paper, nitrous?

15. What was that Mom and Pop buffet place just off I-85 at the exit we use to go to the track? That place was awesome.

16. If anyone wants to assist in providing propane (small cylinders), I'm bringing my mini-grill. If there's enough interest, I have 2 of them!

PM me!

17. Colville

Colville

Dang wish I could make this show... Afghanistan all show season is no fun!

18. Check at about 1059 W. Floyd Baker Bkvd, Gafney, on google maps street view. I swear that looks like it, but it says 'Bronco Mexican Restaurant'. Don't know how old that picture is...

19. Just outta curiosity, what's closest ice supply? Didn't know if it's all the way back to town or maybe a store out in the track area. No big deal, just if someone happens know.

20. I stopped at convenience store/gas station coming in last year that was in Boiling Springs, maybe 5 miles from the track.

I was thinking the same thing.....gotta keep those steaks and sodas cold for Saturday night!

21. One of my friends family own the "Bronco" Mexican Restaurants in Gaffney. Not your typical Mom & Pop place but they got some good Mexican food! Thats where we ate after the show last year.

22. Yeah that's the place. We uncorked the headers there.

23. 32Gnu

32Gnu

Im looking forward to this event..
    My wife Mary's father is in ICU at Duke hospital.. Pray he makes it through the weekend guys.. He's stubborn like her so he should..seriously pray for him..

24. Not trying to jinx myself, but my truck is roadworthy and running well, so I plan on being there for Saturday.

25. toucan I went to walmart but I can't find nitrous in the singles will keep looking did get some tp

26. doc's

doc's

Getting excited about this myself.....wife is even a little excited.LOL

27. toucan

toucan
    from sc

sc harley tp is good enough, cant wait to see everyone saturday! they had ice at the track last year but bring your own!

28. Gnu, Prayers for your FIL! Hope to see you there, but family comes first!

29. toucan

toucan
    from sc

after work 2morrow helping plymouth pu get the brakes bled on the chevyII then heading to dollar general for a lawn chair slash sealy posterpedic one night bed! then pickup 3 cases of beverages cause edwierd says he is going to run out!i cant let that happen.