Register now to get rid of these ads!

Nor Cal and Central Cal Hambers !!!!Auction!!!!

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by 1oldtimer, May 6, 2012.

1. Just found this on craigslist......too bad I'm 7 hours away and have no room at home.
    Santa Cruz
    Check it out this Sat May 12 at 1:00pm it will be auctioned off.

http://www.aaauctions.com/auctions/catalogs/caprd/caprd.htm

I see the '32 Tudor and the #57 "mystery motor" is a flathead with a 2x2 and aluminum heads. Also a bunch of tools and shop equipment.....damn I need more room...and money :).

Last edited: May 7, 2012
  2. Jalopy Joker

Jalopy Joker

looks like one CanepaGirl talked of having for her Dad, Don Canepa, things

3. the hamb is so big now and posts drop pages quick. I'll have to find that one, I just wanted the stuff to find a good home.

4. bump for the weekend

5. CanepaGirl

CanepaGirl
    from Auburn, CA

No not us, this stuff is cool, ours is cooler, and you guys will be the first to know.

Bebe

6. BEAR

BEAR

i wish i could go

7. mlagusis

mlagusis

by the way they have the mystery motor listed I bet that someone could get that flat head for cheap...unless a bunch of people from here show up

8. Dane

Dane
    from Soquel, CA

Crap! It's just down the street, but I'm leaving town Thursday. :mad:

9. Jalopy Joker

Jalopy Joker

hope someone goes and gets some stuff

10. Tomorrow.............

11. corpsewheelie

corpsewheelie

man i really wish i could go, sadly i have a ton of stuff and work tomorrow

12. RickJames603

RickJames603

any more information on it? Would love to pick up a couple tools.

13. handmedown40limited

handmedown40limited
    from tracy ca

Wish I could go but sadly in the dog house for working to much. Leavin more would be bad and I don't think the auction place would be happy with my 3 kids running around .lol

14. handmedown40limited

handmedown40limited
    from tracy ca

Did anyone get to go? Really curious on prices

15. I am curious what the quarter midget at the end of the list looked like ..... I imagine some of the 43rd st Starbucks guys hit that sale .... lotza good stuff

16. The "mystery motor" was late 40's. Thukstun(sp) intake,and one 97,one 94 carb.It was complete though.Edel heads with a lot of cracked/missing fins.The bids went nuts quick,as a lot of guys,including myself were looking and actually went for a chance...He dropped $1500.Plus-add commision and CA tax.
    The sedan was real clean.The whole floor surrounding it was all parts. Wood kits,a 9'' rear,4 bars,2 sets of 35-36 wires w/ 8 new tires,transmissions,the original shell/grill,steering boxes.....and then some-like a new rebuilt 8ba shortblock.
    The truck-was a 33. But-not really shown in any pics was a CHERRY frame w/juice brakes,a Cherry grill,the bed,a re-pop dash and the front/rear ends.It was a puzzle looking to be put back together. I think $5600 was the hammer price.
    The race car stuff- There was A LOT. Several cars,motors,parts. The auctioneer started abot 30large. You could hear crickets at that point.
    The whole lot went for I believe 11K.
    I scored my drill press which I wanted,but the damn thing weighs about 200lbs. It will outlive me. All in all,a fun day.

17. Mr. Guylou

Mr. Guylou

32 Sedan sold for $7500 plus buyers fees and tax comes out right around $9250 and 33 truck went for $6000 plus fees comes out around 7 grand. The winners got some VERY VERY nice sheetmetal...but lay minds at rest NOBODY walked away with any steal deals if you catch my drift. Good deals were had ie: both parties happy and everything sold for what i would call fair market value...not tip top prices and not bottom dollar, but fair. Just wish i had 30 grand burning a hole in my wallet today,:rolleyes: id be one happy hot rodder!

18. corpsewheelie

corpsewheelie

well that makes me feel a little better that no one got steal deals, i would have been kicking myself in the family jewels if people were posting things like " i got that whole body for under 1000" haha.

19. dave lewis

dave lewis
    from Nampa ID

I could not be there in person..I had a spy on site..
    Funny thing is the 32 sedan is on our local craigslist this morning for... $15 K !
    Turns out I know the guy that bought it...
    Dave

20. handmedown40limited

handmedown40limited
    from tracy ca

I was more interested in the Kennedy tool boxes Amd machinist tools. Mill lathe stuff. I kinds figured everyone would be there for the cars

21. Yup, I was looking at the equipment also.....