Register now to get rid of these ads!

Event Coverage Golden Super Cruise - May 5th, Golden, CO

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by MikeRogers, Apr 22, 2012.

1. Ghost28

Ghost28

2. Gearhead Graphics

Gearhead Graphics
    from Denver Co

Good time, LOVE cad the impailer!

I also had a fun trip home, downpour, hail, no wing window, a couple faucet like leaks under the dash and my wipers kept shorting out and not working.

3. Well I know why the caddy lump sounded like a diesel!

two broken push rods, looks like the case hardening in the rockers gave way (They were replacements as part of a full engine kit) that then twisted the ends of the push rods!

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

I was going to replace the rockers anyway as I have a set of NOS Stude adjustables and NOS shafts, looks like i need some new pushrods. Think I will replace the lifters as well just in case they are suspect.

The never ending saga of hot rods!

4. Low57F100

Low57F100

good times.

i think i may have a valve train issue with my y block as well. i had her wound tight trying to beat the hail. got a pretty big tick now.

5. Ghost28

Ghost28

I hope everything is gonna be allright with your cars and truck. Chad had the blower screaming down the hiway and passing everyone, trying to beat the weather. We won this time, and only got a few drops on the way , but as soon as it was in the garage the hail came in. WHEW.

6. Gearhead Graphics

Gearhead Graphics
    from Denver Co

I lost the weather race terribly. with no wing window and a faucet over my foot i was soaked and pelted. cranked the defroster on full blast, had a 6 inch cicle to see out of when the wipers chose to work..... another thing to fix...

7. Low57F100

Low57F100

yah,i lost too. my truck has no wipers. i just pulled off and waited it out. when i restarted it the noise was pretty apparent. gonna pull the valves covers tommorow. still seemed to run ok.

8. 40StudeDude

40StudeDude

Dan and I got caught in that double accident traffic on 1-25 @ Alameda, fortunately, I was able to work my way over to the inside lane and got past it just as the rain started...couple more blocks and it was dry all the way home...no more than closed the garage door on both Caddys and it cut loose...just pea sized hail at my place,tho, not so bad.

Thot is was strange the weather in Golden was fine but on the east side of Denver it was storming...usually it's Golden that gets it first...aaaahhh wait, it's ColoRODo...

R-

9. Great time!! Lots of fun. PICTURES??? Did anyone take pictures?

10. Still working on my pictures - took around 1500, pared that down to 600...
    I'll start posting them up here in a bit.

11. Gearhead Graphics

Gearhead Graphics
    from Denver Co

Who belongs to the brown coupe with the orange wheels? Looks a lot like a nebraska car i remember

12. R A Wrench

R A Wrench
    from Denver, Co

Great batch of pictures here, THANKS! I talked to a few of the HAMBers in the church lot & got to put faces to the names. Gearhead, the 34 with orange wheels belongs to me, I'm the greybeard in the picture right below your question. We talked at the meet at Rockabillies. Mike of driven imagery, you do good work, I talked to you for a short time while you were shooting near the church & roundabout. Rick

13. pgj

pgj
    from aurora co.

Thought i might to come up after b-day dinner with the what-if. came out of the resterant downtown and it was pooring. maybe next month!

14. Gearhead Graphics

Gearhead Graphics
    from Denver Co

OK, RA, thats it I knew it was familiar for a reason. Also have a friend in Nebraska with almost the same colors on his.

15. jwcaddy

jwcaddy
    from golden,co.

Great pics Mike,the brown 53 ford is me and my daughter.We had a great time as usual and it seems like this thing gets bigger and bigger.Think I saw you walking around and was going to say hey but didnt.Hope it doesnt get shut down like lakewood did with colfax or longmont.Stayed in mickey ds until the rain was done and didnt see any hail luckily.Cant wait until june!!! Jason

16. Ghost28

Ghost28

We headed north when we saw the traffic back up, but was worried that we were gonna drive right into it. Got lucky I guess.

Good looking 53 we saw ya cruize through the church lot, but barely had time to say hi. A lot of cruizing going on.

Nice pics everyone.

17. Leadsled RnR

Leadsled RnR
    from CO

The Cruise was a great time as usual. Didnt stay too late though and took off just as the light show started up. Glad to hear everyone made it home safe!

18. newrider3

newrider3

Didn't get too many pics this time around, just cruised through all the parking lots on my BMX, then made a quick lap in my pickup. Lots of cool stuff out as per usual.
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

19. sololobo

sololobo

That orange trimmed 34 coupe is super bad ass! ~sololobo~

20. Low57F100

Low57F100

my issue turned out to be a plugged oiling hole for one rocker on the shaft. took out that rocker and the shaft. parts found and ordered i will be at the next cruise.

21. LSR 2909

LSR 2909
    from Colorado

Racer29,
    I saw your car there, took a snap shot!

Attached Files:

22. Man I gotta get rid of those sidepipes/headers. They are hideous!!!

23. Mercchev

Mercchev

Nice shots! I have a new avatar pic, Gracias!

Attached Files:

24. ratster

ratster

i see a greazy hubcapz drag tag on racer29 cdan... them greazies are everywhere lol

25. Just like santa claus, they're everywhere, they're everywhere.