Register now to get rid of these ads!

Features Does anyone actually use their hot rod truck?

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by indestructableforce, May 4, 2012.

1. Flipper

Flipper
    from Kentucky

Before
    [​IMG]
    After
    [​IMG]
    The flatbed makes a great work bench
    [​IMG]

2. NealinCA

NealinCA

Hauling trim for a kitchen remodel...

[​IMG]

and a swapmeet load...

[​IMG]

Neal

3. Rusty O'Toole

Rusty O'Toole

Norm Grabowski used his Kookie T to deliver eggs for his folks egg ranch. Is that cool enough? If he only had a case or half a case of eggs to deliver he would put them on the seat beside him. The T had a pickup bed but it was about the size of a bread box.

4. coupeguy2001

coupeguy2001
    from Phoenix

I bought my 57 chevy truck for $150 in '73. I fixed it so it'd run, and have been using it ever since. Since it finally got to me that the brakes were never gonna get any better, so I subframed it and added disc brakes and hydroboost. Now I only worry about people running into the back since I can stop so good. so it's messy hauling days are over, but it hauls tires, lumber, car parts, and I usually put down a tarp to keep from messing up the freshly painted bed. A show boat it's not.

[​IMG]

This is a pic of it with a bunch of car parts in back.

Last edited: May 5, 2012
  5. My old 37 Chevy truck was daily driver. Went all over, many trips to the junkyard or other hauling all kinds of stuff. Here is apic i have posted on HAMB before, but it is my truck towing the BFD.
    [​IMG]

JUNK ROD likes this.
  6. I've only had my '40 on the road for about a month, but it's made a couple of runs to the yard waste recycling center, hauled mountain bikes out for a ride and wheels over to the tire shop. When I was a kid, I used to haul brush in it when I would work with my uncle and help him clear some property that he had.

[​IMG]

7. D.R.Smith

D.R.Smith

Use mine to haul my boat ,tractor,broken Z3,parts,building supplys,and anything else.I won;t owen anything I can't use.

8. prpmmp

prpmmp

Love those WW!! It,s got a bed and I use it!! Pete:mad: Cant get my 37 pic to upload(computer dummy)

Attached Files:

Last edited: May 6, 2012
  9. RHOPPER

RHOPPER

Took the F1 to the lumber yard last week to pick up trees. My wife said we need to remind it that it's a truck from time to time.

10. 36tbird

36tbird

I am about to use the '36 stakebed to bring home bags of mulch. When Lowes said they would charge $65 to deliver, I decided I'd rather use the money to put gas in the stakebed and drive it back and forth.

11. 1arock

1arock

Isn't that kinda like going to the funeral home to see the doctor?:confused:

12. salf100

salf100

I'm on my to lowes right now to pick up some lumber for an art project! I ts my daily and I enjoy haul shit, but in style of course;)

13. I can't imagine not using my truck as a truck

Attached Files:

14. AnimalAin

AnimalAin

My '41 Ford is getting used as the daily driver now. It ain't much to look at, but is fun, and more than capable of hauling the stuff I need to get here and there.

15. It's an older picture, but anyway one of the reasons to have a pickup is, it is perfect for flea marketing!

Attached Files:

16. plymouthgoat

plymouthgoat
    from Wisconsin

Are you kidding!? I not only use my super clean 72 C10 for a work horse, but also it's my daily driver. I live in Wisconsin and even in the winter after the roads are plowed I'll drive it around town or to work. Not on the highway though as those Coker wide white bias tires barely have traction on dry roads! I've already used my hotrods as haulers too. I don't care about stone chips or bird poop! I have touch up paint and soap. The bed of my truck is used as it was intended. I haul car parts, materials and tools to remodel houses, scrap to the junkyard and garbage to the dump. I use it to help people move and it's lowered 3 in the back and 2 in the front so it looks cool moving stuff and hauling anything on my 20 foot car trailer. So you see, I don't just use the bed to haul, I use the truck to pull also. And if it were a 100,000.00 custom truck I'd still do the same. Don't know how to attach a picture of the truck here but it's on my profile.

Attached Files:

17. plymouthgoat

plymouthgoat
    from Wisconsin

Ah, I found out how to post the pic as you can see!!!!!

18. sawzall

sawzall

did..

[​IMG]

but its gone now..

19. Shown here with a yard of mulch for our gardens...

[​IMG]

Last edited: May 8, 2012
  20. junkyardjeff

junkyardjeff

My 37 is done hauling heavy loads since it worked from new up to the late 50s but will haul light swapmeet purchases,my latemodel 66 F250 is going to be for the heavy stuff.

Attached Files:

21. 2Loose

2Loose

Yeah, my '59 Apache goes everywhere, gets driven almost every day, and frequently has a motor, a tranny, motorcycle parts, construction materials, gear for the race track, it's very useful for me, and am fabbing a tow bar for a hitch so I can pull my old jeep trailer or a race car to the track with it.

[​IMG]

22. 48bill

48bill

Use mine most everyday as my work truck in my finish carpentry business. I do not have a generic vehicle. Wife does but I have the F-1 and my 48 Chev. Pic's a couple of years ago on the way to a good friends to build the frame for my 26 modified.

Attached Files:

23. That thing's slick. RPU dragster and the '37 Chevy. That RPU was in Hot Rod Magazine a while ago, wasn't it? That was one of the few issues that was actually worth reading. Hahaha.

24. Bigcheese327

Bigcheese327

Maybe someday:

[​IMG]

I envisioned this coated with un-sanded Rustoleum and set up to use the same way all those old guys use their beat up Rangers, S10s, and Dakotas.

25. I've got a '70 C10. It's on it's 4th or 5th engine now and it's 2nd Saginaw 3-speed. I've had it 2 years now and it's still not roadworthy (in my opinion but it'd easily pass inspection). The last motor was a 307 with a Mutha Thumpr cam, no torque. I put a 305 with an rv cam and qjet in it, now the accelerator pump went out. That trucks been a nightmare, I like C10s but don't think I'll ever buy another Chevy. I'm with ya tho, you gotta use em.

26. Sounds pretty cool but those S-10 motors sound terrible and run really rough, to me those old "iron dukes" are only good as a boat anchor, not enough torque either. I wouldn't mind something similar tho.

27. ukgav

ukgav

The tank in the bed of mine does limit space a little but it still gets used for hauling all sorts of things.
    Great for Christmas tree's. :)
    [​IMG]

Oh and bed is just the right size to store all the parts once I strip it for racing :D
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

28. Bigcheese327

Bigcheese327

Perhaps a Chevy II 153, then. I just figured the 2.5 had to be better than the 2.8 V6 I had in my S15; plus there's already an adapter to go from the S10 5-speed to a Model A torque tube.

29. hdman6465

hdman6465
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

Everything around here has to earn its keep, or its OUTTA here!

Attached Files:

30. Blue

Blue

AMEN to that!!! My '38's flatbed gets used for a workbench most weekends.