Register now to get rid of these ads!

Just spent a fortune on tires. Please tell me it's worth it!

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by atomickustom, Mar 26, 2012.

1. davidh73750

davidh73750

just checked out their website couple years ago before tires jumped they were 175/tire
    Your car looks so much better. are you going to be at dewey this wk end with her??

Last edited: May 4, 2012
  2. ShortBus

ShortBus

Keep an eye on the outer edges of your widewalls. Mine started peeling off; they turned from Diamondbacks into Port-a-walls after a few months.

3. Speed~On

Speed~On

Your new white walls look great and we're glad you're happy with them. I was anticipating an update from you stating just how much you love them, kinda saw this coming.:)

Sometimes it just takes a few days to get over that 'sick feeling' after dumping a load of cash. It was a good decision on your behalf and your car looks GREAT!

4. customrod48

customrod48

you'll be amazed at the ride difference...........

5. Jim J

Jim J

where is the 'like' button??

6. 49 lincoln

49 lincoln
    from reno

I just did the same thing. The ride is pretty sweet. The wife even said "it's a pleasure to drive"

7. hotrd32

hotrd32
    from WA

When your going down the road at 70 miles an hour and your life is riding on them, you will be thinking "that was a $1000.00 well spent"........looks good and yes it was! Never skimp on tires....... my 2 cents!

8. Taff

Taff

mt day told me that your tyres are the only part of your car that should be touching the tarmac, and so you should always got with the best you can get.
    and yours a WWW, thats asurely a double win!!

9. Looked great this weekend Dave!!! Enjoyed meeting you in person.

10. Black_Sheep

Black_Sheep

Don't cut corners on steering, tires or brakes. Good rubber can make such a big difference in how a vehicle rides and drives, always buy the best you can afford.

11. tfeverfred

tfeverfred
    Member Emeritus

Night and day. Great looking car.

12. atomickustom

atomickustom

I did make it to Dewey this past weekend, and I did love the tires so much that I kept wanting to get out and just stare at it.
    It was nice to meet you and your dad, drdave. Nice merc.

13. atomickustom

atomickustom

Mine are 205-75R-15 "DBII" (Toyo) with 2 3/4" whitewall. I paid for the extra quarter inch and I'm glad I did, but if I understood correctly going to 3" or wider means running at 44 psi all the time.
    Seeing how tall they are, I could have gone for 205-70 or 195-75 I think. The 195s would really have looked close to the original bias tires.

By coincidence a friend of mine that I hadn't spoken to for a few months just put the Diamond Back "Fury" tires on his Merc. They do look more like a modern tire (rounder, not so tall and skinny), but otherwise about the same and he is happy with his, too.

14. Lild

Lild

Spent $800 putting tires on my wifes van last year. Wouldnt think twice about spending that for my old car. If youre gonna spend the money anyways you may as well get what you really want.

15. 49 lincoln

49 lincoln
    from reno

I got the xtra wide white option and have them at 44 psi. It really made it easier to turn the wheel when stopped or in parking situations. No power steering required.