Register now to get rid of these ads!

350 vortec 400+hp build

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by v8nova64, Apr 28, 2012.

1. v8nova64

v8nova64
    from !!

Found a reman Lt4 Hot cam for $160. Here is the link. Do i need the long pin? I assume i dont need the optispark or feul pump lobe?

2. Roothawg

Roothawg

I didn't read all of the replies, but look up Car Craft Feb 2009. It will answer all of your questions.

3. Motorbreath

Motorbreath

No, it will not affect compression, done wrong you will loose power, and a die grinder would be much more effective than the dremel.

4. HamD

HamD

The step-down on the front face of the cam is for a factory retainer plate on an 87-up block. That's compatible with your 96-up retainer plate.

The LT1 and LT4 had a couple different pin lengths due to changes in the optical distributor. If you're not running a distributor off the front of the cam, you can remove or drive in the pin.

Choose the cam that will make the best torque under the curve in the useful rpm level. The LT4 HOT is a fun cam but if a custom grind can gain you torque across useful rpm, why compromise?