Register now to get rid of these ads!

Spot Lamps Install on a Chopeed 51 Mercury

Discussion in 'New to the H.A.M.B.? Introduce yourself here!' started by MercmanJoe, Apr 30, 2012.

1. MercmanJoe

MercmanJoe
    from Michigan

Hello Everyone; I am in need of some advice. Just bought a 51 Mercury chopped 6" and purchased (2) new Unity Mercury Spot Lamps to install. The car at one time had spots but was redone with them removed. Since the roof is chopped and the car is custom, of course the Unity lamp installation template does not work. I was wondering if one of you 51 Mercury owners has gone thru the installation process and can provide some dimensional help to locate the lamps for drilling thru the A pillar. I don't want to mess this up so am seeking some professional guidance before drilling. The driprail has been removed down at the front edge of the door (stops toward the top of the door). The bottom of the Unity template says to match it up to the cowl but it seems to put the hole template too high. I would appreciate any help.
    Mercman Joe

2. MistGreen50

MistGreen50
    from Belen,NM

not to sound like a dick but the "Unity" spotlamps that you bought are not going to achieve the look im sure you are going after.You want to get some Appleton 552's or 112's but they are pricey.....

3. cederholm

cederholm

Welcome Joe,

Great that your first post is where it belongs - in the Into section - but might I suggest that you tell us a little more about yourself and your car here and repost your spotlight question on the main forum. It will get a lot more exposure there.

~ Carl

4. SaltCoupe

SaltCoupe
    from Indiana

^What he said and...Welcome to the H.A.M.B.

5. yetiskustoms

yetiskustoms

Welcome from Oregon!

6. welcome, no help from me on the lights. I would ike to see the car in question tho.

7. Mercman Joe...Yes,Please tell us a little about YOURSELF....Read the "sticky" at the top of this page,,,follow HAMB protocol.....Introduce YOURSELF,,,we all know now that you have a 51 Merc..

8. Barz51

Barz51

Hey Joe,
    Welcome from Michigan! Where in The Mitten State are you located? Let's see some pictures of that Mercury!

9. tommyd

tommyd
    from South Indy

Welcome from Indy.

10. HuffDaddy

HuffDaddy

Hi Joe. Where are you from in Michigan? Welcome from Northville, MI. Good luck w/ your Merc.