Register now to get rid of these ads!

Demon 98 nostalgic 2 bbl carbs

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by racerboy79, Apr 25, 2012.

1. Does anyone have any experience with Demon 98 2 bbls? Seem to be rich but Demon tech said my 7psi fuel pump is ok, also he said screw down the float adjusters but they were bottomed out from the factory. He then said remove the tops and bend the tabs that limit the float movement. Haven't done that yet, anyone have any ideas. I can't get the timing any less than 25 degrees advanced or the engine starts loading up as though I am letting the clutch out with the brakes on. Thanks Phil

2. jamesgs4

jamesgs4
    from denver

this board goes to sleep early, you will get responses in the early morning.

3. bob t!

bob t!
    BANNED

I run two Demon 98's on my 241 + ..030 Dodge hemi. While it does run rich at idle I have none of the problems your having and runs fine. The floats are set at the stock height and I do use a fuel pressure regulator to reduce it down to 3.5 lbs. Non progresive linkage. Ignition problems ?

4. bob t! I think you may be onto something with the 3.5 lbs. The tech support is a place called Allstate Carbs up in Jersey. He has told me that the 7lbs. that mine is at now is ok. I put a press. gauge in line to check it but I don't have a regulator in line. I have one laying around but as for where I could install it is a good question. May have to just put it in line to set press. then remove it again. Thanks, Phil

5. killa fab

killa fab

any more on this? I just ran across the demon 98 carbs and thought they were cool as far as a better alternative with more modern technology. And that i might actually be able to tune them! ha