Register now to get rid of these ads!

which mounts work best for 68-302 in a 54 merc?

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by Shoprag, Apr 24, 2012.

1. Shoprag

Shoprag

I've read thru a couple of different post, I was told you could wallow out the stock motor mount wholes on the cross member if you ran 69 bronco mounts? I am running a c4. A little help, maybe some pics? Thanx

2. Shoprag

Shoprag

3. Well, this may or may not help, but I just installed a 68 302 and c4 into a 57 Ford wagon. A place called Butch's Cool Stuff provided a nice kit that made everything bolt in. I believe thay have kits for a 54 also.

4. lukey

lukey

If its the same frame mount as a 58 with a 223, i used 84 mustang mounts in the original 223 frame mounts...the aod used a 2000 f150 trans mount in stock crossmember location. No modifications on anything! 84 stang exhaust manifolds and down pipes too.

-LUKEY-

5. EchoOfGecko

EchoOfGecko

Pretty sure the '54 Merc is the same as the Ford, in which case 1986 Lincoln MKII mounts (Anchor part # 2725 (L) and 2726 (R)) should work. I think they are the same as the Mustang 5.0 mounts lukey posted above, but the 5.0 Mustangs had a tall version for most models and a short version for the convertables, so asking for '86 Linc mounts at the parts store might be easier. Also, you may have to slot the stock frame hole to allow some positioning adjustment of the engine, but it's very easy. Energy Suspension Part # 4-1104G should work for the trans mount.

Check out the FAQ link in my signature for lots more info. Also, sign up for the '52-'59 Ford group, there's a bunch of guys who have done that swap and posted up build logs with pics.