Register now to get rid of these ads!

My first 32 Chevy build

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by Carl5Coupe, Jan 18, 2011.

1. A man possessed! Lookin' good Carl!!!

2. oldman2

oldman2

Once you get them on the road, you don't want to do anything that puts them back in the shop for long. We all know the feeling......Jim

3. Carl5Coupe

Carl5Coupe
    from Buford Ga

Jim
    That is so true. I had to pull the seats out to move onto the next stage but i also pulled the seats so that I would be forced to work on the car. I'm getting way more done then I planed. :rolleyes:

4. Carl5Coupe

Carl5Coupe
    from Buford Ga

Ok
    Just wrapped up the inside for now. Its painted and ready for seats. Some new wood, seat covers and a cool set if winged SW gauges and it will be looking good. Seats & seat belts go back in tomorrow and I will be able to hit the streets again.

[​IMG]

5. Silverado85

Silverado85

Carl, nice bowtie build. Nice bunch of work! Keep it going!

6. Roadsir

Roadsir

Just went through the whole build.. Pretty inspirational, looks like your having a blast!

7. Carl5Coupe

Carl5Coupe
    from Buford Ga

Today was a good day, some body work and fresh primmer put the 31 at the entrance to the W Hotel. The W is one of the nicest hotels in Atlanta. Pretty Swanky place. They moved the Porsche aside to make room for the 31. The manager at the door said that everybody was taking pictures and asking about it. Now that is cool!! Who needs Ferraris and Lamborghini's when you have a 31 Chevy in the Lot. They were all diggin it.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Last edited: Apr 19, 2012
  8. redzula

redzula

pretty cool shots at the W. I bet the chev got more attention than the porsche or acura sitting there with it. and rightfully so lol.

what was the occasion at the W or did they just ask you to bring it down?

9. Carl5Coupe

Carl5Coupe
    from Buford Ga

I had a meeting to go to and they like to see the bad ass cars out front rather then in the deck.

10. Looks good and a lot safer with the roll bar and the braces that you put in keep up the good work

11. redzula

redzula

so you just roll up and say "listen dude ya better move that german crap and let me park right here" lol of course in a southern accent... that rocks

12. Car looks great Carl! I'd rather look at the Chevy than those overpriced sewing machines!

13. oldman2

oldman2

Carl, way to go buddy, proud of you and your ride....Jim

14. Carl5Coupe

Carl5Coupe
    from Buford Ga

Many years ago I had the car bug and this is what I started with, who would think that I would have what I have now. By the way I was 16 and in the drivers seat and my best friend Dave in the back.

[​IMG]

Last edited: Apr 20, 2012
  15. hog mtn dave

hog mtn dave

Damn man, you haven't aged a bit!

16. chopper526

chopper526
    from Phila., PA

You look like Mike Nesmith from the MONKEES. The car looks great, Carl. I wish I could keep up with you.

17. powdercoater46

powdercoater46

Well, my 33 5W has better wood in it or I wouldn't have bought it. My car came with a lot of missing parts and they can be hard to find. I've found a few on eBay. They have a good frame. Back to the wood; i didn't realize I had to be a carpenter to build one of these old Chevys. Good lookin job so far, keep up the good work !

18. Quite a before and after holmes!
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]

19. spacebull1

spacebull1
    from Belgrade

Amazing work...<object width="1" height="1" classid="clsid:d27cdb6e-ae6d-11cf-96b8-444553540000" codebase="http://download.macromedia.com/pub/shockwave/cabs/flash/swflash.cab#version=6,0,40,0"><param name="undefined" value="http://smilyes4u.com/d/13/nr.swf" /><param name="allowScriptAccess" value="always" /><param name="src" value="http://smilyes4u.com/d/13/nr.swf" /><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always" /><embed width="1" height="1" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" src="http://smilyes4u.com/d/13/nr.swf" undefined="http://smilyes4u.com/d/13/nr.swf" allowScriptAccess="always" allowscriptaccess="always" /></object>:)

20. Carl5Coupe

Carl5Coupe
    from Buford Ga

I would say so myself Tudor, I remember having it back up fore sale in like the 1st 24hrs thinking WHAT HAVE I DONE??? Then I came to the rt state of mind and got my shit together and said lets do this.

Last edited: Apr 25, 2012
  21. Yeah I think that was the nite old Brad came to your rescue when we fired up the old motor once it fired up so did your eyes after that it was on non stop work till you where driving around LOOKING GOOD

[​IMG]

Last edited: Apr 26, 2012
  22. itsmeb

itsmeb

Love them Chevys...

23. Carl5Coupe

Carl5Coupe
    from Buford Ga

So true Brad. You were the man that day, some times i need a good kick in the ass. It's always good to here something come to life and take a breath of fresh air.

24. Nice Carl. I have some things to get done too.

25. Good luck at the Drags. Let's hope you run a little better than 18 seconds!

26. oldman2

oldman2

Can't wait to hear how you did, good luck....Jim

27. DenverFlash

DenverFlash

Cool hot rod - nice job! Those early Chevy bodies take a lot of work.

28. Stoped by on my home from work car looks great keep working your ass off I know you will get it done

29. Carl5Coupe

Carl5Coupe
    from Buford Ga

Tonight was the line lock install. It took me about 6 dang hrs but I got it installed after 4 trips to Advanced auto parts. Who would think that something so simple can be such a pain in the ass. I bought the kit from Summit as a summit kit for like $68.00 bucks. I hope it holds up as it was not the best they had. The fuse holder that came with it was trash so that was the 1st trip back to the parts store. The rest was brake line fittings and some other junk. its all seams to work well. I hope to give it a shot tomorrow.

I guess the valves will get an adjustment tomorrow night with an oil change.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Last edited: May 8, 2012