Register now to get rid of these ads!

Pate Swap Meet

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by Model A Gomez, May 12, 2011.

1. Model A Gomez

Model A Gomez

Went to the Pate Tx swap meet, lots of great stuff, here are some pictures. Walked 17 miles in three days and didn't make it through everything, 14 roads about a mile each plus cars across the road. You can ride bicycles, minibikes in the morning and they rent electric carts. Well worth the trip, our third year there.

Attached Files:

2. Lobucrod

Lobucrod
    Alliance Vendor
    from Texas

Been buying and selling at Pate for about 25 years now. Biggest one in our part of the world. I fould a truck load of bargains this year. Brought home way too much stuff.

3. Ive been going for 21 yrs buying and selling.

4. been setting up a space or two for 33 years now....always look forward to seeing the friends we've made over the years....it's not so much about the money....

5. dclickster

dclickster

Pate is great! Out of respect, long time coordinator/worker & good friend, Don Currie of the Pate staff has just passed, as a result of an auto accident. He was involved with the meet since its beginning in the early '70's. He will be missed.

6. loco 52 ragtop

loco 52 ragtop

been going there for eight years in a row and in a wheelchair

7. Mr48chev

Mr48chev
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

I went to the meet in the early 70's when it was on the grounds of the Museum. That was the first swapmeet I ever went to and the first one I ever sold at. I showed up one year with my panel loaded down with stuff and just enough cash to pay the fee for the space. I sold almost everything I took and bought almost as much stuff as I sold to haul back.
    I'd love to go down to it again.

8. ammiller83

ammiller83

How is the pate swap meet on thursday are they going to be lot of people out selling stuff?

9. Lobucrod

Lobucrod
    Alliance Vendor
    from Texas

Thursday can be pretty busy. I'll be setting up on Wednesday and taking the second load Thursday AM.

10. shortbusted

shortbusted
    from texas

What does cart rental run?

11. 59SWB

59SWB

Last year it was 85 bucks for an all day rental! We set up every year. Thursday is actually deal day if your early!

12. slammed

slammed

What out for Jrstock. He kin be a Jrshark when wheelin'-n-dealin'.

13. James Curl

James Curl

I drive a cart pulling a trailer for parts hauling and I can tell you that Thursday is dealer dealing day, you will see a pair of doors on the top side of the meet and see the same doors on the lower side of the meet with the price raised by $50.00 or more. Thursday is the most fun day of the meet for me. I start hauling parts Wednesday afternoon, Wednesday and Thursday are the best days to drive the cart, Friday and Saturday has too many people you have to watch out for and they walk the width of the streets so you have to be very careful, a little stressful and you cannot be looking all around for parts for yourself while you drive.

Last edited: Apr 20, 2012
  14. cabriolethiboy

cabriolethiboy

I am going to make my first trip down there next week. Leaving Indiana on Wed morning and driving straight thru. Can't wait. Anything I should know?

15. dragrcr50

dragrcr50

ill make a one day out of it too........................

16. Lobucrod

Lobucrod
    Alliance Vendor
    from Texas

Wear comfortable shoes. Sun screen wont hurt. Umbrella or poncho comes in handy. Oh yeah, bring money.....lots of it.

17. That chevy pickup has great patina.

18. Trends

Trends
    from Austin

Trying to find someone going to Pate from Austin to deliver a trunk lid to a guy to save him a trip ....Any help...Thanks.... Laura