Register now to get rid of these ads!

What should I do with this???

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by brajaboy, Apr 19, 2012.

1. brajaboy

brajaboy

Ok I need some ideas,

I just picked this up. Traded a 1200cc Buell for it. it runs and drives , so I dont really want to get into painting it right now, or ever. i just want to drive it. It has these colors right now, which are not my choice in color combinations.. Maybe if they the other way around. So I am looking for a cool thing to do to this car with these existing colors in the way of panel striping or outlining it. I am not very good with photoshop but here is my idea. I would love to see what you guys can come up with.

[​IMG]

2. pinkynoegg

pinkynoegg

pinstripe it and call it a day

3. GREASER815

GREASER815

Get rid of that mirror

4. brajaboy

brajaboy

Yes I already did... holy f**k those were ugly, I am not a huge fan of painting the entire car one color. Morrors bumpers grill.. everything. So I am gonna strip the bumpers and the grill, give it a good cleaning and go from there..

5. KustomCars

KustomCars
    from Minnesota

6. polish the bumpers up, have someone sling some lines on it and enjoy it.

7. brajaboy

brajaboy

i forgot to say first order after the clean is drop it. blocks in the back and cut springs in the front, probably new shocks after that..

8. Squablow

Squablow

Can you post a pic or two without the lines on it? That would help. Also if you're considering doing an outline type paint job like you have laid out there, don't ever follow the vertical door openings. Along the rockers, belt line, around trim and body lines looks good but you don't want to highlight your door jambs.

9. They're all wrong! You should send it directly to me in NC so you won't have to bother with it! :D

10. i could think of alot to do with it if it were mine but my taste and yours probabbly isnt the same

11. brajaboy

brajaboy

here you go. Great and thanks for the tips! have at her. I want to do something with the colors that are on it already and something easy (like panel striping or "watsoning" if thats even a word) that i could do paint wise in a day.. Yes i can paint.. Not a master, but am pretty good.

[​IMG]

12. brajaboy

brajaboy

have at er, but stick to the colors. i am open...

13. Slick Willy

Slick Willy

Dont let Dr.Katz do your photoshop!!

[​IMG]

14. Mr48chev

Mr48chev
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

I'd sand it down and get it one shade of primer or tinted primer first before doing anything else. Then strip what ever paint is on the bumpers off and see if they will polish up a bit. Unless that is just dirt on not so shiny paint and not as rough as it looks.won't take a lot to make a nifty cruiser out of it though.

15. brajaboy

brajaboy

it is just dirt it is much cleaner now but cant get a good shot of it in my driveway cuz i share it whith my neighbor. so its white and tan (smooth) that needs a cut and buff to bring back the shine.

16. Atwater Mike

Atwater Mike

I'd call that a SCORE!!! YES, polish the bumpers, and do a nice one-color primer: then go from there.

The body looks straight...inasmuch as it's a wagon, it is much more forgiving for having 4 doors.
    A 'scallop' job could be done in a day...just be sure they run horizontally, and don't get too 'busy'. (Less is more)

17. Friend of mine had the identical car. Put a set of rally wheels on it with disc brake caps and drove it like that forever.

18. Babyearl

Babyearl

No,, send it to me,, I'm closer:D:D

19. looks like my old ride...

Attached Files:

• wagon.jpg
      wagon.jpg
      File size:
      63.5 KB
      Views:
    • 55.jpg
      55.jpg
      File size:
      35.9 KB
      Views:
  20. 56sedandelivery

56sedandelivery
    Member Emeritus

Two guys want you to send it to them, I'LL COME AND GET IT! 60's style Junior Stocker streeter. Do they still make Buell's? Buitch/56sedandelivery.

21. 3spd

3spd

[​IMG]

Here is a quick-n-dirty just for some ideas. Click the image for a larger view.

Ryland

22. I agree with what he says!

23. brajaboy

brajaboy

i love wagons... and i love your old one...

24. Nope, In their infinite wisdom Harley closed the factory, even though they said it was profitable. They wanted to concentrate on selling 1930's style bikes to old guys and posers who will buy tons of chrome and "cruise" down the hiway, where a long ride is 20 minutes to the bar. Where they then impress their buddies with their fresh tattoo's and assless chaps on a 100° day, all while sporting the latest Harley Dealer T Shirt and jewelry.

25. brajaboy

brajaboy

not gonna happen 56sedandelivery.. I love this thing! I have always loved wagons.. Yes they just started making buells again. Mine was a 99 thunderbolt stage 2 chip and would pull power wheelies in third gear! sport tourning model I picked up for 2k and this guy was asking 4k for the wagon. straight trade we done there! it runs drives stops.. I am not a huge fan of scallops have only seen a couple of styles I liked. I really like as I just come to find out its called "watson panels" or as an old painter I know calls it panel striping or outlining. I love the idea not to follow the vertical lines. but can´t come up with a good pattern for it. Which is why I ask you guys..

26. 40FordGuy

40FordGuy

Wash it, enjoy it, and drive it............ I'd guess that you won't see another one exactly like it,........

4TTRUK

27. jazz1

jazz1

Any shade of purple,,nice car, how's this..get gramma/wife/ girlfriend (that'll get you in their good books)to pick the colour then you don't have to burn your brains trying to get it right,,,you just have to lay down the paint..

28. mikeallcars

mikeallcars

29. goose-em

goose-em
    from Louisiana

My wifes dream ride. Clean it, buff it, pinstripe if you prefer. Clean those bumpers off.

Get rid of the mirror which I think you already did.

Drive and enjoy.

There is just something about those long roofs.......

30. Well, sort of - Eric Buell has started a new company - Eric Buell Racing and is building a high end bike, the 1190RS, which has nothing to do with the old Buells - but is way cool. http://www.erikbuellracing.com/motorcycles/1190rs/ and quite pricey - $39,995 IIRC