Register now to get rid of these ads!

Art & Inspiration The Photoshop thread to end all Photoshop Threads!

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by Pair O' Dice, Oct 10, 2008.

1. monsterflake

monsterflake

anybody feel like making an extended cab pickup (including the 1st side window) out of this van? i think sliced off at the top body lined and the back door/widows move up to close the cab, but leave the lower double doors in the back. thanks.[​IMG]

2. Rot 'n Kustom

Rot 'n Kustom

It would help greatly if you washed your car and took another photo.

Just curious, how are you planning to paint your car?

3. Btrsweet

Btrsweet
    BANNED

[​IMG]

4. mrjynx

mrjynx
    BANNED

Dunno if i got that right but you guys do ask for some weird shit sometimes.

[​IMG]

5. easyissy

easyissy

Anybody else want to take a stab at this? Maybe different style scallops.
    Thanks in advance!!!

6. mrjynx

mrjynx
    BANNED

^^ I think the green would look good with silver scallops.

some simple scallops with a say lace roof.
    [​IMG]

7. Btrsweet

Btrsweet
    BANNED

Did this real quick

[​IMG]

8. critterTHB

critterTHB
    from Phoenix Az

This is a great thread with lots a talent And kick ass cars..If any of you photoshop masters would like to try your hand with my Merc I would like to see it with these two colors not two tone but solid .. A custom 51 grill and frenched headlights roofline stainless and belt line stainless thanks

Attached Files:

9. N.Ozols

N.Ozols
    from Latvia

here you go; got a little further too, in a very blurry way

Attached Files:

10. brajaboy

brajaboy

thanks! looks like you cleaned up the car too! the colors go good together but I am not a fan of purple. and i want more of a panel striping look not scallops. Maybe if it was lowered it would look better.. but wow.. amazing what you can do with photoshop

11. duke7427

duke7427
    from Colorado

Can somebody Taildrag this with some skirts and white walls. I'm thinking it might make the grandpa car look good!

Attached Files:

12. Awesome thank that gives some ideas!

13. Phinney

Phinney

My little girls are hoping for flames :eek: Any ideas would be great! There is a chrome "checkmark" that runs along the side of the car that'll be put back on. And please, forgive the wheel covers, they were from a neighbor with good intentions..

0314121751acomp.jpg

14. mrjynx

mrjynx
    BANNED

was meant to be red, its just my eyes.
    from the first picture it looks like the whole cars in a blueygrey primer.

15. brajaboy

brajaboy

yeah, i know buts its actually white. it was just dirty, this shot is when we pulled it out of his garage after sitting for 8 years. i have washed it since but its sitting in my driveway and cant get a good shot of it because my driveway is connected to my neighbors and their car is in the way..

16. BruceT

BruceT
    from Abbotsford

thx Dave, I never thought of bobbing the bed,that sure balances the truck out.
    I like the look a lot..thank you
    bruce

17. mrjynx

mrjynx
    BANNED

okay this time i just sorta drew over what you did.

[​IMG]

with red roof

[​IMG]

and just white base to mess with.

[​IMG]

Last edited: Apr 20, 2012
  18. monsterflake

monsterflake

thanks guys, that's awesome!

19. brajaboy

brajaboy

the one with the red roof is getting close. how about with the same colors it has already I think they all go well together no? you know the other thing that kinda sucks about this is that I like it in just plane white but have three white cars already.. a 73 porsche (with with black accents) a 66 mercedes thats pearl white and now this. so thats why i really want to do something cool to it without having to paint the whole car.. i found this in my local craigslist by chance just now...

[​IMG]

now this is what I am talking about! i want to do something like this. Obvioulsly this is allot of work but something simpler with outlines... or maybe doing it with the red or another color?? its gotta work with the white and tan or beige color though.

20. DadsBlueFord

DadsBlueFord
    from Hayden, ID

That's great, thanks! Gives me some great ideas! The copper is a little browner than I'd do but definitely gives me an idea of what I want to do. I'm leaning toward a color like this, LOVE IT!:
    [​IMG]

21. DadsBlueFord

DadsBlueFord
    from Hayden, ID

Nice, I like it! Any chance of swapping the colors, and making the lighter one more of the burnt orange/copper like the 55 (56?) above?

Thanks!

22. Rot 'n Kustom

Rot 'n Kustom

Hope Grandpa likes it!

[​IMG]
    DragginTail by DaveTartaglia, on Flickr

23. 51ChevPU

51ChevPU
    from Arizona

Rocketbob

I like the subtle chop on the Hudson, but I need a little better explanation of how you would do the chop. When you say the chop happens above the drip rail and thru the windshield, what exactly do you mean.

24. rocketbob

rocketbob
    from West Texas

Wish I knew how to post an animated picture, but if you right click and save this picture and 54Caddy's orginal and then open them in your picture viewer and switch from 1 to the other it should be easier to see what I did. The cut would be just above the drip rail (rain gutter) and then across the windshiel opening and just above the stock back glass. I cut enough height out of the windshield opening to bring the top of the windshield in line with the top of the side windows. I also reshaped the windshield opening to make the top of the windshield run even with the bottom. The orginal picture the center of the windshield runs up hill. Then the stock back glass was laid forward to meet the lower roof line. The side galss is still stock height. Hope this makes sense if not let me know, but like I say get both pictures and go back and forth and you will be able to see the top move.

25. SouthUrn

SouthUrn
    BANNED
    from US

Removing roof material above drip rail, although technically sectioning, is also referred to as pancaking. Either way not 'chopping'.

26. duke7427

duke7427
    from Colorado

27. eddyhartley

eddyhartley

RocketBob, that is a great picture! stunning.

28. Mats W

Mats W

Thanks for your efforts man, I really dig the subtle touches like the grille swap and the extended strakes - would perhaps prefer it lower though :)

29. Rot 'n Kustom

Rot 'n Kustom

I created a low version, but forgot to post it!

[​IMG]
    GalaxieWagon04low by DaveTartaglia, on Flickr

30. rocketbob

rocketbob
    from West Texas

51 Chevy, this picture may make more sense than my explaination. The part of the roof in blue was lower, everything that is the orginal color has not been cut. From here to the finished picture I next raised the windshield opening at the outer corner. It was raised just enough to level the top of the opening with the bottom and to align the corner with the side windows, next I laid the fron of the rear window forward and filled the gaps. The closer to vertical the area just above the drip rail is the less the roof would have to be widened to fit.[​IMG]