Register now to get rid of these ads!

Dodge A100-Channeled & bagged!

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by KSNPVMT, Mar 28, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. KSNPVMT

KSNPVMT
    from St George

Little progress today....and the radiator finally showed up so will get on that right away....

Attached Files:

2. bonez

bonez
    from Slow lane

Anymore updates? and where does the radiator mount?

3. KSNPVMT

KSNPVMT
    from St George

Had to make my mounts. Mounts the same just had to add the material to the sides. Been busy on other stuff and will get back to this this weekend.

4. Van Dutch

Van Dutch

Mad fucking genius.

5. brandoni

brandoni

Really cool build. Some great talent. I really like the rear setup for the tank, compressors, battery, etc.

6. yetiskustoms

yetiskustoms

i second that..... go to show anything can look cool lowered, almost anything.... nice work though, looks killer:D

7. RayVan

RayVan

Killer ride man. Great job

8. bob-o

bob-o

This van is awesome. I'm diggin' your work!

9. srs1

srs1

pretty fuckin cool

10. KSNPVMT

KSNPVMT
    from St George

You guys are too kind!

11. erock805

erock805

awesome work...Ill be up to take delivery... v8?

12. KSNPVMT

KSNPVMT
    from St George

Looking for a V8 before it gets paint. Anyone know if a 318c.i. will bolt up to this auto tranny?

13. brajaboy

brajaboy

Sick.. and I thought my van was cool... shit. I don´t where St George is, but i do know where there are 318´s here in LA. I have one in mine.

14. daddio211

daddio211

Troy I'll put the word out to the car club if you want.

15. RodStRace

RodStRace

Depends. The early ones used a V8 bellhousing transmission with an adapter. Later ones used a /6 bellhousing trans. Take a look at where the starter is located. If it is up high, it's a /6 trans. If it's lower than the crank centerline, it's got the adapter and will bolt up. The adapter is worth bucks.
    With a 100, you are limited to the short tailshaft housing trans, so your driveshaft isn't too short.
    I just dropped off a pair of them to the college for rebuild. A BB one and a SB one. The bell is different for them too.
    If you are not going to use this as transportation, you might as well go big. If you want a real nice small block, take a look for a later model magnum. They can be installed with the EFI or retro-fitted to standard small block ignition and a manifold/carb. If you really can't find a trans, I may be able to get one to you, but we are on opposite sides of that big hole in the ground.

SLANT SIX (manual bell, just showing the pattern)
    [​IMG]
    SB Mopar
    [​IMG]
    BB Mopar
    [​IMG]

Attached Files:

16. daddio211

daddio211

I've been both ways to and from Prescott.... Why can't they just build a damn straight road? It'd only take an hour to drive it then!

17. RodStRace

RodStRace

I forgot to mention, there are other things involved in a /6 to V8 swap.
    With the work you have done, it's probably no big deal, but here goes...
    Throttle linkage or cable? Cable may work, linkage will not. Do not forget the throttle pressure or 'kickdown' linkage is different too.
    Radiator - lower outlets swap.
    trans cooler lines may need tweaking, shifter cable should be fine.
    Minor wiring differences.
    Body-to-engine mount brackets are different. Ths was posted on the Yahoo group, I grabbed the pic.
    [​IMG]

The 360 uses a different engine bracket. You can modify yours or get the right one. Here's a pic from an auction.
    [​IMG]

18. RodStRace

RodStRace

19. RodStRace

RodStRace

I figure it keeps the riff-raff out! :D
    Maybe you have a pilot friend that could hop over and pick it up?

20. KSNPVMT

KSNPVMT
    from St George

Thank you! That is a huge help! I figured i would build my own motor mounts so it can be as high as possible. I will be giving you a shout when i get closer to it.
    I just want a small block cuz im gonna drive it as much as possible...but i also want it to have a carb and vintage dress parts. when i go on a long cruise i want to be able to fix it in some small town if needed! lol

Last edited: Apr 21, 2012
  21. RodStRace

RodStRace

At least you can air it up and down to set height!;)
    The mounts probably won't change that much. You still have the frame/center of the floor higher, so you should be able to hang it at the regular height. Raising it would mean the doghouse and floor would need changes to clear, and the trans mount would also have to be redone.
    If you do move things around, it would probably be quicker to use an early B van (71-77) trans mount, so you can set the height and use any shorty trans. It hangs under the trans, instead of bolting on top.

Attached Files:

22. bonez

bonez
    from Slow lane

V8 in that thing? Fuck yes.
    I thought you were goin to mount the radiator in the back. I think im startin to confuse van builds :)

23. KSNPVMT

KSNPVMT
    from St George

Ok...I did it! I bought a 108 to pull the 318 out of for my van. Going to get the V8 pulled but continue to work on the panel until its up and running and work all the bugs out of the suspension, then swap motors after the 318 has been rebuilt. I will be selling whats left of the 108.

Attached Files:

24. KSNPVMT

KSNPVMT
    from St George

Sorry i have not posted in a while...been busy at my shop and no time for the van. But started running the battery cables to the rear and installing the radiator yesterday and ran into yet another snag! The front axle swings right past the lower radiator port so have to cut it off and make it turn up 90 degrees so it does not contact the axle at full drop. Should be able to fire it up for the first time in a year this weekend.....pretty excited!

Attached Files:

25. LeftCoastCruiser

LeftCoastCruiser
    from So Cal

This thing is bad ass. Great work!

26. KSNPVMT

KSNPVMT
    from St George

problem solved...made it a 90 degree. But now cant get part cuz everyone has left for the holiday weekend so next week it is.

Remember our fallen and also those still serving this weekend!!!!!! We Love you!

Attached Files:

27. rusty rocket

rusty rocket

that thing is sooooo fricken kool.

28. KSNPVMT

KSNPVMT
    from St George

I really appreciate the positive comments.....thanks guys!!

29. mothradeath

mothradeath

Never got around to asking you.......what's your final plans on the van once you finish the bags get to drive it and work out the bugs? Full spray possibly? And kustom sheet metal? Keep on welding.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.