Register now to get rid of these ads!

Folks Of Interest Hot Rods and Rock& Roll,.... Dick Clark RIP

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by Harms Way, Apr 18, 2012.

1. Harms Way

Harms Way

Dick Clark a name that will be forever attached to the Rock & Roll Radio from the 50's on ,... passed away today at the age of 82.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Last edited: Apr 18, 2012
  2. 48flthdf1

48flthdf1

That Man was A very Humble and wonderful Guy...Met him once in 68 in Oklahoma City..He will be Missed

3. BLUDICE

BLUDICE

Now the music has really died. RIP Dick Clark

4. Harms Way

Harms Way

Dick Clark strikes a Cord in 1970

[​IMG]

The Dick Clark American Bandstand Museum.
    [​IMG]

5. F-6Garagerat

F-6Garagerat

6. KJSR

KJSR
    from Utah
    1. Utah HAMBers

Many of us grew up watching that guy. RIP

7. gnichols

gnichols
    from Tampa, FL

RIP Dick. One of the few people who surely affected us all. Gary

8. Soul Train's Don Cornelius..now Dick.
    Man I'm feeling old.

9. Chrisbcritter

Chrisbcritter

Damn. He seemed to be doing better this past New Year's Eve - his speech seemed clearer than last time; I thought the therapy was going well.

Guess that makes it official - the record for World's Oldest Teenager stands at 82 and is not likely to be broken. RIP Dick.

10. Weasel

Weasel

The oldest teenager in America and the one guy who seemed immortal. RIP Mr. Clark - you did so much for so many generations and your legacy lives on....

11. okiedokie

okiedokie
    from Ok

I would be across the street playing baseball and my Sis would call me to watch American Bandstand with Dick Clark. I was already hooked on hot rods, he hooked me on rock and roll. Great guy, RIP.

12. I grew up with my Mom listening to Bandstand,,I did my far share of watching it too!

RIP Dick AOT,,HRP

<iframe src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/tGjXo-3AjCc" allowfullscreen="" width="420" frameborder="0" height="315"></iframe>

13. rest in peace mr clark, you will be missed

14. Royalshifter

Royalshifter
    from California

All american guy.....RIP

15. chopnchaneled

chopnchaneled
    from Buford Ga.

RIP Dick

Learned how to dance watching his show, now that i'm old would stay up on new years eve just to watch him bring in the new year.

16. He will be missed. Watch his after school program when I was in grade school. He will not get the news coverage that Whitney received because he was not on drugs etc. He had a lot of talent and influenced teenagers in the right direction.

Did Pat Boone die?

17. goose-em

goose-em
    from Louisiana

I mentioned his passing to a couple of the folks that work for me.

They asked, "who is Dick Clark"

One said, Oh I love the Dick Van Dyke show. Not to bright that one.

I said and immediatley regretted, He was on Amercan Bandstand, to which I got blank stares.

Now I am feeling old.

Rest in peace we miss you.

18. Don's Hot Rods

Don's Hot Rods
    from florida

That's terrible to hear. Dick was a class guy and tried to make American Bandstand a wholesome environment for teens to come and have fun. In 1957-58 I was about 12 and used to go to visit my Sister who lived in Philly. She would drive us past the studio where AB was televised from and we would see all the "famous" kids we would see that day dancing on the show. There would be a line around the front of the building.

Dick was eternally young looking, even in his later years, but I understand he had a stroke a while back that took it's toll. Rest in Peace, Mr Clark.:(

Don

19. Sir Woosh

Sir Woosh

You may be gone from our sight for now, but you will never be out of our hearts.

Thank you Dick Clark for all the wonderful memories and
    American Bandstand ! ! ! ! !

20. enfieldjoe

enfieldjoe
    from Eustis, FL

RIP Dick, you will be missed, but not forgotten.

21. I understand he went in for an outpatient procerure and ran into complications and they were not able to revive him. It's a shame anytime we lose an icon like him. He was a big part of what was right with the country for many many years. RIP Mr. Clark, you will be remembered forever.

22. There sure is a difference in TV today. I would rather watch old episodes of American Bandstand than Dancing with the Stars. I think the intelligence level in the US is going down hill fast. Dancing with the Stars is about as put on as a show can be and the format sucks. The judges could probably can not dance and they are criticizing people that are probably more natural dancers than they are.

I like watching the New Years show with Dick Clark. He was top drawer.

Thanks for posting the video.

Last edited: Apr 18, 2012
  23. Mr48chev

Mr48chev

I saw the notice on Facebook before going to lunch. He was one of the great ones for sure and had a positive influence on a lot of us.

Those were the days. Ride the school bus home, run down the lane and turn the tv on so we could catch Bandstand. Often it was in hope of seeing that cute gal that I had a crush on up close to the camera.

When I was in the Army in Viet Nam I had friends from Philly who said that they often went to the studio and got to watch and dance but only the chosen ones got on TV then.

24. brandyspaw

brandyspaw

RIP Dick. You added so much to our popular culture.

25. Hotrodbuilderny

Hotrodbuilderny

26. 57Custom300

57Custom300
    from Arizona

Guess heaven needed a rock&roll m/c. Rock on Dick!

27. He's the only one that managed to look like he still was in his 30's you did a lot for everything we love RIP

28. sololobo

sololobo

The show goes on, it's upstairs now. Dick Clark will always be a hero of mine, pure class guy that gave me hours of entertainment and excitement. We would rush home after school to see his show, the greatest. R.I.P.~sololobo~

29. jrt49box

jrt49box

R.I.P. Dick Clark .... Rock-On sir ....

30. Now Hank Ballard can get his revenge...