Register now to get rid of these ads!

How do i fix my sawzall?

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by malaguena, Apr 16, 2012.

1. So my sawzall has the tip where it turns to release the saw blade cartidges. It turns but wont release the blades. Ive looked online and cant find anything on how to fix this. Ive looked at it and see no screws or such to take the tip off.

Any help would be appreciated, ive just start wacking away on a project and 50 bucks for a used one would kind of hurt me right now.

2. 1Bad67

1Bad67

I had to repair mine there too. They sell a repair kit. From what I gathered its pretty common. Its been too long ago for me to remember much more though.

3. badshifter

badshifter

4. 59 brook

59 brook

as a plumber my sawzall cuts all kinds of shit literally this happens often but i have been lucky some wd40 twist it back and forth sometimes even have to grab the ring with channellocks to get that last little bit of a turn.

5. I too am a Plumber, a little oil is amazing thing for the sawzall blade lock...... And yes, break it loose with the channel locks.

Johnnie.

6. Well i wd-40-ed it and also added 3 in 1 gun oil, let it wait a day and then worked it back and forth about 100 times. Tomorrow ill try the channel locks on the twisting lock.

7. Hammer and duct tape

8. 49ratfink

49ratfink
    from California

look online. Milwaukee has stores that sell parts and refurbished tools.

9. If i cant get the lock to work, ill order that new part. My dad bought this days before he passed and it would mean a lot for me to get it working again. Honestly.. id rather have this working than a brand new one. Ill order that new lock for it tomorrow if i cant get it to work.

Im a sentimental bastard i suppose.

10. Bust the blade off. Then on the face where the blade goes in, theres a lock ring that you need to pop off. I use a utility knife blade to catch the edge and peel it off the shaft. Then the turning ring that locks the pin can come off. I just bought a Super Sawsall orbital and 360 degree handle for $20 bucks at the swap meet. I ordered a keyless chuck online an it will be delivered for $21.