Register now to get rid of these ads!

54 Savoy Build

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by redneck061102, Jun 5, 2011.

1. redneck061102

redneck061102
    from cabot, ar

Ok guys/girls I’m finally home and ready to start. The <?xml:namespace prefix = st1 ns = "urn:schemas-microsoft-com:eek:ffice:smarttags" /><st1:place w:st="on"><st1:State w:st="on">Savoy</st1:State></st1:place> is in need of help, not horrible from what I’m hearing but I’m a FNG so it's going to be fun (if catch what I’m putting down). Ok so I already have new floors and rockers for it, but can't seem to find rear quarters:(. I searched the HAMB and came up with nothing:confused:. So please help I’m sure I missed them so place but I’ve been looking for days and can’t find them any were. I’ll keep ya’ll posted on the build and any new pics as I get them. Oh I almost forgot the best part of the build, the original flat 6 still runs flawless. So I’m reaching out to ya’ll so help.<?xml:namespace prefix = o ns = "urn:schemas-microsoft-com:eek:ffice:eek:ffice" /><o:p></o:p>

Attached Files:

2. redneck061102

redneck061102
    from cabot, ar

sorry i dont know what happened. the last line is supposed to say "for some help". sorry i dont know how that happened.

3. yetiskustoms

yetiskustoms

hey man, good luck with the savoy! i am in the same boat as you when it comes to finding odd ball Plymouth parts. give www.oldmoparts.com a looksy, they had my clutch and fuel sender. they also have a catalog that may cover sheet metal, or you can make it your self like i had too.

4. RDR

RDR

wow...they've opened the floodgates on '54 Savoys...They're coming outta the woodwork!!:eek::rolleyes:

5. yetiskustoms

yetiskustoms

as a lover of 54 Chevys, i found my 54 savoy to be a little change of pace. i am really impressed by them. they got a good look and are surprisingly small too.

6. prttyplymouthgal

prttyplymouthgal

Cant wait to see this Savoy finished :) You've got good bones..Give these guys a call..I always see them at swapmeets and I know they will ship parts anywhere and they seem to always have a good selection of Mopar parts. Big M Auto Salvage, Williams CA Phone 1-530-473-2225

Good Luck!!! :)

7. yetiskustoms

yetiskustoms

any pix or updates?

8. Love my 54,I love the way it looks laying on the floor.

9. yetiskustoms

yetiskustoms

pistolitas,, what did you do suspension/ clip wise to get it all layed out??:cool:

10. I z the front end with bags works ok but I'm thinking of going with the s10

11. yetiskustoms

yetiskustoms

i have a jag, s10, and volare front clip sitting at my place. thinking maybe volare to keep it mopar. i have done s10 clips on 54 chevys butcan be narrow, the upside to an s10 clip is it gives you some turning room when dropped

12. use whichever one fits! one drawback of the s-10 is sometimes the steering box being out front gets in the way. the volare stuff was junk when new, weak idler arm mounting but the jag sounds cool. hell just make sure u take lots of pic's and post them.:D

13. yetiskustoms

yetiskustoms

another upside to the s10 is all the aftermarket parts available. adapting a rack set up would be easy enough...

55 dude- i am bad about posting pix haha.

14. if you figure out a easy way to adapt R&P to a s-10 i want to know because i have been trying for years to come across somebody that had done it correctly. have you seen pictures ofone done?

15. Camostorm

Camostorm

I am just about to get started on my 54' Savoy as well. Very low rust. thank you california. I plan on keeping it pretty stock though. Every thing stays. but I do plan on a shave and maybe a chop. Right now my concern lies with getting it cleaned up. just posted to reddit as well.

Here are the pics.
    http://imgur.com/a/OesD9

16. lolife

lolife

54 Savoy was my first car. Listening to the radio for an hour sucked the battery dry, and produced a lot of heat from the tubes :)

Drove it to school every day. Paid $50 for it, and traded it in on a 57 Desoto.

Last edited: Apr 15, 2012