Register now to get rid of these ads!

'bird got banged up!

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by poncho, Jul 9, 2005.

1. poncho

poncho

so..the wife backs outta the driveway to go to the grocery store..im watching her out the front window of the house...at the same time the neighbour across the street backs outta her driveway also,,without even looking behind her the bitch backs right into the right door of the '63 t-bird...the wife was already in drive and starting to pull forward when she was hit!!
    [​IMG]

2. im tellin ya

nice cars are magnets for this

ive had plenty of cars i didnt give a shit about and they never got messed up even when i hit things/ threw shit at them

but the cars i liked and babied always found a way to get messed up

its bogus

-dan

3. poncho

poncho

ya kustomkrestline..i paint for a living at a busy toyota dealer bodyshop and see all kinds of cars smashed and dont give a shit about ' em,,but when ya see a old car get smashed it gives ya that sick feeling ...but shit happens,,now is a good time to shave all the thunderbird badges and shave the locks and paint it gonna tri coat it..

4. scottrod

scottrod

Here's what happens when a drunk driver hits your T-Bird at 40 mph
    Grad night 1990 R.I.P.

[​IMG]

-Scotty

5. Anderson

Anderson

had the same exact think happen in my apartment parking lot not long ago, was pulling out and someone backed into the same spot on my passenger door without even looking. Sons of bitches...

6. damn....is she covering the damages on her insurance?

Sorry bro...I feel your pain. Hope it all works out.

7. poncho

poncho

thanks ..our insurance is government owned..so it against the law to drive a car without insurance..im not sure how it works in the u.s.a.,,i already have put in my claim and will take it to my work on monday..its gonna stick out like a sore thumb in a shop full of toyotas...

8. Rocket88

Rocket88

Frickin' figures don't it.
    Get a nice car and it gets hit, while your daily driver pos never gets a scratch.

Sorry to see that happen Poncho.

9. speedypete

speedypete

Ouch... i havent even got to see it yet! Hope things work out for the best(or atleast better)
    Just out of interests sake, what did the lady that hit the bird have to say?

10. I watched my next door neighbor back out into the street at the same time the guy across the street was backing out. Neither of them was watching and they both kissed rear bumpers in the middle of the street at about 2 MPH.......both very surprised! No damage done to the Lincoln town car or the new Moostang with rubber bumpers...

11. FiddyFour

FiddyFour

reading things that happen like this makes me REAL glad my wife an i back into the driveway and drive out... sorry about that rumple man,,, hope for the best :mad:

12. BigDdy31

BigDdy31

I think it'll stick out more like a cool, Fonzie thumb amongst all the Camrys, even with a dent. ;)

Man, I wish I was Canadian. Y'all have real live medical help no matter how poor a person is AND the gov issues the insurance so it's gotta be cheaper than our private system of any moron who can start a company writing insurance, taking one's premium money, and then not wanting to pay off when something happens. Would y'all consider opening up a Canadian franchise in Texas? We used to be our own country but when that went down the chute it's all been downhill from there. :eek:

13. pimpin paint

pimpin paint
    from so cal

Hey Poncho,

Sorry 'bout the bird. Ya might try taken this by one of the shops that
    do "Paintless Dent Repair" seriously! some of the larger detail shops
    offer this service, here in the states. By pryin' and pullin' from the
    inside of the door shell a guy who really knows his shit "might" be able
    to save this door without breakin' the paint, it don't look broken in the
    photo. That red would be a real bitch ta match without shootin the side
    of the car.

good luck,

14. Morrisman

Morrisman
    from England

I'm just amazed people can do that sort of thing. Don't they worry about small kids, pets, cars, people walking etc? Are they Stupid? Don't they care? Are they so important they don't feel the need to worry about hitting something?

15. C'mon give 'em a break.. Do you know how hard it is to see a 20' long, bright red and chrome missle behind you? :mad:

16. poncho

poncho

i paint for a living,and the paint is cracked at the edge.plus i absolutly hate these paintless dent DORKS..i work at a bodyshop in a dealership..and not once has a paintless repair looked at all like a paintless repair,,you can ALWAYS see where the dent was/is..and 50% of the time they scratch,or chip the paint in the prosess..the 1/4 panel at the door edge is dented to,so i ll be painting that panel and blending the front fender anyways..but thanks anyway!!im going to shave a bunch of trim and repainting the whole car i think..
    4t64rd wrote"C'mon give 'em a break.. Do you know how hard it is to see a 20' long, bright red and chrome missle behind you?"...
    thats exactly what i asked her.but she said...in a broken asian accent " i dont know,i dont know, i no see you..someone else fault"

17. willowbilly3

willowbilly3
    Member Emeritus
    from Sturgis

I used to have a customer that brought me his 52 Desoto 2 door hartop to work on when I worked at a Toyota dealership. The first time it rolled into the shop the showroom was like a ghost town, everyone was out ther wanting to know what it was.

18. sgary

sgary

she said...in a broken asian accent " i dont know,i dont know, i no see you..someone else fault"[/QUOTE]

If anyone thinks this might sound biased toward asian drivers,come up here and drive in the Richmond area.I've was hit 4 times last year in my 66 Impala.
    No wonder basic insurance is $1000 a year.

19. Ponch my pal...sorry bout the car but THANX for bringin her to our BBQ anyhoo.
    It was nice to see her rollin...i'll give ya a hand with the timing n all...Tues?
    call me,let me know