Register now to get rid of these ads!

HGolley 94 problems

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by skwurl, Apr 13, 2012.

1. skwurl

skwurl

First off I used the search function to no avail.Sbc 383 cubes, heavy on the cam. don't know specs off the top of my head. Loads up at idle and when coming to a stop it wants to die. float hieght is good fuel psi is at 1.5. I have .50 jets in the primary carb.The outer carbs are blocked fo now. I don't know what else to check. new no. 4 PV. Thanks in advance:mad:

Last edited: Apr 13, 2012
  2. percifab

percifab
    from Dixon,CA

Look down the carb at an idle. If its dripping fuel. Out of the secondarys it will be running rich witch will cause it to flood out when you stop.

3. skwurl

skwurl

The secondarys are not being used in order to dila in the primary

4. jack orchard

jack orchard

leaking power valve? new style power valves do not seat properly w/some gaskets.
    don't know if this is what you have, but something to consider...jack

5. dlotraf

dlotraf

had similar problem with a 3 x 2 setup using 94's. was loading up so bad would not run below 2000 rpm. all rebuilt with new parts. new power valve bad. replaced idled down to 500 rpm.

6. percifab

percifab
    from Dixon,CA

You still have secondary jets in your primary carb

7. skwurl

skwurl

What would cause fuel to come through the secondaries with the throttle closed?

8. I would ditch the power valve... That's what your secondaries are for.... After they get running. As for the idle, dumb question but have you checked the idle mixture screws? Also check to see that your float isn't get stuck open....

Just my quick 2 cents

BC

9. skwurl

skwurl

I pulled the power valve back out. I looked in the bowl and saw scratches inside the bowl where the plunger was hitting. It was holding the valve open. I clearanced it and now it's free to move. Thanks to everyone for their input.