Register now to get rid of these ads!

Plowboy's Children of the Corn Gatherin

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by TRIUMPH TERROR, Jul 10, 2005.

1. TRIUMPH TERROR

TRIUMPH TERROR

Man I thought I lived out where the chickens screw the hoot owls but you my man Plowboy live so far out the chickens wont even go.Thanks for the hospitality Burgers,beer and metal workin.If you all have seen the pics of the Lander it is just as impressive in person.(swelling of head starts here)
    It was a honor to meet and talk to Mr. Fay Butler He is the Ruler amongst all metal workin Rulers.No question seemed to be a dumb question and I was impressed with the fact that Mr.Butler went out of his way to speak and introduce himself to everyone that pulled in your driveway.Once again he is a class act.
    Nice to meet abomber30,youngrodder,bustedlifter,and all the other Hambrs that were present.

Thanks Shoe
    Heres a few pics

Attached Files:

2. yngrodder

yngrodder

Nice meeting you to,
    Thats right Mr. Fay Butler was at the plowboy ranch, Aaron was tring to teach fay some metal skills but he wasnt having it. I think he will stick to his way of doing things instead of Aarons ways. Fay invited some other metal Fabercaters that he knew from Il,Wis,and Mo Saterday night Fay came out and hung out with Plowboy,Abomber30,Cas,Kustombuilder,Frizby and myself we got a few tips of the trade that night and cought a good buzz.
    Sunday Aaron had a cookout and there were several HAMBERS there to many to mention,I would say there was 50 to 100 people there. Fay was awesome he answered all questions and if possible he picked up a piece of metal and showed how to do what ever it was that you asked. Thanks again Plowboy and Fay a good time was had by all. I will post a few of my pics Monday, Mel

3. TRIUMPH TERROR

TRIUMPH TERROR

Yes there were more Hambers there than I realized.Maybe we should have had nametags.LoL I didnt realize kustombuilder was there If I am not mistaken is he not the one doin a BSA that he got from Hatch?Would have liked to talked at him.

Once agian when the old convert rolled in to the driveway it was well worth the 550 mile round trip.....

Shoe

4. BigDdy31

BigDdy31

Yeah, that would be it. I think it's the one that started out that scary blue color on the frame.

5. yngrodder

yngrodder

Here is a list off the top of my head and Im sure Im forgetting people
    7 Metalshapers (Fays buddys)

Plowboy
    Yngrodder
    Triumph Terror
    Abomber30
    Cas
    Frizby
    Valentine
    Nic32Vic
    KustomBuilder
    Cptstickfigure
    Vtwinsideways
    Wildwilly68

6. WildWilly68

WildWilly68

Yeah it was a great time...got to meet some guys and put a face with the names. My buzz still isn't worn off tho:eek: ... Definately learned some stuff from Fay and the guy from Metal Ace...guess I gotta get me one of those english wheels now!

7. unclescooby

unclescooby
    from indy

I'm so pissed I missed this. I don't think it was too much to ask to have a maternity ward AND a metal working seminar but NOOOOOO....Aaron decided not to be quite that accomodating so I had to stay here. I do appreciate him offering up the lunar lander as our new crib though. That's righteous.

8. seems like this whole weekend has alot of HAMB'ers meeting up...this is the 3rd post tonight..

Cool, sounds like a great time. Too bad we all couldnt meet up somewhere in the middle one weekend. :)

9. 53burb

53burb

You said Fay Butler? That guy is a metal god! Just ask Jesse! ( WCC) Ya, that Jesse!

10. abomber30

abomber30
    from syc, ILL

hahaha pretty fitting that fay is working on a tractor hood at aarons hahaha sure is a lot of corn there good times let em roll

11. TRIUMPH TERROR

TRIUMPH TERROR

Yes he is. the Knowlege that this man has of how metal bends and shapes and the properties of it is amazing.I say if you ever get the chance to meet him or go to his school it would be money well spent.

Shoe

12. Plowboy

Plowboy

Wow, what a great weekend, and it ain't over for me yet. I am going with Fay this morning to go check out a buddy of mine's shop. He is genuinely a great guy and would do ANYTHING to help someone that is trying to get started.

I didn't get a whole lot of pictures because I was too busy listening to Fay to bother with the camera. If any of you other losers has some pics please share them with me. There was a nice collection of iron in the driveway and I didn't even get a pic of any of it. I walked out to get some pics and ended up talking to someone else every time.

Here are a couple of mine. I actually have something other than a can of beer in my hand! Wow, that was a Kodak moment!

And Fay hammering on the lander, that was cool, I am sure he was thinking, "what the hell did this guy do to this thing?"

Attached Files:

13. CptStickfigure

CptStickfigure
    from Urbana, IL

THAT'S who that was. I spent the whole damn day trying to remember where I'd seen his hammer and torch tattoo. Didn't click that it was a HAMBer until I got home.

I'll second what everybody's already said about Fay. Nicest guy you could ever hope to meet. I got one hell of an introduction to the english wheel this weekend.

Here's Fay and Frizby working on his taillight transition.

[​IMG]

14. CAS

CAS

I have NEVER seen so much corn and beans. It was a tough ride down but a little better on the way back (I improved my time to 5.5 hours). The sun was a scorcher. Drew ...I owe you a map!! Thanks!

The ride was was worth every mile!
    Fay is a true master and very eager to share his knowledge. I learned a ton and am very anxious to apply it.
    As usual I had a great time talking stupid and drinking beer with you guys.

Plowboy...Thanks for the hospitality and the Mad Metal Love.

15. kustombuilder

kustombuilder
    from Novi, MI

man, i did'nt realize so many of the people there were HAMBers. Aaron did'nt do any introductions like a good host would have :p . was that you in the Dart Convert, Shoe??? nice car BTW. sorry if i was a little out of it sunday. we did some serious beer drinkin saturday night and i woke up with a bass drum goin off in my head. i gotta thank Plowboy and his wife for the great hospitality. great food, a comfortable bed and all the cold beer we could hammer away.

i spent most of the time hangin with my old friend Aaron (Plowboy), Drew (Abomber30), Craig (CAS), and Mel (what the hell is your HAMB name???). also hung out with Heath (Frizbee) who i did'nt realize was a HAMBer till i read this post. i did meet Nic32Vic and his dad. real great guys, but i felt like the jolly green giant standing next to those two :D . there were so many others that i did'nt meet, so it seems. sorry bout that. next time.

i'm actually realy surprised that Plowboy let the cat out of the bag and let so many people witness that it was actually Fay Butler who he PAID to build the Lunar Lander, after taking all the credit for himself. :eek: he's turnin into a real "goldchainer". you should hear the plans for his next air conditioned, billet laden luxury mobile complete with climate controlled, plush carpeted enclosed car trailer for his trophy getter roadster to ride all safe and sound in to all the big indoor car shows. :D

in all seriousness. it was a fuckin awesome time hangin out with the boys and tellin lies. i thank Aaron for the invitation to this (once) super secret shindig. i'll drive 6 hours to hang out with you girls anytime ;) :D .....

Attached Files:

16. kustombuilder

kustombuilder
    from Novi, MI

WOW! some of the pictures from later on saturday sure are blurry. wonder why that is :confused: ...

about Fay. the man is the most gracious and friendly guy you could meet. he walked up to EVERYONE and introduced himself when they arrived at the Plowboy Rust Ranch. he was as forthcoming as can be, as far as sharing his knowledge with this bunch of hoodlums. he did his best to not only answer your questions but to make sure you fully understood the answer aswell. what a guy. it's no wonder Plowboy has pictures of him hangin in his bedroom with little hearts drawn around his face :D .

Attached Files:

17. kustombuilder

kustombuilder
    from Novi, MI

nope. i'm not done yet...

Attached Files:

18. kustombuilder

kustombuilder
    from Novi, MI

if you see yourself (or your ride) in any of the pics speak up so we can put the name to the face.

here are a couple more. i just loved Aaron's "yard art" welded up from scrap farm impliments.

i think that is Boyd Coddington helpin Drew load up the S-10 for the journey back home. WOW, that Plowboy rubs elbows with ALL the big shots. i even heard Jimmy Shine calls him and asks for advice on his biggest projects and to just shoot the shit about farming an how to score the hot babes ;) ...

hey CAS. thanks for the ride in the bucket. what a fuckin blast. i was truely inspired to get my ass in gear on my own roadster. the whole weekend was inspirational. i'm headed for the garage in just a few minutes.

Attached Files:

19. CAS

CAS

Mike... cool pics. I didn't get any, as ususal, I forgot my camera.
    It was good to see you again and tip a couple back. I hope you didn't eat too many bugs on the ride to the "best gutbombs" east of the Mississippi.

20. TRIUMPH TERROR

TRIUMPH TERROR

I guess I dont see a pic of my driver as it is to new and not a traditional"Ratrod":D

Yes as we speak Plowboy is being fitted for his Gold chain and he needs to start watching what he eats and drinks as the TV camera can make you look 20 lbs heavier.:rolleyes:

Shoe

PS: Aaron it was the best Pride Day I have ever attended. LoL

21. Plowboy

Plowboy

Actually, as you were speaking, I was taking Fay and his wife through a cornfield passing on knowledge of what I know the most about. They found my corn and bean tour interesting as well of my knowledge of glaciers and their effect on the soils of Illinois. We also went to my buddy Greg's shop to view the wild 60 Impala. It was a great weekend guys so we will definitely have to do it again, maybe in the winter.

Check out faybutler.com if you haven't before, the nicest guy ever.

Oh and Shoe, by the way, those were BEANS around my house not corn, way to go farm boy! The corn was across the road. Children of the Beans doesn't sound that cool though, does it?

22. Frizby

Frizby
    from Cisco, Il

It was a great gathering of some heavy duty dudes! Had a blast tipping frostys on saturday night with ya'll. Everyone there on saturday night is exceptionaly talented too, it blew me away to hear about and see some of your projects. can't wait to see you guys again. Next time I'll bring something we can all bang around on.

As far as Fay goes and all of the other metalshapers that came, these were seriously talented people. They were very generous and helpfull sharing tricks of thier trade. It was totally unbeliveable all the talent under one roof. Mike is right Fay is a hero, he would show you something and if he could tell you didn't understand, and he would work with you and make you get it. Thanks alot Fay. I think all the other so called famous builders could take a lesson from Fay, it's not all about the money, if everyone shared what the knew we could all build better rods.

When you guys are ready for another colan blow come down and we'll grab some burgers! I had a hell of a time deflating plowboys head last night! If you need a track nose hammered out get ahold of captstickfigure!

Good luck with the brits boys watch that oil pressure!

23. yngrodder

yngrodder

I have NEVER seen so much corn, Aaron gave corn cobs a new meaning to me. It was a tough ride but I liked it, Drew ...I owe you to!! Thanks!
    The ride was worth every mile!
    Drew is a true master and very eager to share his ( ) and I am very anxious to apply it again.
    As usual I had a great time talking stupid and drinking beer with you guys.

Plowboy...Thanks for the hospitality and the Mad Metal Love.[/QUOTE]

Wow!!! I wish I could have stayed over with you Boyz sounds like I missed the fun part when I left Sat night, Oh Well theres always those times at the Comfort Inn.
    I wondered why you was walking funny Sun morning.

There is a good size cruise in Decatur Thursday night for all you guys in the 217 Aaron and I will be there.

24. Nick32vic

Nick32vic

Holy cows. Aaron lives way the hell out there. It was such an awesome day on sunday. The weather was great, the food was good, and the company was arousing. haha.

Fay Butler is probably one of coolest guys ever. I dont even realy need to say anything about him, everyones already said everything.

"
    HAHAHAH! O god, your so funny!!!!!!!!!!!!! <sarcasm. :D :p

It was cool kickin it in the 217. 618 Represent!

Thanks again Aaron. I had fun. Ill send you a disk with my pics on it. Ill post some whenever our power comes back on and i can get on my home comptuer.

Nick

25. Plowboy

Plowboy

Hanging out with Fay is pretty interesting. We were just standing on the square and he would point to a car and say "what do you think of that ______?"....."I made the __________ on the prototype." Not once, but several times!

The man has seen and done just about everything.

26. CptStickfigure

CptStickfigure
    from Urbana, IL

Ha! Yeah, well you know I got plenty of practice making the body panels on that Saturn.

27. I hate myself ,for not bein able to make it over there into the burnt up corn;) , Plowboy....Thanks for the invite ......I really missed a good thing!

28. monsterflake

monsterflake

sorry i missed it, the NEXT time, i'll head up. children of the beans and the southern illinois gay rods, whatta combo...

29. kustombuilder

kustombuilder
    from Novi, MI

Wow!!! I wish I could have stayed over with you Boyz sounds like I missed the fun part when I left Sat night, Oh Well theres always those times at the Comfort Inn.
    I wondered why you was walking funny Sun morning.

QUOTE]

WOW! i'm not sure if i should be upset or thankful that they left me out of that one :rolleyes: . i never heard a thing. i was sleepin like a rock.

30. Nick32vic

Nick32vic

OK here are some of the pics i took. Captions are on top of the pictures.

First off, we have our gracious host.
    [​IMG]

Left to right: Jim Rettick he was crazy good with the english wheel, Frizby with a dreamy look on his face, a guy i dont know, and Fay Butler.
    [​IMG]

Just a neat picture
    [​IMG]

Cas' awesome T
    [​IMG]