Register now to get rid of these ads!

Features Model A's with fenders and running boards... let's see 'em

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by decker, Jun 16, 2010.

1. Humpback

Humpback
    from U.K.

My '29 mocked together and just before I blow it apart for paint etc. over the winter. Going for a slight '60s theme, just need some kidney bean Halibrands for Christmas!

Attached Files:

2. It gets no better than this!

[​IMG]

Uncle Ronn likes this.
  3. Blue Moon Garage

Blue Moon Garage

Here's mine...............

Attached Files:

4. b-bop

b-bop

And here is mine.............

Attached Files:

5. C0ra1l1

C0ra1l1

Mine on a trailer...driving pics coming spring/summer 2012 ;-)

-Pasi

Attached Files:

6. Mine, 2010 World of Speed.

Attached Files:

7. 58edselretractable

58edselretractable

Attached Files:

Last edited: Dec 2, 2011
  8. Jeem

Jeem
    Alliance Vendor

Yep. Just bitchin'.

In reference to the current TRJ thread.....Larry Braga needs a full on feature. More insight and photos of his work and maybe an interview.

9. Agreed on Larry Braga. Anyone who still owns the roadster he built 40 years ago should be featured in TRJ!!

FYI, the red 29 above is owned by Tom Conley.

10. Reindeer

Reindeer
    from Finland

I imported Pasi's tudor as stocker from Sweden in 2004 and started modifications. It was two-tone dark blue and black then.

11. jailhousebob

jailhousebob
    from Illinois

[​IMG]
    i'm working on this one.

12. jailhousebob

jailhousebob
    from Illinois

Sorry,don't know where the picture went.I really suck at this computer stuff !

13. Humpback

Humpback
    from U.K.

Agree about the Bragga cars, his red roadster is superb but the brown metallic one with orange steels from the mid '70s was right on the money too.

14. SOLO

SOLO

Here's mine.

Attached Files:

15. Thought I would bring this thread back up. It has been awhile.

16. go-twichy

go-twichy
    BANNED

i wish everybody DID know that. i've seen countless numbers of fenders being seperated from their body's that were together for 75 or more year's that i care to think about. dump em' here or on e-bay, and then the owner brag's about it like he's a super hero. as we know, it does take more work and fitting to finish one with fenders, running boards, apron's, etc. i love looking at all these fendered car's. mine will be on the road shortly and i'll add to this list. i like em' un-chopped too.

17. A Model Art

A Model Art

I dont have any large pictures to post If you look at Gardon's car the differences in our cars are the headlights and the top, his is white and mine is black.

18. 3banjos

3banjos
    from NZ

Fenders or no fenders, looking at most of these examples, the Model A is certainly the best Hotrod style of all time. Plenty to go around, as far as production numbers go. And definitely my next build choice. They really don't need a boring 32 grille shell for enhancement. 2 cents

19. My old man's getting striped

Do it once, do it right.
    My idea of fun, 6-71, 642hp, 570ft/lb, 11" tyre, 4.56 out back and two gears....

Attached Files:

20. mgtstumpy

mgtstumpy

Local cars

Attached Files:

21. Super88

Super88

3banjos, I'm with you. The 32 grille shell on a Model A may have been the cool thing to do, but it's been done so much that I've gotten tired of it. I really prefer the look of an A shell on a A.

22. rats28

rats28
    from Louisiana

Ill play here's mine:D

Attached Files:

cederholm likes this.
  23. daddio211

daddio211

X3. I've never understood running a Deuce shell on an A, UNLESS you're on a Deuce chassis too. To me, and I only speak for myself, running a Deuce grill shell on an A looks like you're trying to make everyone think its a '32.

I'm not bashing anyone, because there are some great cars here. This is just my .02, so take it for what its worth. I've also never understood running a Deuce chassis with an A body and A shell.

24. Super88

Super88

And just to clarify, I'm a firm believer that a person should build their ride however they wish, regardless of trends or the opinions of others. Like others have stated, not saying it's wrong, just expressing my preference.

25. Here's the old Vicky. Will turn 140,000 miles this week.

[​IMG]

26. daddio211

daddio211

Precisely! Just because I say so doesn't have any bearing on what everyone else should be doing. My personal preference ONLY!

27. TERPU

TERPU

Larry Braga had it perfected, and no it doesn't get any better than that. Perfect stance.

Tim

28. JDW

JDW
    from Upstate NY

Many people run deuce grilles simply because of the lack of decent repro, USA made 'A' shells and the originals that are left are in such bad shape that repair of a stainless OEM many times looks worse then what the crappy chrome plated repros are. Then there cost of a decent 'A' shell even with those repair. Next, there are 3 different major versions with the 4th (early '28 which had a minor variation). Mine is a '31, had two different grille shells. One was real bad, the other - well let's say the cost for repairs was 2x the cost of the Brookville shell and the Dale's insert. I really wanted to stay with the '31 shell, but some things are not possible within reason.

If those that commented don't have or never had an 'A" or what to build them with, get off your soap box and join real life.

29. daddio211

daddio211

JDW, the only one on a soapbox is you. Please re-read the comments, as they were never meant to offend. I believe if you truly wanted an A shell you would have had one and not be justifying anything.

And yes, I've built an A and have two more waiting. One of those will have a deuce shell and chassis. Please feel free to voice your opinion regarding what you don't like about my builds as I post build threads.